1978th Regular Meeting Agenda of the Council of the City of Livonia
Monday, October 2, 2023
7:00 p.m. - City Hall Auditorium
33000 Civic Center Drive, Livonia, Michigan
CALL TO ORDER
INVOCATION/PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
PRESENTATION OF MINUTES - Regular Meeting Minutes of September 18, 2023
REPORTS FROM THE MAYOR AND OTHER CITY OFFICIALS
a. Communication from the Department of Finance, dated September 8, 2023, re: forwarding various financial statements of the City of Livonia for the month ending July 31, 2023.
b. Communication from the Department of Finance, dated September 8, 2023, re: forwarding the Departmental Purchases Report, for the month ending August 31, 2023.
1. AWARD OF CONTRACT: Livonia Housing Commission, re: for Livonia Transit software for a period of three years, from budgeted funds.
2. REQUEST FOR AUTHORIZATION TO SELL CITY-OWNED PROPERTIES AQUIRED FROM THE FEDERAL COMMUNITY BLOCK GRANT PROGRAM: Livonia Housing Commission, re: for the homes located at 35546 Orangelawn, 20120 Deering, 27545 Long, and vacant lot at 19731 Middlebelt.
3. APPEAL OF BUSINESS LICENSE DENIED BY THE DIVISION OF POLICE: Office of the City Clerk, re: submitted by James M. Kennedy, Jr., to obtain a Scavenger License.
4. APPLICATION FOR COMMERCIAL REHABILITATION EXEMPTION CERTIFICATE: CJK Investments, LLC on behalf of Ducati Detroit, re: for the property located at 19265 Victor Parkway, Livonia, MI 48152, to facilitate the redevelopment of this property. (Commercial Rehabilitation District #5)
Public Hearing held on September 13, 2023
5. WAIVER PETITION: Planning Commission, re: Petition 2023-05-02-04, submitted by The Axe Parlor, requesting waiver use approval to operate a Class C liquor license (sale of beer, wine and spirits for consumption on the premises) at 30959 Five Mile Road, located within the Livonia Plaza shopping center on the south side of Five Mile Road between Henry Ruff and Merriman Roads in the Northwest ¼ of Section 23.
6. WAIVER PETITION: Planning Commission, re: Petition 2023-06-02-06 submitted by Gerald Todd Clark on behalf of ServiceMaster, requesting to develop a Planned General Development, involving the conversion of an existing eight-story office building into climate-controlled self-storage and first-floor retail including residential and commercial restoration services, construction of drive-up self-storage units, and five (5) single-family residential lots, on the property at 29200 Vassar Avenue, located on the north side of Vassar Avenue between Parkville Avenue and Middlebelt Road in the Southwest ¼ of Section 1.
7. WAIVER PETITION: Planning Commission, re: Petition 2023-07-02-11, submitted by The Mannik & Smith Group, Inc. requesting waiver use approval to demolish an existing restaurant (Burger King) and construct a new automated car wash facility (Clean Express Auto Wash), at 34835 Plymouth Road, located on the south side of Plymouth Road between Stark and Wayne Roads in the Northwest ¼ of Section 33.
NEW DATA - UPDATED SITE PLANS RECEIVED FROM PETITIONER
8. WAIVER PETITION: Planning Commission, re: Appeal of the denial of the Petition 2023-07-02-10, submitted by Technical Group Inc., requesting waiver use approval under Section 6.51 of the Livonia Zoning Ordinance, as amended, to construct and operate a drive-thru coffee shop (Scooter’s Coffee) and convert the existing building on the property into an ice cream shop (Lickity Split) at 19100 Farmington Road, located on the southeast corner of Seven Mile and Farmington Roads in the Northwest 1/4 of Section 10. Denied by the City Planning Commission on August 29, 2023, and appealed at the Public Hearing held on September 13, 2023.
9. REZONE PETITION: Planning Commission, re: Petition 2022-12-01-02, submitted by the Basilica of St. Mary, requesting to rezone parts of the properties at 18100 Merriman Road and 30600 Brookview Drive, located on the east side of Merriman Road between Mayville Drive and Seven Mile Road in the Northwest ¼ of Section 11, from P-L (Public Lands) to N2 (Neighborhood).
Public Hearing held on September 13, 2023.
10. BLOCK PARTY: Barb Ferrara, re: to be held Saturday, October 7, 2023, from 12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. on Perth Street, between Arden and Berwick Streets.
11. REQUEST TO CERTIFY THE 2023 TRANSPORTATION ASSET MANAGEMENT PLAN - PUBLIC ACT 325: Engineering Division, re: as required by the Michigan Transportation Asset Management Council (TAMC). (CR 281-20)
In accordance with Title II of the American with Disabilities Act as it pertains to access to Public Meetings, the City Clerk’s Office of the City of Livonia, upon adequate notice, will make reasonable accommodations for persons with special needs. Please call (734) 466-2236 or email email@example.com if you need assistance. Council agendas are available on the City’s website – www.livonia.gov - under Your Government, City Council, Agendas & Minutes.
SUSAN M. NASH, CITY CLERK