November 4, 2020
City Council Regular Meeting (ZOOM)
Wednesday, November 4, 2020
1908th Regular Meeting of the Council of the City of Livonia
Wednesday, November 4, 2020
* Due to COVID-19, Livonia City Council meetings will not be held in the City Hall Auditorium
Live broadcast: AT&T Uverse Channel 99 / Spectrum Channel 203 /
WOW Channel 10 / YouTube.com/LivoniaTV
To participate, use the ‘Raise Hand’ button on Zoom or press *9 on your phone to be called on
CALL TO ORDER
INVOCATION/PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
PRESENTATION OF MINUTES
REPORTS FROM THE MAYOR AND OTHER CITY OFFICIALS
a. Communication from the Department of Finance, dated October 9, 2020,
re: various financial statements of the City of Livonia for the month ending August
b. Communication from the Department of Finance, dated October 9, 2020, re:
forwarding Quarterly Investment Report for the City of Livonia as of August 31, 2020.
1) REQUEST TO APPROVE TWO REPRESENTATIVES TO MICHIGAN MUNICIPAL SERVICES AUTHORITY (MMSA): Office of the Mayor, re: to accept the nominations of Kathleen Lomako and Councilmembers Jim Jolly and Brandon McCullough to serve as Livonia’s representatives on the Authority’s Board.
2) REQUEST FOR AUTHORIZATION TO PURCHASE ONE (1) 2021 FORD F150 4X4 SUPER CAB XLT PICKUP TRUCK THROUGH THE STATE OF MICHIGAN BID PROCESS: Public Service Division, re: to replace vehicle used by Roads Section, from budgeted funds.
3) REQUEST TO AUTHORIZE EXPENDITURE: Public Service Division, re: to enable payment to Wolverine Commercial Furnishings for the emergency installation of City-wide COVID Screening and shields within all City-owned facilities to complete the safety concerns with reopening of City buildings.
4) AUDIT REPORT: Livonia Housing Commission, re: for the fiscal year ending December 31, 2019, excluding Silver Village, Newburgh Village, the Community Development Block Grant Program, and single-family City-Owned properties.
5) REQUEST TO EXECUTE A NEW THREE YEAR CONTRACT BETWEEN THE CITY OF LIVONIA AND THE COUNTY OF WAYNE FOR HOUSING REHABILITATION PROGRAM FUNDING AND HOMEBUYER ASSISTANCE FUNDING; AND REQUST TO AUTHORIZE THE DIRECTOR OF HOUSING TO APPROVE THE 2021 THROUGH 2023 HOME CONTRACT FUNDING: Livonia Housing Commission, re: to extend the City's participation in the Wayne County Home Investment Partnership Consortia from July 1, 2021 through June 30, 2024, with an average annual allocation of $100,000.00 to the City of Livonia. (CR 168-18, CR 08-15, CR 397-12, CR 323-12, CR 196-11, and CR 213-09)
6) REQUEST TO EXECUTE AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE CITY OF LIVONIA AND THE SUBURBAN MOBILITY AUTHORITY FOR REGIONAL TRANSPORTATION (SMART): Livonia Housing Commission, re: to allow Livonia Community Transit Program to receive the FTA 5310: Enhanced Mobility of Seniors and Individuals with Disabilities grant in the amount of $48,522.00 and to authorize the City of Livonia to provide matching funds of $24,261.00, from budgeted funds.
7) REQUEST FOR AUTHORIZATION FOR AN ADDITIONAL EXPENDITURE AND APPROVAL OF REVISED CONTRACT AMOUNT TO L. ANTHONY CONSTRUCTION, INC: Engineering Division; re: to authorize a budget transfer and to approve an increase of $75,020 to Contract 20J for the additional work necessary in Section 19 and to close out the contract (CR 106-20)
8) WAIVER PETITION: Planning Commission, re: Petition 2020080208 submitted by GMRI, Inc., to utilize an SDM liquor license (sale of packaged beer and wine) in connection with the operations of an existing full service restaurant (Olive Garden) located on the east side of Middlebelt Road between Schoolcraft Road and Lyndon Avenue (14000 Middlebelt Road) in the Southwest ¼ of Section 24.
UNFINISHED BUSINESS - MEETINGS OF THE COMMITTEE
9) Committee of the Whole Meeting of October 12, 2020
a. Subject matter of organizational restructuring of the City of the Council Office (CR
b. Subject of the Legislative Affairs Director (CR 342-11)
10) PROPOSED AMENDMENT TO THE LIVONIA CODE OF ORDINANCES, AS AMENDED: Department of Law, re: to add Chapter 09 (Department of Governmental Affairs) of Title 2, to create and establish a department responsible for supporting the City of Livonia’s governmental agenda.
11) PROPOSED AMENDMENT TO THE LIVONIA CODE OF ORDINANCES, AS AMENDED: Department of Law, re: to amend Sections 010, 020 and 030 of Chapter 2.10 (Department of the Office of the City Council) to Title 2, to establish the responsibilities of Administration in the City Council office.
12) PROPOSED AMENDMENT TO THE LIVONIA CODE OF ORDINANCES, AS AMENDED: Department of Law, re: to amend Sections 020 and 030 of Chapter 2.10 (Department of Legislative Affairs) to Title 2, to establish the responsibilities of the Director of Legislative Affairs and the Administrator in the City Council office.
13) REZONING PETITION: Planning Commission, re: Petition 2020070104, submitted by Adams Park Development, L.L.C., to rezone the properties at 14416 Harrison Avenue and 28201 Lyndon Avenue (former Adams Elementary School site) located on the south side of Lyndon Avenue between Inkster and Middlebelt Roads in the Southeast ¼ of Section 24 from PL (Public Lands) to R1 (One Family Residential).
Public Hearing held on October 7, 2020
14) PROPOSED AMENDMENT TO THE LIVONIA CODE OF ORDINANCES: Department of Law, re: Petition 2020070303, submitted by Stonefield Engineering & Design on behalf of Haggerty Square, L.L.C., request to vacate a section of the existing public utility easement, located on the east side of Haggerty Road, between Seven Mile and Eight Mile Roads (19700 and 19750 Haggerty Road) in the Southwest ¼ of Section 6. (CR 270-20)
15) BLOCK PARTY: Katie Adams, re: to be held Saturday, November 21, 2020, from 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. on Dover Street, between Parent and Hees, with no rain date requested.
16) REQUEST TO APPROVE INTERLOCAL AGREEMENT: Office of the Mayor; re: between the City of Livonia, Wayne County and four Wayne County Communities to create the Wayne County HOME Consortia for Federal Program years 20212023.
17) REQUEST TO MODIFY UNION MEMBERSHIP AND AMEND NAME OF THE UNION; Civil Service Department, re: to include three Police Captains and amend the union name to Livonia Command Officers Association.
18) REQUEST TO APPROVE THE LIVONIA FIRE FIGHTERS UNION (LFFU) CONTRACT AGREEMENT FOR THE PERIOD OF DECEMBER 1, 2018 THROUGH NOVEMBER 30, 2021: Civil Service Department, re: same.
19) ACCEPTANCE OF GRANT OF EASEMENT: Department of Law, re: secured without monetary consideration from Comfort Care Senior Living, for a public utility easement in connection with the sanitary sewer constructed at 34020 Plymouth Road in the Southeast 1/4 of Section 28. Parcel ID #46112990023004.
October 21, 2020
SUSAN M. NASH, CITY CLERK
In accordance with Title II of the American with Disabilities Act as it pertains to access to Public Meetings, the City Clerk’s Office of the City of Livonia, upon adequate notice, will make reasonable accommodations for persons with special needs. Please call (734) 4662236 or email xd if you need assistance. Council agendas are available on the City’s website – www.ci.livonia.mi.us under Government, City Council, Agendas.