1,899th Regular Meeting of the Council of the City of Livonia7:00 P.M.* Due to COVID-19, Livonia City Council meetings will not be held in the City Hall Auditorium
Monday, June 22, 2020
Live broadcast: AT&T Uverse Channel 99 / Spectrum Channel 203 /
WOW Channel 10 / YouTube.com/LivoniaTV
Connect on Zoom: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/822419226 or phone at (312) 626-6799, ID: 822 419 226
To participate, use the ‘Raise Hand’ button on Zoom or press *9 on your phone to be called on CALL TO ORDER: INVOCATION:ROLL CALL:PRESENTATION OF MINUTES: AUDIENCE COMMUNICATION REPORTS FROM THE MAYOR AND OTHER CITY OFFICIALS
Communication from the Department of Finance, dated June 4, 2020, re: forwarding various financial statements of the City of Livonia as of March 31, 2020. CONSENT AGENDA
1. AWARD OF BID: Department of Parks & Recreation, re: for the Greenwood Park Playground Replacement, from budgeted funds.
2. REQUEST FOR APPROVAL OF THE 2020-21 COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT BLOCK GRANT PROGRAM (CDBG); ANNUAL ACTION PLAN DRAFT AND BUDGET; AND REQUEST TO APPROVE HOLD HARMLESS CONTRACTS BETWEEN THE CITY OF LIVONIA AND FIRST STEP, FAIR HOUSING CENTER OF METROPOLITAN DETROIT, WAYNE METROPOLITAN COMMUNITY ACTION AGENCY, CRUZ CLINIC, HEGIRA PROGRAMS, INC., STONEBROOK COUNSELING ASSOCIATES, PLLC, AND CITY OF LIVONIA DEPARTMENT OF COMMUNITY RESOURCES: Livonia Housing Commission, re: in connection with the operation of a domestic violence victim assistance program; for the purpose of providing fair housing; and for the mental health counseling program provided for through the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) programs for the 2020-2021 program year. (CR 46-20)
3. PROPOSED AMENDMENT TO ZONING ORDINANCE NO. 543, AS AMENDED: Department of Law, re: to amend Section 2.10 of Article II to make policy choices regarding the districts where medical marijuana facilities may be located. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
4. PROPOSED AMENDMENT TO THE LIVONIA CODE OF ORDINANCES: Department of Law, re: Petition 2020-02-03-01, submitted by Zeimet Wozniak & Associates, on behalf of Schoolcraft College, request to vacate a section of the existing water main easement within the Schoolcraft College campus, located on the east side of Haggerty Road between Six Mile and Seven Mile Roads (18600 Haggerty Road and 17950 College Parkway) in the Northwest ¼ and Southwest ¼ of Section 14. (CR 319-19)
5. PROPOSED AMENDMENT TO THE LIVONIA CODE OF ORDINANCES: Department of Law, re: Petition 2020-02-03-02, submitted by Woodhaven Retirement Community, request to determine whether or not to vacate a section of the existing water main easement located on the south side of Wentworth Avenue, west of Middlebelt Road (29667 Wentworth Avenue) in the Southeast ¼ of Section 14. (CR 62-20)
6. ROLL CALL: Proposed Amendment to the Livonia Code of Ordinances, as amended: Department of Law, re: to add Chapter 37 (Unsolicited Written Materials) to Title 8, to reduce litter and establish reasonable, predictable locations for the placement of unsolicited written materials on private property.First Reading given by Councilmember Jim Jolly on Monday, June 8, 2020.
7. ADOPTION OF A RESOLUTION PLACING SPECIAL ASSESSMENTS UPON REFERENCES PROPERTIES WHOSE OWNERS HAVE NOT PAID CHARGES CONNECTED WITH THE 2018 AND 2019 SIDEWALK PROGRAM, CONTRACT 18-G and 19-G, SINGLE LOT ASSESSMENTS: Office of the Treasurer, re: same. (CR 59-20, 23-19 and 101-18)
8. APPLICATION FOR AND TRANSFER OF INDUSTRIAL FACILITIES EXEMPTION CERTIFICATES: Kris Morris, Oakland Industries LLC, for a facility which will be primarily used as an office and warehouse location for Oakland Automation and Autotac, subsidiaries of Oakland Industries, located at 13107 Newburgh Rd Livonia, MI 48150. (Industrial Development Overlay District #110).Public Hearing held on June 1, 2020.
9. PROPOSED SPECIAL ASSESSMENT STREET LIGHTING PROJECT: Department of Assessment, re: for the Capri Court Site Condominiums, located West Farmington Road, South of Eight Mile Road, in the Northeast ¼ of Section 4. (Establishment of the Assessment Roll)Public Hearing held on June 1, 2020.
10. PROPOSED SPECIAL ASSESSMENT STREET LIGHTING PROJECT: Department of Assessment, re: for the Dover Court Site Condominiums, located south of Ann Arbor Trail, between Wayne Road and Norwich, in the Southwest ¼ of Section 33. (Establishment of the Assessment Roll)Public Hearing held on June 1, 2020. NEW BUSINESS
11. BLOCK PARTY: Collin Beurkle, re: to be held Saturday, July 4, 2020, from 3:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. on Roycroft, between Woodring and Loveland, with no rain date requested.
DATED: June 11, 2020
SUSAN M. NASH, CITY CLERK
In accordance with Title II of the American with Disabilities Act as it pertains to access to Public Meetings, the City Clerk’s Office of the City of Livonia, upon adequate notice, will make reasonable accommodations for persons with special needs. Please call (734) 466-2236 or email xd if you need assistance. Council agendas are available on the City’s website – www.livonia.gov - under Government, City Council, Agendas.