Study Meeting of the Council of the City of Livonia
Monday, June 14, 2021
8:00 p.m. - City Hall Auditorium
33000 Civic Center Drive
1. REQUEST TO WAIVE THE CITY'S NOISE ORDINANCE: Dan West, President, Livonia Chamber of Commerce, re: to host a gathering with live music at Ford Field, 33841 Lyndon, on Friday, July 30, 2021 from 7:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
2. REQUEST TO WAIVE THE CITY’S NOISE ORDINANCE: James McGartland, Owner, Sports Locker Bar & Grill, re: to host a three (3) day event with live music in parking lot of business located at 30375 Plymouth Road on Friday, August 6, 2021 from 5:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m., Saturday, August 7, 2021 from 2:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. and Sunday, August 8, 2021 from 2:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
3. REQUEST TO WAIVE THE CITY’S NOISE ORDINANCE: Heather McGlaughlin, Project Manager, Loud and Live, re: to host the Hot Wheels Legends Tour event with live music in parking lot of Walmart Supercenter, located at 29555 Plymouth Road on Saturday, August 7, 2021 from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
4. BLOCK PARTY: Ray Franges, Jim and Linda Rumrill, and Ed and Ari Wilson, re: to be held Saturday, August 21, 2021, from 12:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. on Brentwood Street, between Meadowlark Street and Jaquelyn Drive, with rain date of Sunday, August 22, 2021.
5. REQUEST FOR AUTHORIZATION TO WAIVE THE SEALED BID PROCESS AND PURCHASE FROM SOLE SOURCE PROVIDER: Division of Police, re: to replace the current Universal Power Supply Unit (UPS), from budgeted funds.
6. REQUEST TO UTILIZE THE GREENMEAD PROPERTY FOR THE 172nd, 173rd and 174th ANNUAL HIGHLAND GAMES: Department of Parks and Recreation and the St. Andrew's Society of Detroit, re: for the proposed game days of August 6-7, 2021, August 5-6, 2022 and August 4-5, 2023.
7. REQUEST TO EXECUTE THE AMENDED TWO-YEAR CONTRACT BETWEEN THE CITY OF LIVONIA AND THE COUNTY OF WAYNE FOR HOUSING REHABILITATION PROGRAM FUNDING AND HOMEBUYER ASSISTANCE FUNDING; AND REQUEST TO AUTHORIZE THE DIRECTOR OF HOUSING TO APPROVE THE 2022 THROUGH 2024 HOME CONTRACT FUNDING: Livonia Housing Commission, re: to extend the City's participation in the Wayne County Home Investment Partnership Consortia from July 1, 2021 through June 30, 2024, with an average annual allocation of $100,000.00 to the City of Livonia. (CR 316-20, 168-18, CR 08-15, CR 397-12, CR 323-12, CR 196-11, and CR 213-09)
8. REQUEST FOR APPROVAL TO AMEND THE 2016-2021 CONSOLIDATION PLAN AND 2019-2020 ANNUAL ACTION PLAN: Livonia Housing Commission, re: to allocate CARES Act Funding to the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) to include activities that prevent and respond to the spread of infectious diseases such as the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). (CR 140-20, CR 178-19 and 181-16)
9. REQUEST TO APPROVE SALARY AND FRINGE BENEFIT ADJUSTMENTS FOR THE CLASSIFICATION OF POLICE CHIEF AND DEPUTY POLICE CHIEF: Civil Service Division, re: for the period of December 1, 2020 through November 30, 2023.
10. REQUEST TO APPROVE INCREASE IN COMPENSATION FOR THE DIRECTOR OF EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS: Department of Civil Service, re: to be in the same compensation range as the Senior Police Sergeant.
11. WAIVER PETITION: Planning Commission, re: Petition 2020-11-02-10 submitted by LS Equity L.L.C., to revise the plans approved by City Council on January 13, 2021 (CR 14-21) for proposed re-development of the commercial shopping center (Shoppes of Livonia), including demolishing a portion of the existing building, constructing a full-service restaurant with drive-thru facilities (Chick-fil-A), constructing an addition and renovating the exterior façade of the existing building, and constructing a multi-tenant retail building with drive-thru facilities, on property located on the north side of Plymouth Road between Haller Avenue and Middlebelt Road (29250-29350 Plymouth Road) in the Southwest ¼ of Section 25.
12. WAIVER PETITION: Planning Commission, re: Petition 2021-03-02-06 submitted by Tiseo Architects, Inc., to construct a freestanding building with drive-thru facilities and add drive-up window facilities to the southern end unit of the shopping center on property located on the west side of Middlebelt Road between Clarita Avenue and Seven Mile Road (19043 thru 19053 Middlebelt Road and 29475 thru 29493 Seven Mile Road) in the Northeast ¼ of Section 11.
NEW DATA ITEM 12 - Photos submitted by Petitioner for Council review
For the 1923rd Regular Meeting of June 28, 2021
SUSAN M. NASH, CITY CLERK
In accordance with Title II of the American with Disabilities Act as it pertains to access to Public Meetings, the City Clerk’s Office of the City of Livonia, upon adequate notice, will make reasonable accommodations for persons with special needs. Please call (734) 466-2236 or email email@example.com if you need assistance. Council agendas are available on the City’s website – www.livonia.gov - under Government, City Council, Agendas