1,896th Regular Meeting of the Council of the City of Livonia
Monday, May 11, 2020
* Due to COVID-19, Livonia City Council meetings will not be held in the City Hall Auditorium
Live broadcast: AT&T Uverse Channel 99 / Spectrum Channel 203 /
WOW Channel 10 / YouTube.com/LivoniaTV
Connect on Zoom: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/822419226 or phone at (312) 626-6799, ID: 822 419 226
To participate, use the ‘Raise Hand’ button on Zoom or press *9 on your phone to be called on
CALL TO ORDER:
PRESENTATION OF MINUTES:
REPORTS FROM THE MAYOR AND OTHER CITY OFFICIALS
1. REQUEST TO RENEW SOFTWARE MAINTENANCE AGREEMENT WITH SOLE SOURCE PROVIDER: Department of Management Information Systems, re: with ESRI Inc., for the City’s Geographic Information System (GIS) for a period of one year, from budgeted funds.
2. AWARD OF BID: Department of Parks and Recreation, re: for Fox Creek Golf Course Restaurant Drop Ceiling Replacement, from budgeted funds.
3. REQUEST TO APPROVE A ONE-YEAR CONTRACT EXTENSION WITH HYDROCORP SERVICES FOR THE CROSS CONNECTION CONTROL PROGRAM: Public Service Division, re: to perform all work necessary to complete the program requirements, in an amount not to exceed $63,270.00, from budgeted funds. (CR 97-15)
4. AWARD OF CONTRACT AND REQUEST TO AUTHORIZE AN ADDITIONAL APPROPRIATION AND EXPENDITURE: Engineering Division, re: for Water Main Improvements which are part of DWRF Project No. 7452-01, Project Areas 1 & 3 with $4,136,851.55, to be reimbursed by the proceeds of the Drinking Water Revolving Fund Revenue Bonds. (CR 389-19 and 364-19)
5. AWARD OF CONTRACT AND REQUEST TO AUTHORIZE AN ADDITIONAL APPROPRIATION AND EXPENDITURE: Engineering Division, re: for Water Main Improvements which are part of DWRF Project No. 7452-01, Project Area 2 with $3,298,157.70, to be reimbursed by the proceeds of the Drinking Water Revolving Fund Revenue Bonds. (CR 389-19 and 364-19)
6. REQUEST TO DESIGNATE CONSULTANT, THROUGH THE QUALIFICATION BASED SELECTION (QBS) PROCESS AND AMEND ENGINEERING CONTRACT WITH OHM ADVISORS, TO PROVIDE PROFESSIONAL ENGINEERING SERVICES: Engineering Division, re: for the Drinking Water Revolving Fund (DWRF) Project No. 7452-01, Project Areas 1, 2 and 3, in an amount not to exceed $594,800. (CR 389-19 and 365-16)
7. VACATING PETITION: Planning Commission, re: Petition 2020-02-03-01 submitted by Zeimet Wozniak & Associates, on behalf of Schoolcraft College, to determine whether or not to vacate a section of the existing water main easement within the Schoolcraft College campus, located on the east side of Haggerty Road between Six Mile and Seven Mile Roads (18600 Haggerty Road and 17950 College Parkway) in the Northwest ¼ and Southwest ¼ of Section 14. (CR 319-19)
8. VACATING PETITION: Planning Commission, re: Petition 2020-02-03-02 submitted by Woodhaven Retirement Community, to determine whether or not to vacate a section of the existing water main easement located on the south side of Wentworth Avenue, west of Middlebelt Road (29667 Wentworth Avenue) in the Southeast ¼ of Section 14. (CR 62-20)
9. SITE PLAN PETITION: Planning Commission, re: Petition 2020-02-08-01 submitted by Ventura & Associates, on behalf of Western Wayne Physicians, to construct an addition and remodel the front entrance of the existing building located on the east side of Levan Road between Lyndon Avenue and Five Mile Road (15160 Levan Road) in the Northeast ¼ of Section 20.
10. ROLL CALL: Proposed Amendment to Zoning Ordinance No. 543, as amended: Department of Law, re: Petition 2019-12-01-07, submitted by Unleashed Pet Care Real Estate, L.L.C., for a change of zoning of property located at 9300 Middlebelt Road, on the east side of Middlebelt Road between Joy Road and West Chicago in the Southwest ¼ of Section 36 from OS (Office Services) to C-2 (General Business).
(First Read given by Councilmember Cathy White on March 11, 2020)
11. WAIVER PETITION: Planning Commission, re: Petition 2020-03-02-02 submitted by Unleashed Pet Care Real Estate L.L.C., to operate a veterinary clinic on the east side of Middlebelt Road between Joy Road and West Chicago Avenue (9300 Middlebelt Road) in the Southwest ¼ of Section 36.
12. SITE PLAN PETITION: Planning Commission, re: Petition 2020-03-08-02 submitted by Lincoln Dental, to construct an addition to the existing building located on the north side of Joy Road between Inkster Road and Harrison Avenue (28000 and 28024 Joy Road) in the Southeast ¼ of Section 36.
13. REQUEST FOR ABILITY OF CITY TO OPT OUT OF UNSUBSCRIBED NEWSPAPER DELIVERY TO BE REFERRED TO THE LAW DEPARTMENT: Councilmember Rob Donovic, re: for report and recommendation.
14. PROPOSED ORDINANCE TO (1) PROVIDE FOR THE ACQUISITION AND CONSTRUCTION OF ADDITIONS, EXTENSIONS AND IMPROVEMENTS TO THE WATER SUPPLY AND WASTEWATER SYSTEM OF THE CITY OF LIVONIA; AND (2) TO PROVIDE FOR THE ISSUANCE AND SALE OF $9,170,000.00 OF REVENUE BONDS, SERIES 2020 TO PAY THE COST THEREOF: Department of Finance, re: for the (DWRF) Drinking Water Revolving Fund. (CR #389-19)
15. REQUEST FOR APPROVAL TO AMEND THE COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT BLOCK GRANT PROGRAM (CDBG) FY 2019 ANNUAL ACTION PLAN: Livonia Housing Commission, re: to allocate funds received for Community Development Block Grant-Coronavirus (CDBG-CV) for activities that address COVID-19 related community needs. (CR 178-19)
DATED: April 28, 2020
SUSAN M. NASH, CITY CLERK
In accordance with Title II of the American with Disabilities Act as it pertains to access to Public Meetings, the City Clerk’s Office of the City of Livonia, upon adequate notice, will make reasonable accommodations for persons with special needs. Please call (734) 466-2236 or email xd if you need assistance. Council agendas are available on the City’s website – www.livonia.gov - under Government, City Council, Agendas.