1936th Regular Meeting of the Council of the City of Livonia
Wednesday, January 19, 2022
7:00 p.m. – City Hall Auditorium
33000 Civic Center Drive Livonia, Michigan
CALL TO ORDER
INVOCATION/PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
PRESENTATION OF MINUTES - Minutes of the 1935th Regular Meeting of December 13, 2021
REPORTS FROM THE MAYOR AND OTHER CITY OFFICIALS
a. Communication from the Office of the Mayor, dated January 6, 2022, re: forwarding the Annual report for the Fiscal Year 2020-2021, which reflects the finances and administrative activities in the City.
b. TAX RATE REQUEST FOR THE WAYNE COUNTY ZOOLOGICAL AUTHORITY FOR THE YEAR 2021: Office of the City Clerk, re: to set the rate of tax to be levied and requesting that it be collected as a winter tax.
c. TAX RATE REQUEST FOR THE WAYNE COUNTY ART INSTITUTE AUTHORITY FOR THE YEAR 2021: Office of the City Clerk, re: to set the rate of tax to be levied and requesting that it be collected as a winter tax.
d. TAX RATE REQUEST FOR HURON CLINTON METROPOLITAN AUTHORITY FOR THE YEAR 2021: Office of the City Clerk, re: to set the rate of tax to be levied and requesting that it be collected as a winter tax.
1. REQUEST TO EXTEND CONTRACT WITH LIVONIA TOWING: Division of Police, re: on a month-to-month basis, to allow time to prepare and complete a competitive bidding process for these services. (CR 161-21).
2. REQUEST TO APPROVE LOCATION AND SCHEDULE OF DATES AND TIMES FOR THE 2022 BOARD OF REVIEW MEETINGS, AS WELL AS COMPENSATION RATES FOR MEMBERS: Department of Assessment, re: per the requirements of State of Michigan Statute MCL 211.30.
3. REQUEST FOR AUTHORIZATION TO WAIVE THE SEALED BID PROCESS AND PURCHASE RAINBIRD VARIABLE SPEED PUMP STATION FROM SOLE AUTHORIZED DEALER: Department of Parks and Recreation; re: for replacement of Fox Creek Pump Station.
4. AWARD OF CONTRACT: Department of Parks and Recreation; re: for Senior Fitness Passport memberships to the Jack E. Kirksey Recreation Center.
5. REQUEST TO WAIVE THE FORMAL BIDDING PROCESS AND APPROVE CONTRACT WITH ALLIED, INC.: Department of Public Works: re: to perform the replacement of the hydraulic power unit for Hoists #1 and #2 in the fleet maintenance garage.
UNFINISHED BUSINESS - MEETINGS OF THE COMMITTEE
6. COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE – Meeting of January 5, 2022
a. The establishment of Council Committees, representatives on various Boards and Committees, the Parliamentarian, and any other business that would come before the Committee with regard to this subject. (CR 498-05)
7. WAIVER PETITION: Planning Commission, re: Petition 2021-10-02-22, submitted by Century 21 ROW, requesting to construct and operate a vehicle tow yard (Excellerated Towing & Recovery) at 34437 Rosati Avenue, located on the west side of Stark Road just south of the CSX Railroad in the Southwest ¼ of Section 28.
8. REQUEST TO APPROVE SALARY AND FRINGE BENEFIT ADJUSTMENTS FOR THE CLASSIFICATION OF FIRE CHIEF AND DEPUTY FIRE CHIEF: Civil Service Division, re: for the period of December 1, 2021 through November 30, 2024.
NEW DATA ITEM 8 - Police and Fire Chief Salaries
9. REQUEST TO APPROVE INCREASE IN COMPENSATION FOR DIRECTOR OF HOUSING: Livonia Housing Commission, re: to align the compensation range as other Housing Directors in comparable communities.
NEW DATA ITEM 9 - Wage Rate Schedule and Vehicle Status
10. REQUEST TO CONSIDER NAMING THE DOG PARK AT BICENTENNIAL PARK AS SUPER'S DOG PARK: Department of Parks and Recreation; re: in honor of Super Celani.
SUSAN M. NASH, CITY CLERK
In accordance with Title II of the American with Disabilities Act as it pertains to access to Public Meetings, the City Clerk’s Office of the City of Livonia, upon adequate notice, will make reasonable accommodations for persons with special needs. Please call (734) 466-2236 or email email@example.com if you need assistance. Council agendas are available on the City’s website – www.livonia.gov - under Government, City Council, Agendas.