1919th Regular Meeting of the Council of the City of Livonia
Monday, April 26, 2021
* Due to COVID-19, Livonia City Council meetings will not be held in the City Hall Auditorium Live broadcast: AT&T Uverse Channel 99 / Spectrum Channel 203 / WOW Channel 10 / YouTube.com/LivoniaTV Connect on Zoom: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/822419226 or phone at (312) 626-6799, ID: 822 419 226 To participate, use the ‘Raise Hand’ button on Zoom or press *9 on your phone to be called on
CALL TO ORDER
INVOCATION/PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
PRESENTATION OF MINUTES
Minutes Of The 1918th Regular Meeting Of April 12, 2021
REPORTS FROM THE MAYOR AND OTHER CITY OFFICIALS
a. Communication from the Department of Finance, dated March 29, 2021, re: forwarding various financial statements of the City of Livonia for the month ending December 31, 2020.
b. Communication from the Department of Finance, dated March 30, 2021, re: forwarding various financial statements of the City of Livonia for the month ending January 31, 2021.
1. BLOCK PARTY: Holly Malewski, re: to be held Friday, July 23, 2021, from 4:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. on Marsha Street, between Houghton Drive and 16217 Marsha Street, with a rain date of Friday, July 30, 2021.
2. REQUEST TO WAIVE THE FORMAL BIDDING PROCESS AND AUTHORIZE PURCHASE OF BRYX STATION ALERTING SYSTEM: Livonia Fire & Rescue, re: to provide a cutting-edge technological enhancement in the delivery of dispatch information by automating the dispatch process, from budgeted funds.
3. REQUEST TO RENEW SOFTWARE MAINTENANCE AGREEMENT WITH SOLE SOURCE PROVIDER: Department of Information Systems, re: with ESRI, Inc., for the City's Geographic Information System (GIS) for a period of one year, from budgeted funds.
4. REQUEST TO WAIVE THE FORMAL BIDDING PROCESS AND AUTHORIZE PURCHASE OF FURNITURE: Livonia Public Library, re: to replace furniture at the Bennett Civic Center Library, from budgeted funds.
5. REQUEST TO EXTEND CONTRACT WITH CRIMBOLI NURSERY: Public Service Division, re: for the planting of 500 Right-of-Way and 100 Park trees, utilizing 2020 pricing, with a one-year extension, from budgeted funds (CR 54-20).
6. REQUEST FOR AUTHORIZATION TO PURCHASE ONE (1) 10-PASSENGER TRANSIT VAN UTILIZING THE STATE OF MICHIGAN AND MACOMB COUNTY CONSORTIUM BID PRICING: Public Service Division, re: to replace a current van, from budgeted funds.
7. REQUEST FOR AUTHORIZATION TO PURCHASE TWO (2) TRAILER MOUNTED LEAF VACUUMS THROUGH THE MI DEAL STATE BID PROCESS: Public Service Division, re: to replace two current units, from budgeted funds.
8. REQUEST FOR AUTHORIZATION TO PURCHASE TWO (2) 15" DRUM STYLE BRUSH CHIPPERS THROUGH THE STATE OF MICHIGAN BID PROCESS: Public Service Division, re: to be used by the Roads department, from funds budgeted in the 2020-2021 Refuse Fund.
9. REQUEST FOR AUTHORIZATION TO PURCHASE ONE (1) TRAILER MOUNTED ASPHALT HOTBOX THROUGH THE NATIONAL COOPERATIVE PURCHASE ALLIANCE: Public Service Division, re: for use by the Roads Department, from budgeted funds.
10. REQUEST TO EXTEND CONTRACT WITH ETNA SUPPLY COMPANY, THE SOLE SOURCE PROVIDER OF SENSUS METERS IN MICHIGAN: Public Service Division, re: for water meters and supplies in an amount not to exceed $1,500,000.00 annually, for a two-year extension. (CR 90-16)
11. REQUEST FOR ADDITIONAL EXPENDITURE: Engineering Division, re: for the installation of a traffic signal mast arm and the signal work at the intersection of Highway Old M-14 (Plymouth Road) and Tech Center Drive (CR 335-19)
12. REQUEST TO WAIVE THE FORMAL BIDDING PROCESS AND AUTHORIZATION FOR APPROPRIATION AND EXPENDITURE: Engineering Division, re: for the 2021 Livonia DPW Parking Lot Improvement Project, as part of the City's long-term program to fix safety issues in existing parking lots utilizing pricing established with
the award of Contract 21-A to Nagle Paving Company, Inc. from budgeted funds.
13. SITE PLAN PETITION: Planning Commission, re: Petition 2021-02-08-02 submitted by Quatro Construction L.L.C., in connection with a proposal to remodel the exterior of the commercial strip center (Plymouth Shoppes) located on the south side of Plymouth Road between Garden Avenue and Middlebelt Road (29195 through 29215 Plymouth Road), in the Northwest ¼ of Section 36.
UNFINISHED BUSINESS - MEETINGS OF THE COMMITTEE
14. COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE - Meeting of April 5, 2021
a. Subject matter to discuss bond issues and financing in connection with the Livonia Public Schools. (CR 75-21)
15. PROPOSED AMENDMENT TO THE LIVONIA CODE OF ORDINANCES, AS AMENDED: Department of Law, re: to amend Section 350 of Title 6, Chapter 1 (Animals). (CR 43-21)
16. PROPOSED AMENDMENT TO THE LIVONIA CODE OF ORDINANCES, AS AMENDED: Department of Law, re: to amend Sections 040L, 040M and 400 of Title 6, Chapter 1 (Animals) of the Livonia Code of Ordinances, as Amended, and Section 110 of Title 12, Chapter 20 (Public Lands). (CR 03-21)
17. PROPOSED AMENDMENT TO THE LIVONIA CODE OF ORDINANCES, AS AMENDED: Department of Law, re: Petition 2021-01-03-01 submitted by Anderson, Eckstein & Westrick, Inc., on behalf of Botsford General Hospital, request to determine whether or not to vacate an existing public utility easement at 39000 Seven Mile Road, located on the north side of Seven Mile Road between the I-275/96 Expressway and Haggerty Road in the Southwest ¼ of Section 6. (CR 85-21)
18. ROLL CALL: Proposed Amendment to Zoning Ordinance No. 543, as amended: Department of Law, re: Petition 2020-08-01-05, submitted by Infinity Homes and Company, requesting to rezone the property at 28400 West Chicago Avenue (former Wilson Elementary School site) located on the north side of West Chicago Avenue between Harrison and Middlebelt Roads in the Northwest ¼ of Section 36 from PL (Public Lands) to R-1 (One Family Residential).
First Reading given by Council Member Rob Donovic on Wednesday, December 2,
19. AWARD OF BID: Communication Department and Department of Community Resources, re: for L Magazine agreement for Fall 2021 through Spring/Summer 2023, from budgeted funds.
New Data Item 19: Print samples from bidders
20. REQUEST TO AMEND COUNCIL RESOLUTION NO. 358-20: Engineering Division, re: for the additions of streets or portions thereof, missing from our local street system for the 2021 ACT 51 computations.
21. WAIVER PETITION: Planning Commission, re: Petition 2021-02-02-03 submitted by Infinity Homes and Company, requesting approval to develop a Planned Residential Development under the Single-Family Clustering option (Emerson Oaks), consisting of thirty-five (35) site condominium lots, on the property located
on the north side of West Chicago Avenue between Harrison and Middlebelt Roads (28400 West Chicago Avenue, former Wilson Elementary School site) in the Northwest ¼ of Section 36.
New Data Item 21: Letter of clarification from Petitioner
22. SITE PLAN PETITION: Planning Commission, re: Petition 2021-02-08-01 submitted by Gargaro Construction, to remodel the exterior of the commercial strip center on property located on the south side of Seven Mile Road between Farmington Road and Myron Avenue (33527, 33529 and 33535 Seven Mile Road), in the Northeast ¼
of Section 9.
23. PROPOSED ORDINANCE TO (1) PROVIDE FOR THE ACQUISITION AND CONSTRUCTION OF ADDITIONS, EXTENSIONS AND IMPROVEMENTS TO THE WATER SUPPLY AND WASTEWATER SYSTEM OF THE CITY OF LIVONIA; AND (2) TO PROVIDE FOR THE ISSUANCE AND SALE OF $6,000,000.00 OF REVENUE BONDS, SERIES 2021 TO PAY THE COST THEREOF: Department of Finance, re: for the (DWSRF) Drinking Water State Revolving Fund. (CR 37-20)
24. AWARD OF CONTRACT AND REQUEST TO AUTHORIZE AN ADDITIONAL APPROPRIATION AND EXPENDITURE: Engineering Division, re: for Water Main Improvements which are part of DWSRF Project No. 7453-01, Project Areas 4, 5, and 6 with $4,306,308.00 to be reimbursed by the proceeds of the Drinking Water Revolving Fund Revenue Bonds. (CR 338-20 and CR 101-21)
SUSAN M. NASH, CITY CLERK
In accordance with Title II of the American with Disabilities Act as it pertains to access to Public Meetings, the City Clerk’s Office of the City of Livonia, upon adequate notice, will make reasonable accommodations for persons with special needs. Please call (734) 466-2236 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance. Council agendas are available on the City’s website – www.livonia.gov - under Government, City Council, Agendas.