REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
1,890TH Regular Meeting of the Council of the City of Livonia
Monday, February 10, 2020
7:00 p.m. - City Hall Auditorium
33000 Civic Center Drive
CALL TO ORDER:
PRESENTATION OF MINUTES:
REPORTS FROM THE MAYOR AND OTHER CITY OFFICIALS
Communication from the Department of Finance, dated January 20, 2020, re: forwarding Quarterly Investment Report for the City of Livonia as of November 30, 2019.
1. REAPPOINTMENT OF LORA WEINGARDEN TO THE LIVONIA BOARD OF ETHICS: Office of the Mayor, for a three-year term, which will expire on March 1, 2023.
2. REQUEST TO PURCHASE FOUR (4) REPLACEMENT CARDIAC MONITORS: Livonia Fire and Rescue, re: from Zoll Medical Corporation, the sole supplier, from budgeted funds.
3. REQUEST TO MODIFY AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE CONFERENCE OF WESTERN WAYNE AND THE CITY OF LIVONIA YOUTH ASSISTANCE PROGRAM THROUGH SEPTEMBER 30, 2020: Department of Community Resources, re: to receive $17,178.00 to be used for the Youth Employment Resource Program, the Youth Assistance Group Facilitators and Jail Tour expenses.
4. AWARD OF BID: Public Service Division, re: for a five-year Elevator Maintenance Program, for the period from January 1, 2020 to December 31, 2024, with funding to come from the Building Maintenance budget.
5. REQUEST TO APPROVE FINAL COST INFORMATION AND TO AUTHORIZE ADDITIONAL APPROPRIATION AND EXPENDITURE: Engineering Division, re: for the 2019 Sidewalk Program - Contract 19-G. (CR 96-19)
6. SITE PLAN PETITION: Planning Commission, re: Petition 2019-08-08-13 submitted by Build to Suit, Inc. to construct a new medical clinic on property located on the south side of Plymouth Road between Middlebelt Road and Milburn Avenue (29959 Plymouth) in the Northeast ¼ of Section 35.
7. SITE PLAN PETITION: Planning Commission, re: Petition 2019-11-08-15 submitted by Hobbs + Black Architects on behalf of 2|42 Community Church to renovate the exterior of the church located on the south side of Five Mile Road between Yale Avenue and Levan Road (35475 Five Mile Road) in the Northeast ¼ of Section 20.
8. PROPOSED AMENDMENT TO THE LIVONIA CODE OF ORDINANCES, AS AMENDED: Department of Law, re: to amend Chapter 88 of Title 9 (sale of tobacco products to persons under age 21) to bring into alignment with the Federal law and expected amendment of Michigan’s Youth Tobacco Act.
9. PROPOSED AMENDMENT TO THE LIVONIA CODE OF ORDINANCES, AS AMENDED: Department of Law, re: to amend Chapter 16 of Title 12 (Parks and Playgrounds) to add Washington Park and land adjacent to Rudolph R. Kleinert Park to the roster of City parklands.
10. PROPOSED AMENDMENT TO THE LIVONIA CODE OF ORDINANCES, AS AMENDED: Department of Law, re: to add Chapter 01 (Open Meetings Act Compliance) to Title 2 (Administration and Personnel) to enable members of the public body to participate while on military duty.
11. REQUEST FOR PROCLAMATION FOR THE LEAGUE OF WOMEN VOTERS: Paula Bowman, President, League of Women Voters’ of Northwest Wayne County, re: to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the passage of the 19th amendment and the 100th anniversary of the League of Women Voters as a public service organization.
12. REQUEST TO REFER THE SUBJECT MATTER OF LOCAL GOVERNMENT RESPONSE TO CLIMATE CHANGE ISSUES TO THE ADMINISTRATION: Councilmember Cathy White, re: to investigate possible efforts that the City of Livonia could undertake.
13. ACCEPTANCE OF GRANT OF EASEMENT: Department of Law, re: secured without monetary consideration from Randall Gasser, Executive Director, Woodhaven retirement Community, for a twenty-foot (20’) wide public utility easement in connection with the water main constructed within the Woodhaven Retirement Community in the Southeast ¼ of Section 14.
Parcel ID No. 46-056-99-0002-003
DATED: January 28, 2020
SUSAN M. NASH, CITY CLERK
In accordance with Title II of the American with Disabilities Act as it pertains to access to Public Meetings, the City Clerk’s Office of the City of Livonia, upon adequate notice, will make reasonable accommodations for persons with special needs. Please call (734) 466-2236 or email xd if you need assistance. Council agendas are available on the City’s website – www.ci.livonia.mi.us - under Government, City Council, Agendas.