Kirksey Recreation Center
MDHHS Epidemic order
Due to the March 2 MDHHS Epidemic Order, some activities are modified. Most activities are open with requirements to wear facial coverings and maintain six feet of social distancing. The following features have further restrictions:
- Lap pool is by reservation during peak hours (unavailable 3-6:30 p.m. Mon-Fri. and 10 a.m. to noon Sat. due to swim team practice).
- Leisure pool water features and slide are closed. The main pool, hot tub spa and lazy river are all open.
- Locker room saunas are limited to three people at a time.
- Table games are now open.
- Tree Fort is closed.
- Indoor rentals are not yet being accepted at Kirksey Recreation Center, Greenmead Historical Park or Civic Park Senior Center.
Become a part of the Jack E. Kirksey Recreation Center experience today! Take advantage of our many membership options to accommodate all ages and lifestyle needs.
For an up to date look at our latest classes and programs, check out our L Magazine for class dates, times and fees or call us at (734) 466-2900. Also, check out our Events Calendar for upcoming events, special announcements, and holiday family fun!
CLASS REGISTRATION INFORMATION
The Jack E. Kirksey Recreation Center offers class sessions. Please note the registration start dates are based on your membership or resident status. They begin at 6 a.m. on the listed date.
EASY WAYS TO REGISTER
WALK IT IN
Register in person! The Kirksey Recreation Center is located at 15100 Hubbard (Five Mile and Hubbard).
Recreation Center Regular Hours: (Day after Labor Day through May 31)
- Monday through Friday: 5 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Saturday: 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Sunday: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Recreation Center Summer Hours: (June 1 through Labor Day)
- Monday through Friday: 5 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Saturday: 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Sunday: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Registration is taken on a first come first serve basis.
- Registrations will be accepted until the program/class is full or until the week prior to the start of the program/class.
Subject to change through a resolution adopted by the Livonia Parks and Recreation Commission and/or Livonia City Council.
Refunds for instructional classes will be made only if a refund application is submitted. The Department reserves the right to cancel any activity based on insufficient enrollment or other conditions beyond our control. The following amounts will be issued if:
Refund for Classes / Camps / Special Events / Clinics
- Canceled by Department: Full Amount
- Customer Cancels:
- After second class - No Refund
- Before the second class - 50% of the class fee
- By 5 p.m. one week prior - Less $10 processing fee
Refunds require three to four weeks to process. Refunds for annual passes will be made only in extraordinary circumstances upon written request. Transaction fees for online transactions cannot be refunded for any reason. No refunds on material fees, T-ball/coach pitch or girl's softball.
PROGRAM / CLASS VIEWING
To assist our instructors in providing an optimum learning experience for your child, we ask that you refrain from entering the teaching area. This helps eliminate distractions for both the instructor and student. Space permitting, parents may be invited to view their children's progress at specified times. Seating areas are available while your child is in a program/class. Your understanding is appreciated.
ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF RISK
We want the registrants in our programs to be aware that when they participate in certain activities, there is a natural element of risk of injury which each participant must assume. As a loss prevention measure and risk management standard, participants are required to sign an Acknowledgment of Risk form for certain classes and activities. If a participant is under 18 years of age, the signature of a parent or legal guardian is necessary. It is recommended that participants in program/classes involving strenuous activity consult with their physician prior to the start of their program/class.
Photographs, digital images, or videotape of program participants and spectators taken by department representatives may be used for future promotional or marketing material. Cameras, cell phones or any other devices capable of taking still and/or video pictures are prohibited from being used in the Kirksey Recreation Center locker rooms, family changing room or restrooms. Thank you for your cooperation.
For most program/classes, age requirements will be as of the date of the first class, unless noted. Age requirements are established for the benefit of the student and instructor as well as for safety. Please verify that your child is within the specified guidelines.