City Council Study Meeting
STUDY MEETING OF JANUARY 6, 2020
8:00 P.M. - City Hall Auditorium
33000 Civic Center Drive
1. REQUEST TO AMEND COUNCIL RESOLUTION 306-19: Paul F. Bohn, Fausone Bohn, LLP, re: to specify the beginning date of the approved Commercial Rehabilitation Exemption Certificate to be December 31, 2020, for Schoolcraft Lodge, Inc., for the rehabilitation of the obsolete property located at 31501 Schoolcraft Road.
2. TAX RATE REQUEST FOR THE WAYNE COUNTY ZOOLOGICAL AUTHORITY FOR THE YEAR 2019: Office of the City Clerk, re: to set the rate of tax to be levied and requesting that it be collected as a winter tax.
3. TAX RATE REQUEST FOR THE WAYNE COUNTY ART INSTITUTE AUTHORITY FOR THE YEAR 2019: Office of the City Clerk, re: to set the rate of tax to be levied and requesting that it be collected as a winter tax.
4. TAX RATE REQUEST FOR HURON CLINTON METROPOLITAN AUTHORITY FOR THE YEAR 2019: Office of the City Clerk, re: to set the rate of tax to be levied and requesting that it be collected as a winter tax.
5. REQUEST TO APPROVE LOCATION AND SCHEDULE OF DATES AND TIMES FOR THE 2020 BOARD OF REVIEW MEETINGS, AS WELL AS COMPENSATION RATES FOR MEMBERS: Department of Assessment, re: per the requirements of State of Michigan Statute MCL 211.30.
6. PROPOSED TEMPORARY CLASSIFICATIONS WAGE INCREASE AS A RESULT OF AN INCREASE IN THE STATE OF MICHIGAN MINIMUM WAGE RATE: Civil Service Department, re: effective January 1, 2020 for classifications of College Co-Op, High School Co-Op, Library Page, Seasonal Clerk and Student Page.
7. REQUEST TO WAIVE THE CITY’S COMPETITIVE BID PROCESS AND TO AWARD BID RECEIVED THROUGH THE TRI-COUNTY PUBLIC PURCHASING COOPERATIVE: Public Service Division, re: for gasoline and diesel fuel for the period February 1, 2020 through January 31, 2022.
8. REQUEST TO CHANGE AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE TO DWRF PROJECT NO. 7452-01: Public Service Division, re: in order to allow for the seamless reporting required for the improvements to the existing water treatment and distribution system.
9. REQUEST TO AUTHORIZE APPROPRIATION AND EXPENDITURE: Public Service Division, re: to enable payment to Belfor USA for materials, equipment and labor necessary to perform the emergency clean-up of the ceiling collapse at Fox Creek from budgeted funds.
10. REQUEST TO APPROVE FINAL COST INFORMATION AND TO AUTHORIZE ADDITIONAL APPROPRIATION AND EXPENDITURE: Engineering Division, re: for the 2018 Sidewalk Program - Contract 18-G. (CR 102-18)
11. WAIVER PETITION: Planning Commission, re: Petition 2019-09-02-14 submitted by ARCO Construction Company, Inc., to construct and operate a senior assisted living facility located on the south side of Eight Mile Road between Farmington and Gill Roads (33579 Eight Mile Road) in the Northeast ¼ of Section 4.
For the 1,888th Regular Meeting of January 15, 2020
DATED: December 27, 2019
SUSAN M. NASH, CITY CLERK
In accordance with Title II of the American with Disabilities Act as it pertains to access to Public Meetings, the City Clerk’s Office of the City of Livonia, upon adequate notice, will make reasonable accommodations for persons with special needs. Please call (734) 466-2236 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance. Council agendas are available on the City’s website – www.ci.livonia.mi.us - under Government, City Council, Agendas.