Study Meeting of the Council of the City of Livonia
Monday, January 25, 2021
* Due to COVID-19, Livonia City Council meetings will not be held in the City Hall Auditorium
Live broadcast: AT&T Uverse Channel 99 / Spectrum Channel 203 /
WOW Channel 10 / YouTube.com/LivoniaTV
or phone at (312) 626-6799, ID: 822 419 226
To participate, use the ‘Raise Hand’ button on Zoom
or press *9 on your phone to be called on
1) REQUEST TO WAIVE THE SIDEWALK REQUIREMENT: Ronald Emling, re: for the industrial
building to be constructed at 34422 Rosati Drive.
2) REQUEST TO WAIVE THE CITY’S NOISE ORDINANCE: Victoria and Denise Gorans, re: to host
a country music performance with sound system in the back yard of their home located at 32915
Illinois Street, on Friday, April 30, 2021 from 6:30 p.m. to approximately 7:45 p.m.
3) REQUEST TO WAIVE THE FORMAL BIDDING PROCESS AND ENTER INTO A THREE YEAR
AGREEMENT WITH ARX INC.: Division of Police, re: to provide an updated, accurate data
dashboard to work in conjunction with CLEMIS, from budgeted funds.
4) REQUEST TO WAIVE THE FORMAL BIDDING PROCESS AND AUTHORIZE PURCHASE OF
TRUNARC THERMO SCIENTIFIC CHEMICAL ANALYZER: Division of Police, re: to replace
outdated narcotic field test pouches, from budgeted funds.
5) REQUEST TO EXECUTE 2021 AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE CITY OF LIVONIA AND THE
SUBURBAN MOBILITY AUTHORITY FOR REGIONAL TRANSPORTATION (SMART): Livonia
Housing Commission, re: to allow Livonia Community Transit Program to receive the Municipal
and Community Credits in the amount of $95,342.00.
6) REQUEST TO EXECUTE CORONAVIRUS AID, RELIEF, AND ECONOMIC SECURITY ACT
FUNDING AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE CITY OF LIVONIA AND THE SUBURBAN MOBILITY
AUTHORITY FOR REGIONAL TRANSPORTATION (SMART): Livonia Housing Commission, re:
to allow Livonia Community Transit Program to receive the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic
Security Act grant in the amount of $75,270.00.
7) REQUEST TO AUTHORIZE ADDITIONAL APPROPRIATION AND EXPENDITURE: Department
of Public Works, re: to perform preventative maintenance along with emergency repairs of the
sanitary sewer system, for an additional $650,000 and increase the not to exceed amount to
$1,000,000. (CR 407-17)
8) REQUEST TO APPROVE FUNDING FOR PHASE I OF THE ENGINEERING DESIGN AND
CONTRACTOR BIDDING PROCESS: Department of Public Works, re: to facilitate the project of
installing a Pressure Reducing Valve on a 12-inch water main at Eight Mile and Ellen Drive in the
amount of $32,100.00. (CR 365-16)
9) AWARD OF BID: Public Service Division, re: for Aggregates (road gravel, slag and stone) for the
City’s 2021 calendar year requirements, from budgeted funds.
10) AWARD OF BID: Public Service Division, re: for fleet maintenance garage electrical system
removal and replacement, from budgeted funds.
11) REQUEST TO APPROVE ANNUAL RENEWAL OF SOFTWARE LICENSING AND
MAINTENANCE FROM SOLE SOURCE PROVIDER: Public Service Division, re: with Azteca
Systems LLC for the DPW work management system for the period of March 1, 2021 through
February 28, 2022, includes Cityworks Online, from budgeted funds.
12) REQUEST FOR AUTHORIZATION TO PURCHASE FIVE (5) EXMARK LAZER S-SERIES 749
MOWERS THROUGH THE SOURCEWELL AND STATE OF MICHIGAN BID PROCESS; Public
Service Division, re: from budgeted funds.
13) REQUEST FOR AUTHORIZATION TO PURCHASE FIVE (5) JOHN DEERE TURF VEHICLES
WITH UTILITY ATTACHMENTS THROUGH THE STATE OF MICHIGAN BID PROCESS: Public
Service Division, re: for park maintenance equipment, from budgeted funds.
14) REQUEST FOR COUNCIL TO SET A DATE FOR THE PURPOSE OF ADOPTING A
RESOLUTION PLACING SPECIAL ASSESSMENTS UPON REFERENCED PROPERTIES
WHOSE OWNERS HAVE NOT PAID CHARGES CONNECTED WITH THE 2020 SIDEWALK
PROGRAM, CONTRACT 20-G, SINGLE LOT ASSESSMENTS: Engineering Division, re: same.
15) REQUEST TO ENTER INTO A DEVELOPMENT AGREEMENT WITH LIVONIA WEST
COMMERCE CENTER 2, LLC: Department of Planning, re: for providing certain terms and
conditions on the re-use and maintenance of 12950 Eckles Road, pursuant to authorization
established by Revitalizing Auto Communities Environmental Response (RACER) Trust under a
Settlement Agreement in U.S. Bankruptcy Court. (CR 379-20)
For the 1914th Regular Meeting of February 8, 2021
SUSAN M. NASH, CITY CLERK
In accordance with Title II of the American with Disabilities Act as it pertains to access to Public Meetings, the
City Clerk’s Office of the City of Livonia, upon adequate notice, will make reasonable accommodations for
persons with special needs. Please call (734) 466-2236 or email email@example.com if you need assistance. Council
agendas are available on the City’s website – www.livonia.gov - under Government, City Council,