Livonia Police Department Now Hiring!
- 12-hour shifts
- Defined Benefit Retirement System
- Overtime opportunities
- Career opportunities including Detective Bureau, Crime Scene Unit, Traffic Bureau, Narcotics & Surveillance, SWAT, K9, Mobile Field Force and Task Force assignments
- Fully paid education (up to a Master's Degree)
- Opportunity for promotion (27 Sergeants, seven Lieutenants)
- State of the art equipment and range training facilities
Get Paid for Your Experience with the Lateral Transfer Program!
Accelerate your career and compensation with the Livonia Police Department's Lateral Transfer Program! The LPD is accepting Police Officers, currently employed at a different police department with two or more years of experience to participate in a lateral transfer program. Police Officers will earn the salary equivalent to their full-time status, up to five years of service.
Two Years of Service - $62, 420.80
Three Years of Service - $67,371.20
Four Years of Service - $72, 238.40
Average pay in 2020 was $82,000
Salary progresses up to $75,816 for a Senior Police Officer. Competitive benefits package includes pension, medical insurance, prescription and dental/vision coverage.
Upon completion of five years of service with the City of Livonia, officers will receive a $6,000 bonus!
To apply, visit LPD Careers. Click the Apply Now button. Complete the application. The City of Livonia Civil Service Department will notify each applicant of the testing date.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.