Regular Meeting Agenda 01/27/2020
1,889TH Regular Meeting of the Council of the City of Livonia
Monday, January 27, 2020
7:00 p.m. - City Hall Auditorium
33000 Civic Center Drive
CALL TO ORDER:
PRESENTATION OF MINUTES:
REPORTS FROM THE MAYOR AND OTHER CITY OFFICIALS
1. REQUEST TO WAIVE THE CITY’S NOISE ORDINANCE: Robert Rais, Knights of Columbus, re: to allow a car show with a DJ at Saint Colette’s Catholic Church, 17600 Newburgh Road, on Saturday, June 6, 2020 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
2. REQUEST TO EXTEND PROFESSIONAL SERVICES AGREEMENT FOR EMERGENCY MEDICAL TRANSPORTATION BILLING: Livonia Fire & Rescue, for a five (5) year contract at 5.9% of the amount collected, from budgeted funds.
3. AWARD OF BID: Department of Parks & Recreation, re: of various items of clothing for the 2020 and 2021 departmental needs, from budgeted funds.
4. AWARD OF BID: Department of Parks & Recreation, re: for Botsford Pool pump replacement, from budgeted funds.
5. AWARD OF BID: Division of Police, re: for perimeter security fencing of Public Safety Complex, from budgeted funds.
6. REQUEST TO AUTHORIZE PURCHASE OF 40 DELL DESKTOP WORKSTATIONS THROUGH THE STATE OF MICHIGAN BID PROCESS: Division of Police, re: to replace approximately 50% of the Police Department’s workstations, from budgeted funds.
7. ROLL CALL: PROPOSED AMENDMENT TO THE LIVONIA CODE OF ORDINANCES AS AMENDED: Department of Law, re: to Section 020 and 070 of Title 8, Chapter 40 (Noxious Weeds and Refuse) of the Livonia Code of Ordinances, to bring into alignment with the State of Michigan’s list of noxious weeds.(First Reading given by Councilmember Kathleen McIntyre on December 2, 2019.)
8. REQUEST TO ESTABLISH A COMMERCIAL REHABILITATION DISTRICT: Paul F. Bohn, Fausone Bohn, LLP, on behalf of Livonia Hotel Group, LLC, re: to facilitate the redevelopment of property located at 19265 Victor Parkway, in the Southeast ¼ of Section 6.Public Hearing held on January 8, 2020.
9. ACCEPTANCE OF DONATIONS: Department of Community Resources, re: of cash and gifts from various contributors to be used for the purposes as designated by donors.
10. REQUEST TO CONSIDER ADOPTING AN ORDINANCE TO REFLECT VOTING RIGHTS OF COUNCIL, BOARDS AND COMMISSIONS: Councilmember Jim Jolly, re: to enable members of the public body to participate while on military duty.
DATED: January 16, 2020
SUSAN M. NASH, CITY CLERK
In accordance with Title II of the American with Disabilities Act as it pertains to access to Public Meetings, the City Clerk’s Office of the City of Livonia, upon adequate notice, will make reasonable accommodations for persons with special needs. Please call (734) 466-2236 or email xd if you need assistance. Council agendas are available on the City’s website – www.ci.livonia.mi.us - under Government, City Council, Agendas.