Kirksey Recreation Center
MDHHS Epidemic order
Due to the May 14 MDHHS Epidemic Order, some activities are modified. Please maintain six feet of social distancing when in our facilities. Effective June 1, the following features have restrictions:
- Lap pool no longer requires reservations, but is still unavailable 3-6:30 p.m. Mondays-Fridays and 10 a.m. to noon Saturdays due to swim team practice.
- Leisure pool slide is closed, but will reopen soon. The main pool, water features, hot tub spa and lazy river are all open.
- Locker room saunas are limited to three people at a time.
- Tree Fort is open during all regular business hours for ages 10 and younger, under supervision of a parent/guardian ages 16 and older.
- Indoor rentals are not yet being accepted at Kirksey Recreation Center.
Most activities are open with the following caveats:
- Social distancing and capacity limits remain.
- MIOSHA still requires social distancing and disinfecting measures.
- Indoor gatherings are limited to 50% capacity June 1-30.
- Face masks are not required at outdoor events.
- Exceptions to face mask requirement.The requirement to wear a face mask at indoor gatherings does not apply to individuals who:
- Are fully vaccinated persons (ie. completed their final vaccine dose at least 14 days prior);
- Are younger than 2 years old (excluding child care, after-school program, or camp settings);
- Cannot medically tolerate a face mask;
- Are eating or drinking while seated in a designated area or at a private residence;
- Are swimming.
- For Athletics/Sports:
- All individuals can gather outdoors for organized sports without wearing a mask. Individuals that are not fully vaccinated are encouraged to wear a mask while participating in contact sports.
- Fully vaccinated individuals can gather indoors for organized sports.
Become a part of the Jack E. Kirksey Recreation Center experience today! Take advantage of our many membership options to accommodate all ages and lifestyle needs.
For an up to date look at our latest classes and programs, check out our L Magazine for class dates, times and fees or call us at (734) 466-2900. Also, check out our Events Calendar for upcoming events, special announcements, and holiday family fun!
CLASS REGISTRATION INFORMATION
The Jack E. Kirksey Recreation Center offers class sessions. Please note the registration start dates are based on your membership or resident status. They begin at 6 a.m. on the listed date.
SPRING SEVEN-WEEK SESSION
Summer TEN-WEEK SESSION
EASY WAYS TO REGISTER
WALK IT IN
Register in person! The Kirksey Recreation Center is located at 15100 Hubbard (Five Mile and Hubbard).
Recreation Center Regular Hours: (Day after Labor Day through May 31)
- Monday through Friday: 5 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Saturday: 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Sunday: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Recreation Center Summer Hours: (June 1 through Labor Day)
- Monday through Friday: 5 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Saturday: 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Sunday: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Registration is taken on a first come first serve basis.
- Registrations will be accepted until the program/class is full or until the week prior to the start of the program/class.
Subject to change through a resolution adopted by the Livonia Parks and Recreation Commission and/or Livonia City Council.
Refunds for instructional classes will be made only if a refund application is submitted. The Department reserves the right to cancel any activity based on insufficient enrollment or other conditions beyond our control. The following amounts will be issued if:
Refund for Classes / Camps / Special Events / Clinics
- Canceled by Department: Full Amount
- Customer Cancels:
- After second class - No Refund
- Before the second class - 50% of the class fee
- By 5 p.m. one week prior - Less $10 processing fee
Refunds require three to four weeks to process. Refunds for annual passes will be made only in extraordinary circumstances upon written request. Transaction fees for online transactions cannot be refunded for any reason. No refunds on material fees, T-ball/coach pitch or girl's softball.
PROGRAM / CLASS VIEWING
To assist our instructors in providing an optimum learning experience for your child, we ask that you refrain from entering the teaching area. This helps eliminate distractions for both the instructor and student. Space permitting, parents may be invited to view their children's progress at specified times. Seating areas are available while your child is in a program/class. Your understanding is appreciated.
ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF RISK
We want the registrants in our programs to be aware that when they participate in certain activities, there is a natural element of risk of injury which each participant must assume. As a loss prevention measure and risk management standard, participants are required to sign an Acknowledgment of Risk form for certain classes and activities. If a participant is under 18 years of age, the signature of a parent or legal guardian is necessary. It is recommended that participants in program/classes involving strenuous activity consult with their physician prior to the start of their program/class.
Photographs, digital images, or videotape of program participants and spectators taken by department representatives may be used for future promotional or marketing material. Cameras, cell phones or any other devices capable of taking still and/or video pictures are prohibited from being used in the Kirksey Recreation Center locker rooms, family changing room or restrooms. Thank you for your cooperation.
For most program/classes, age requirements will be as of the date of the first class, unless noted. Age requirements are established for the benefit of the student and instructor as well as for safety. Please verify that your child is within the specified guidelines.
KIRKSEY RECREATION CENTER Membership Update
Executive Order 2020-176 allowed indoor Fitness Centers, Indoor Pools, and gymnasiums to open on Wednesday, Sept. 9, 2020.
All Kirksey Recreation Center memberships have been extended for the duration of the closure. If you have paid in full for the year in advance, your expiration date has been extended. If you were paying via EFT on a monthly basis, your payment was stopped during the closure. Because the March 2020 payments had already been drafted when the Rec Center was closed, payments began again in October 2020.