1950th Regular Meeting of the Council of the City of Livonia
Monday, August 8, 2022
7:00 p.m. – City Hall Auditorium
33000 Civic Center Drive
CALL TO ORDER
INVOCATION/PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
PRESENTATION OF MINUTES - 1949th Regular Meeting Minutes of July 25, 2022
REPORTS FROM THE MAYOR AND OTHER CITY OFFICIALS
a. Communication from Jeffrey Bunker, Clarenceville School District, dated May 20, 2022, requesting the City to continue to collect district's taxes for the year 2022.
b. Communication from Lynda S. Jackson, Secretary, Wayne RESA, dated June 15, 2022, requesting the City continue to collect taxes for the year of 2022.
c. Communication from Pamela Lane, Clerk, Charter County of Wayne, dated June 7, 2022, requesting the City continue to collect taxes for the year 2022.
d. Communication from Karen Bradford, Livonia Public Schools School District, dated June 13, 2022, requesting the City to continue to collect district's taxes for the year 2022.
e. Communication from Barb DeMarco, Oakland Schools ISD, dated June 6, 2022, requesting the City to continue to collect district's taxes for the year 2022.
f. Communication from Brian D. Broderick, Schoolcraft College, dated May 25, 2022, requesting the City to continue to collect district's taxes for the year 2022.
g. Communication from Jeremy Curtis, Plymouth Road Development Authority, dated May 24, 2022, requesting the City to continue to collect district's taxes for the year 2022.
h. Communication from Rachael Eubanks, State of Michigan Department of Treasury, dated April 1, 2022, requesting the City to continue to collect the State Education Tax for the year 2022.
1. REQUEST TO WAIVE THE CITY'S NOISE ORDINANCE: Dan West, President, Livonia Chamber of Commerce, re: to host a gathering with live music at Ford Field, 33841 Lyndon, on Saturday, September 17, 2022, from 6:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
2. REQUEST TO WAIVE THE CITY’S NOISE ORDINANCE: Nick Cornell, General Manager, Supernatural Spirits and Brewing LLC, re: to host the Wildwood Sour Fest event on Saturday, August 27, 2022, from 3:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. with live music and DJs on property located at 36685 Plymouth Road.
3. REQUEST FOR AUTHORIZATION TO SELL CITY-OWNED SCATTERED SITE HOUSING PROPERTY ACQUIRED FROM THE FEDERAL COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT BLOCK GRANT (CDBG) PROGRAM: Livonia Housing Commission, re: for the home located at 20222 St. Francis, 48152 to Margaret Schmidt for a sale price of $150,500.00.
4. REQUEST FOR APPROVAL OF THE 2023 CDBG ANNUAL ACTION PLAN: 2022-2023 COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT BLOCK GRANT (CDBG) ANNUAL PLAN AND BUDGET; AND REQUEST TO APPROVE HOLD HARMLESS CONTRACTS BETWEEN THE CITY OF LIVONIA AND FIRST STEP, FAIR HOUSING CENTER OF METROPOLITAN DETROIT, WAYNE METROPOLITAN COMMUNITY ACTION AGENCY, CRUZ CLINIC, HEGIRA PROGRAMS, INC., STONEBROOK COUNSELING ASSOCIATES, PLCC, AND THE COLLABORATIVE HEALTH CENTER: Livonia Housing Commission, re: in connection with the operation of a domestic violence victim assistance program; for the purpose of providing fair housing; and for the mental health counseling program provided for through the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) programs for the 2022-2023 program year.
5. AWARD OF BID: Department of Parks and Recreation, re: for backstop replacement and player fencing installations at Devonaire Park Diamond #2, from budgeted funds
6. AWARD OF BID: Department of Parks and Recreation, re: Gutter installation on Newburgh Church, Shaw House and Kingsley House at Greenmead Historical Park, from the Historical Trust Fund.
7. REQUEST TO WAIVE THE SEALED BID PROCESS AND PURCHASE FROM SOLE SOURCE PROVIDER: Department of Public Works, re: for the replacement of the Carl Sandburg Library HVAC chiller unit, from budgeted funds.
8. REQUEST TO AUTHORIZE ADDITIONAL EXPENDITURE: Department of Public Works, re: for the additional scope of work for the Seven Mile Road Water Main Replacement Project, from budgeted funds.
9. REQUEST TO AUTHORIZE ADDITIONAL EXPENDITURE: Department of Public Works, re: for preventative maintenance of the sanitary sewer system at the northwest quadrant of Section 34 for an additional $1,000,000, from the Water and Sewer Fund.
10. REQUEST TO AMEND THE CONTRACT WITH SPALDING DEDECKER FOR PROFESSIONAL ENGINEERING SERVICES FOR THE SIDEWALK REPLACEMENT LOCATION ASSESSMENTS, SECTIONS 1-12; Engineering Division, re: for same (CR 336-21)
11. PROPOSED AMENDMENT TO THE LIVONIA CODE OF ORDINANCES, AS AMENDED: Department of Law, re: to add Chapter 01 to Title 11 (Display of Flag on City Property).
12. WAIVER PETITION: Appeal of the denial of the Planning Commission regarding Petition 2022-03-02-10 submitted by Excellerated Towing & Recovery requesting waiver use approval to operate a vehicle tow yard at 12780 Wayne Road, located on the east side of Wayne Road just south of Schoolcraft Road in the Northwest ¼ of Section 28.
Public Hearing held on Monday, July 18, 2022
13. REQUEST TO AUTHORIZE APPROPRIATION AND EXPENDITURE: Department of Public Works, re: for the emergency repairs at the City fueling sites, from budgeted funds.
SUSAN M. NASH, CITY CLERK
In accordance with Title II of the American with Disabilities Act as it pertains to access to Public Meetings, the City Clerk’s Office of the City of Livonia, upon adequate notice, will make reasonable accommodations for persons with special needs. Please call (734) 466-2236 or email email@example.com if you need assistance. Council agendas are available on the City’s website – www.livonia.gov - under Government, City Council, Agendas.