- Parks & Recreation
Parks and Recreation
In an effort to better serve you, we switched to new software in Jan. 2020 for easy, more convenient online and in-person transactions. If you have not participated in a Parks and Recreation program since 2019, you may need to create a new account. Recreation Center Member accounts have been transferred. If you have problems logging in, please call (734) 466-2900.
Check out our special events page. Many events are family fun for all ages, but some require registration.
- How do I rent a pavilion?
- How do I rent a field?
- Where are all the parks located?
- What are the field numbers at each park?
- What are the pool hours?
- How do I sign up for a Recreation Center membership?
- How do I request a refund?
- What's different at Kirksey Recreation Center due to COVID-19?
- How do I request an EFT cancelation?
Wed Mar. 29
Now Hiring for Multiple Positions
Whether you’re just trying to get your foot in the door with the parks and recreation industry, a high school or college student in need of flexible hours in a fun environment, or you’re a recent retiree with a background well equipped for coordinating and planning events, one of our roles may be perfect for you!
Memories of hanging out at the public pool or hitting that fitness milestone wouldn't be possible without staff keeping watch at those locations and being the face bringing a great experience to our members. Join the team in one of these part-time positions:
- Group Exercise Instructors (starting at $22.00 per hour, Level 9)
- Building Supervisors (starting at $16.15 per hour, Level 6)
- Swim Instructor (starting at $15.05 per hour, Level 5)
- Camp Supervisor (starting at $15.05 per hour, Level 5)
- Climbing Wall Staff (starting at $15.05 per hour, Level 5)
- Volleyball Instructor (starting at $15.05 per hour, Level 5)
- Preschool Activity Instructor (starting at $15.05 per hour, Level 5)
- Lifeguards* (starting at $14.45 per hour, Level 4)
*$155 certification reimbursement available.
- Camp Counselors (starting at $13.75 per hour, Level 3)
- Athletic Supervisors (starting at $13.75 per hour, Level 3)
- Front Desk Staff (starting at $13.75 per hour, Level 3)
- Kid Quarters Attendants (starting at $13.10 per hour, Level 2)
- Park Attendants (starting at $13.10 per hour, Level 2)
- Facility Attendants (starting at $12.37 per hour, Level 1)
- FitHub Attendants (starting at $12.37 per hour, Level 1)
Check out all the options available and apply here! Pay rates raised in 2022! Free recreation center membership!
The Livonia Parks and Recreation Department is proud to offer Livonia youth, ages 17 and younger, a scholarship program to make recreation programs and activities affordable for as many youths as possible. As of Dec. 1, 2022, we are accepting applications for 2023. Allocated funds may be used during the calendar year awarded.
The scholarship, funded by St. Mary Mercy Livonia through the Healthy Livonia initiative, is designed to assist Livonia families financially by subsidizing the cost of Parks and Recreation programs up to a maximum of $300 per child, per year; on a first-come, first-serve basis. The Youth Scholarship will cover 85% of the program fee and the parent/guardian will be responsible for 15% of the fee per approved program. Funds are available based on donations and sponsorship of the program. This scholarship is another example of community partners breaking down barriers to youth participation in exercise, enrichment, and activities.
2023 YOUTH SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION (PDF)
Inspirational Weight Loss Story
Livonia resident Eric Johnson dropped from weighing 550 pounds to less than 190 pounds! Listen in on his inspirational weight loss journey and how the Kirksey Recreation Center helped him reach his weight goals over the past few years.
Parks and Recreation Master Plan Approved
Thanks to a lot of public input, we now have an approved 2022-26 Five-Year Parks and Recreation Plan! Approved by City Council March 23, 2022, this document will help guide the department for the next several years.
Parks and Recreation Mission
Enhance our community through engaging and accessible experiences.
PARKS AND RECREATION Vision
Strive for excellence through innovation, collaboration, and partnerships.
PARKS AND RECREATION Values
- Quality – We strive for excellence through continuous improvement and innovation.
- Inclusion – We respect people, value diversity, are committed to equality, and strive for equity.
- Integrity – We are honest and fair in all our actions.
- Service-driven – We are committed to serving the needs of our patrons.
- Community – The foundation of our success is built upon volunteers, partnerships, and collaborations.
- Play – Embracing fun at every age.
- Wellness – We promote seven dimensions of wellness: Physical, Intellectual, Environmental, Vocational, Social, Emotional, and Spiritual.
- Stewardship – We are committed to preserving our parks and facilities for current and future generations.