Online Payments

  1. 16th District Court
  2. Parks and Rec Classes
  3. Treasurer's Office
  4. Water Billing

Payments of Fines and Costs may be made by:

  • Cash
  • Check (make payable to 16th District Court) No out of state checks are accepted. 
  • Money order (make payable to 16th District Court)
  • Visa, MasterCard or Discover
  • Credit card online 

MCR 1.110 / Collection of Fines and Costs

Fines, costs and other financial obligations imposed by the Court must be paid at the time of assessment, except when the Court allows otherwise, for good cause shown.

Visa, American Express, Mastercard, and Discover CardsCredit Card Payments

Payment may be made in person or online using Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express. An Enhanced Access Fee (fee varies depending on the amount of payment; a $2.50 minimum is charged) will be added to your payment, in person or online.

Online Payments

Payments made online will not be processed until the next business day. Please note: any payments made to release a prisoner, you must contact the court prior to making a payment.

Additional Information

  • Tickets/cases with a scheduled fine or an assessment after an informal or formal hearing.
  • An after-hours drop box is available 24 hours per day. It is located in the main lobby of the Livonia Police Department: 15050 Farmington Road, Livonia, MI 48154
    Envelopes are provided. Please no cash deposits.
  • The Court accepts personal checks with proper identification in most instances. Bonds posted must be in cash, certified check or surety. For setting aside a default judgment on civil infractions, cash bond must be posted.
  • The Court accepts the following credit cards: Visa, MasterCard or Discover. Payments with a credit card must be made in person with photo id at the court clerk cashier. Credit cards cannot be used to post bond.
  • Telephone payments by credit card, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express are taken 24 hours through Government Payment Services, Inc. Call 888-604-7888 (Note: Government Payment Service Inc. charges an additional fee for this service.)
  • For past due, suspended FAC/FCJ citations or for Probation Department payments: you must call the court to obtain the exact amount needed to clear your past due, suspended or probation matters. You will be given an authorization number which you will need to give to Government Payment Services Inc.