* Due to COVID-19, Livonia City Council meetings will not be held in the City Hall Auditorium
Live broadcast: AT&T Uverse Channel 99 / Spectrum Channel 203 /
WOW Channel 10 / YouTube.com/LivoniaTV
Connect on Zoom: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/822419226 or phone at (312) 626-6799, ID: 822 419 226
To participate, use the ‘Raise Hand’ button on Zoom or press *9 on your phone to be called on
CALL TO ORDER:
PRESENTATION OF MINUTES:
REPORTS FROM THE MAYOR AND OTHER CITY OFFICIALS
Report from Mayor Maureen Miller Brosnan to provide an update on the work of Human Relations Commission.
1. REQUEST TO AMEND COUNCIL RESOLUTION 09-20: Paul F. Bohn, Fausone Bohn, LLP, re: to add language as required by the Michigan Department of Treasury to delineate the date the Commercial Rehabilitation District was established, the date the public hearing was held, and the application was approved for less than 10 years. (CR 306-19 and 226-19)
2. REQUEST TO APPROVE LEASE AGREEMENT WITH HAWKS/WOLVES SOCCER CLUB, d.b.a. LIVONIA CITY SOCCER CLUB, FOR GREENMEAD SOCCER FIELDS: Department of Parks & Recreation, re: for continued use of Greenmead Soccer fields 1 and 2, for a five year period, with an option to renew for an additional five-year period.
3. REQUEST FOR INCREASE IN GOLF CART FEES: Department of Parks & Recreation, re: for single cart riders at all golf courses, effective immediately for the 2020 golf season.
4. VACATING REQUEST: Engineering Division, re: to partially vacate public utility easement with property located at 19700 and 19750 Haggerty Road in the Southwest ¼ of Section 6. Parcel ID 46-023-99-0005-003 and 46-023-99-0005-004.
5. REQUEST TO WAIVE FORMAL BID PROCESS AND APPROVE ADDITIONAL EXPENDITURE: Engineering Division, re: for the Schoolcraft Service Drive Storm Sewer Installation, for an amount not to exceed $20,000.00, and approve revised contract amount of $141,905.00, from budgeted funds. (CR 342-19, CR 264-17 and CR 233-12)
6. REQUEST TO WAIVE FORMAL BID PROCESS AND AUTHORIZATION FOR EXPENDITURE: Engineering Division, re: to provide Asphalt Subdivision Repairs based on Contract 20-A unit prices with Nagle Paving (Contract 20-L), in an amount not to exceed $100.000.00, from budgeted funds. (CR 101-20)
7. WAIVER PETITION: Planning Commission, re: Petition 2020-05-02-04 submitted by Livonia Budget Storage, L.L.C. re: to develop and operate a climate-controlled, indoor self-storage facility on property located on the north side of Seven Mile Road between Middlebelt Road and Parkville Avenue (29150 Seven Mile Road) in the Southwest ¼ of Section 1.
8. ROLL CALL: Proposed Amendment to the Livonia Code of Ordinances, as amended: Department of Law, re: to add Section 225 and amend Section 230 of Chapter 04 (Streets and Sidewalks) of Title 12 to clarify the types of structures, specifically mailboxes, which may be installed in the easement or right-of-way along Livonia street and roads.
First Reading given by Council Member Jim Jolly on July 20, 2020.
9. REQUEST TO APPROVE QUARTERLY BUDGET ADJUSTMENTS: Department of Finance, re: for the first and second quarter of the 2020 Fiscal Year Budget.
10. REQUEST TO DONATE PARCEL OF LAND TO CITY OF LIVONIA: Andrew Warner, Norwest Financial Group, re: land located at 28330 Clarita (Parcel ID 046-99-0054-002).
11. REQUEST TO APPROVE FIRST AMENDMENT TO LEASE AGREEMENT FOR CITY-OWNED BUILDING AT 33251 FIVE MILE ROAD: Department of Law, re: between the City of Livonia and Minush Veliu (Sam’s Place Family Restaurant) for the period ending August 31, 2022, with one (1) successive option to renew for an additional one (1) year. (CR 264-05)
12. REQUEST TO APPROVE THE EMERGENCY PURCHASE OF FIVE (5) ADDITIONAL LUCAS CHEST COMPRESSION SYSTEMS FROM SOLE SOURCE VENDOR: Livonia Fire and Rescue, re: to place this equipment into service for the personal health and safety of our First Responders due to the COVID-19 declared emergency, from budgeted funds.
13. REQUEST TO RELEASE OF GENERAL IMPROVEMENT BONDS: Engineering Division, re: for Dover Court Site Condominiums, located on the south side of Ann Arbor Trail between Norwich Avenue and Wayne Road (34417 Ann Arbor Tail and 34391 Dover Avenue) in the Southwest ¼ of Section 33. (CR 290-19)
14. REQUEST TO WAIVE FORMAL BIDDING PROCESS, AUTHORIZATION FOR ADDITIONAL FUNDS AND ADDITIONAL EXPENDITURE AND APPROVAL OF REVISED CONTRACT AMOUNT TO HARD ROCK CONCRETE: Engineering Division, re: to approve an increase of $400,000.00 to Contract 20-C to provide concrete patching along Schoolcraft Road and reconstruction of Veronica Drive approach and Quakertown Lane, from budgeted funds. (CR 103-20)
15. REQUEST TO AUTHORIZE AN AMENDMENT TO THE ENGINEERING CONTRACT WITH ANDERSON, ECKSTEIN AND WESTRICK, INC. AND AUTHORIZE EXPENDITURE: Engineering Division, re: to increase the Construction Engineering contract in an amount of $50,000.00 for the Schoolcraft Road Concrete Patching and reconstruction of Veronica Drive approach and Quakertown Lane, from budgeted funds. (CR 104-20)
16. ACCEPTANCE OF GRANT OF EASEMENT: Department of Law, re: secured without monetary consideration from Livonia Estates Ltd., a Canadian limited company, for a public utility easement in connection with the sanitary sewer constructed at 31800 Enterprise Drive in the South ½ of Section 27. Parcel ID No. 46-108-99-0006-007.
17. ACCEPTANCE OF GRANT OF EASEMENT: Department of Law, re: secured without monetary consideration from Livonia Estates Ltd., a Canadian limited company, for a public utility easement in connection with the sanitary sewer constructed at 11870 Hubbard Road in the South ½ of Section 27. Parcel ID 46-107-03-0018-004.
18. ACCEPTANCE OF GRANT OF EASEMENT: Department of Law, re: secured without monetary consideration from HFI8, LLC, a Michigan limited liability company, for a public utility easement in connection with the sidewalk constructed at 27430 Seven Mile Road in the Southeast ¼ of Section 1. Parcel ID 46-004-01-0530-000.
19. REQUEST TO CONSIDER ADOPTING A RESOLUTION: Council Member Jim Jolly, re: to create a resolution regarding racism and prejudice in the City of Livonia.
20. REQUEST TO SCHEDULE A CLOSED COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE MEETING: Department of Law, re: for the purpose of discussing pending litigation and attorney/client privileged communications with respect to Christopher Lee Murray-Bey, et. al. v City of Livonia.
DATED: July 31, 2020
SUSAN M. NASH, CITY CLERK
In accordance with Title II of the American with Disabilities Act as it pertains to access to Public Meetings, the City Clerk’s Office of the City of Livonia, upon adequate notice, will make reasonable accommodations for persons with special needs. Please call (734) 466-2236 or email xd
if you need assistance.
Council agendas are available on the City’s website – www.livonia.gov - under Government, City Council, Agendas