1960th Regular Meeting Agenda of the Council of the City of Livonia
Wednesday, January 18, 2023
7:00 p.m. – City Hall Auditorium
33000 Civic Center Drive
CALL TO ORDER
INVOCATION/PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
PRESENTATION OF MINUTES - Regular Meeting Minutes of December 14, 2022
REPORTS FROM THE MAYOR AND OTHER CITY OFFICIALS
1. REQUEST FOR DESIGNATION AS A NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATION: Andrea Smith, Treasurer of Gridiron Cru Club, Inc., re: as required by the State of Michigan to obtain a Charitable Gaming License to allow raffle fundraisers in the future.
2. REAPPOINTMENT OF ANDREW LENDRUM TO THE LIVONIA BROWNFIELD REDEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY: Office of the Mayor; re: for a three-year term, which will expire on November 24, 2025.
3. REQUEST FOR AUTHORIZATION TO WAIVE THE SEALED BID PROCESS AND PURCHASE FROM SOLE SOURCE PROVIDER: Fire Department, re: to replace outdated or decertified equipment, and is a critical piece of life-saving equipment, from budgeted funds.
4. REQUEST FOR AUTHORIZATION TO WAIVE THE FORMAL BIDDING PROCESS AND ENTER INTO A FIVE-YEAR MAINTENANCE AGREEMENT WITH SOLE SOURCE PROVIDER: Division of Police, re: for the replacement of the public safety audio recording system, from budgeted funds.
5. REQUEST FOR AUTHORIZATION TO WAIVE THE FORMAL BIDDING PROCESS AND ENTER INTO A ONE-YEAR SERVICE AGREEMENT WITH SOLE SOURCE PROVIDER: Division of Police, re: for the professional constitutional policing and policy advising services of Brett M. Naumcheff, through the Michigan Police Legal Advisor Group, from budgeted funds.
6. REQUEST TO APPROVE LOCATION AND SCHEDULE OF DATES AND TIMES FOR THE 2023 BOARD OF REVIEW MEETINGS, AS WELL AS COMPENSATION RATES FOR MEMBERS: Department of Assessment, re: per the requirements of State of Michigan Statute MCL 211.30.
7. REQUEST FOR A RESOLUTION OF SUPPORT FOR A 2023 CLG GRANT APPLICATION TO THE MICHIGAN HISTORIC PRESERVATION OFFICE: Department of Parks and Recreation, re: for rehabilitation planning for the south barn at Greenmead Historical Park.
8. AWARD OF BID: Community Resources, re: for the replacement of the Cablecast server for an amount not to exceed $31,657.50, from budgeted funds.
9. REQUEST TO AMEND THE ENGINEERING CONTRACT WITH OHM ADVISORS: Department of Public Works, re: for the 8 Mile Pressure Reducing Valve project, from budgeted funds. (CR 326-22)
10. REQUEST FOR AUTHORIZATION TO PURCHASE ELEVEN (11) EXMARK LAZER S-SERIES 749 MOWERS THROUGH THE STATE OF MICHIGAN BID PROCESS; Public Works Division, re: to replace comparable units that have exceeded their life expectancy, from budgeted funds.
11. REQUEST FOR AUTHORIZATION TO PURCHASE ONE (1) TRAILER MOUNTED ASPHALT HOTBOX THROUGH THE NATIONAL COOPERATIVE PURCHASE ALLIANCE: Public Works Division, re: for use by the Roads Department, from budgeted funds.
12. REQUEST FOR AUTHORIZATION TO PURCHASE ONE (1) CAT 420XE TRACTOR BACKHOE THROUGH THE SOURCEWELL CONTRACT (FORMERLY NJPA): Public Works Division, re: to be used by the Roads department, from budgeted funds.
13. REQUEST FOR AUTHORIZATION TO PURCHASE ONE (1) CAT 420XE TRACTOR BACKHOE THROUGH THE SOURCEWELL CONTRACT (FORMERLY NJPA): Public Works Division, re: to be used by the Water department, from budgeted funds.
14. AWARD OF BID: Public Works Division, re: for Aggregates (road gravel, slag and stone) for the City’s 2023 calendar year requirements, from budgeted funds.
15. AWARD OF BID: Public Works Division, re: for water main repair clamps for the City's 2023 calendar year requirements, from budgeted funds.
16. AWARD OF BID: Public Works Division, re: for Ready-Mix Concrete for the City's 2023 calendar year requirements, from budgeted funds.
17. AWARD OF BID: Public Works Division, re: for supplying the Road Maintenance Section with hot and cold Bituminous Materials for the period of September 1, 2022, through October 30, 2023.
18. AWARD OF BID: Public Works Division, re: for the 2023 Right-Of-Way Tree & Stump Removal program, from budgeted funds.
19. REQUEST TO ACCEPT STORM WATER FACILITIES MAINTENANCE AGREEMENT: Engineering Division, re: from Tooling & Equipment International Corporation in conjunction with the construction of a storm drain system that provides adequate drainage for the property developed on Tech Center Drive, north of Plymouth Road in the Southeast 1/4 of Section 26.
UNFINISHED BUSINESS – MEETINGS OF THE COMMITTEES
20. ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT, STRATEGIC PLANNING & TECHNOLOGY COMMITTEE MEETING OF JANUARY 4, 2023
a. The subject matter of a Master Plan for Greenmead Historical Park (CR 249-20)
21. COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE MEETING OF JANUARY 11, 2023
a. WAIVER PETITION: Planning Commission, re: Petition 2022-10-02-20 submitted by The Mannik & Smith Group, Inc. requesting to redevelop the site, including demolishing the existing commercial building and constructing a new automated auto wash facility (Clean Express), at 20330 & 20340 Farmington Road, located on the east side of Farmington Road between Norfolk Avenue and Eight Mile Road in the Northwest ¼ of Section 3.
b. REQUEST TO APPROVE ADJUSTMENTS IN SALARY AND BENEFITS FOR APPOINTED DEPARTMENT HEADS FOR THE PERIOD DECEMBER 1, 2022, THROUGH NOVEMBER 30, 2025: Mayor's Office, re same.
22. REQUEST TO REFER THE SUBJECT MATTER OF A BUDGET AMENDMENT FOR A VACANT POSITION TO THE FINANCE AND BUDGET COMMITTEE: Councilmember Scott Bahr, to discuss the removal of funding for the position.
X1. REQUEST TO APPROVE A SETTLEMENT: Department of Law, re: for Frederick R. Wheeler and Marilyn Wheeler v City of Livonia, Wayne County Circuit Court Case No. 15-009025-NZ.
SUSAN M. NASH, CITY CLERK
In accordance with Title II of the American with Disabilities Act as it pertains to access to Public Meetings, the City Clerk’s Office of the City of Livonia, upon adequate notice, will make reasonable accommodations for persons with special needs. Please call (734) 466-2236 or email email@example.com if you need assistance. Council agendas are available on the City’s website – www.livonia.gov - under Your Government, City Council, Agendas & Minutes.