1,898th Regular Meeting of the Council of the City of Livonia
Monday, June 8, 2020
* Due to COVID-19, Livonia City Council meetings will not be held in the City Hall Auditorium
Live broadcast: AT&T Uverse Channel 99 / Spectrum Channel 203 /
WOW Channel 10 / YouTube.com/LivoniaTV
Connect on Zoom: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/822419226 or phone at (312) 626-6799, ID: 822 419 226
To participate, use the ‘Raise Hand’ button on Zoom or press *9 on your phone to be called on
CALL TO ORDER:
PRESENTATION OF MINUTES:
REPORTS FROM THE MAYOR AND OTHER CITY OFFICIALS
a. Communication from the Department of Finance, dated May 1, 2020, re: forwarding various financial statements of the City of Livonia for the month ending January 31, 2020.
b. Communication from the Department of Finance, dated May 14, 2020, re: forwarding various financial statements of the City of Livonia for the month ending February 29, 2020.
c. Communication from the Department of Finance, dated May 19, 2020, re: forwarding Retirement System Annual Report – Fiscal Year 2019.
1. REQUEST TO AMEND AND REVISE COUNCIL RESOLUTION 44-20: Davide Piccirilli, re: to change the date of the noise ordinance waiver previously approved by Council for a graduation party on Friday, June 19, 2020 to Friday, July 31, 2020, to end at midnight.
2. REQUEST TO WAIVE FORMAL BID PROCESS AND AUTHORIZATION FOR EXPENDITURE: Engineering Division, re: for the Senior Center Parking Lot Improvement Project, as part of the City’s long-term program to fix safety issues in existing parking lots utilizing pricing established in Contract 20-A with Nagle Paving, from budgeted funds. (CR 101-20 and 343-19)
3. REQUEST TO AMEND CONSTRUCTION ENGINEERING CONTRACT THROUGH THE QUALIFICATION BASED SELECTION (QBS) PROCESS WITH OHM ADVISORS, FOR CONSTRUCTION ENGINEERING SERVICES FOR THE 2020/2021 SCHOOLCRAFT ROAD 48” WATER TRANSMISSION MAIN (MIDDLEBELT ROAD TO BEECH DALY ROAD) PROJECT: Engineering Division, re: same. (CR 365-16)
MEETINGS OF THE COMMITTEE
4. PUBLIC SAFETY, HEALTH AND ENVIRONMENT COMMITTEE – Meeting of Wednesday, May 20, 2020
Subject matter of COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
5. REZONING PETITION: Planning Commission, re: Petition 2020-01-01-01 submitted by Pastor 4G, L.L.C., to rezone the eastern 150 feet of the property located on the west side of Farmington Road between Oakdale Avenue and Six Mile Road (16975-16991 Farmington Road) in the Northeast ¼ of Section 16, from OS, Office Services to C-2, General Business.
Public Hearing held on May 18, 2020.
6. REZONING PETITION: Planning Commission, re: Petition 2020-02-01-02 submitted by Belaggio Homes, to rezone the northern 300.62 feet of the property located on the north side of Seven Mile Road between Merriman Road and Osmus Avenue (31670 Seven Mile Road) in the Southeast ¼ of Section 3, from R-U-F, Rural Urban Farm – Minimum ½ Acre to R-1, One Family Residential – 60’ x 120’ Lots.
Public Hearing held on May 18, 2020.
7. PROPOSED AMENDMENT TO THE LIVONIA CODE OF ORDINANCES, AS AMENDED: Department of Law, re: to add Chapter 37 (Unsolicited Written Materials) to Title 8, to reduce litter and establish reasonable, predictable locations for the placement of unsolicited written materials on private property.
8. REQUEST TO WAIVE THE FORMAL BIDDING PROCESS AND AUTHORIZE PROPOSAL BY MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS, INC. UTILIZING THE STATE OF MICHIGAN MIDEAL CONTRACT: Division of Police, re: to program and install (3) operator console position sin Emergency Operations Center, de-install three (3) operator console positions in the Main Dispatch Center, and program and install four (4) operator console positions and related equipment in the Main Dispatch Center, from budgeted funds. (CR 97-20 and 98-20)
DATED: June 1, 2020
SUSAN M. NASH, CITY CLERK
In accordance with Title II of the American with Disabilities Act as it pertains to access to Public Meetings, the City Clerk’s Office of the City of Livonia, upon adequate notice, will make reasonable accommodations for persons with special needs. Please call (734) 466-2236 or email xd if you need assistance. Council agendas are available on the City’s website – www.livonia.gov - under Government, City Council, Agendas.