1901st Regular Meeting of the Council of the City of Livonia
Monday, July 20, 2020
7:00 p.m. - City Hall Auditorium
33000 Civic Center Drive
CALL TO ORDER:
PRESENTATION OF MINUTES:
REPORTS FROM THE MAYOR AND OTHER CITY OFFICIALS
a. Communication from the Department of Finance, dated June 19, 2020, re: various financial statements of the City of Livonia for the month ending April 30, 2020.
b. Communication from the Department of Finance, dated June 19, 2020, re: various financial statements of the City of Livonia for the month May 31, 2020.
c. Communication from the Department of Finance, dated June 22, 2020, re: forwarding Quarterly Investment Report for the City of Livonia as of May 31, 2020.
1. BLOCK PARTY: Mary Beth Morris, re: to be held Saturday, August 8, 2020, from 2:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. on Woodring Street, between Vermont and Oregon, with a rain date of Sunday, August 9, 2020.
2. REQUEST TO WAIVE THE CITY’S NOISE ORDINANCE: Julie Blackmer, re: to host cardio drumming exercise classes on Monday and Thursday evenings from 7:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. in the lot of St. Michael’s School located at 11311 Hubbard Street.
3. APPOINTMENT OF MELISSA KAROLAK TO THE LIVONIA BROWNFIELD REDEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY: Office of the Mayor, re: for a term which will expire on November 24, 2022.
4. REQUEST TO APPROVE AN INTERGOVERNMENTAL AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE CHARTER COUNTY OF WAYNE AND THE CITY OF LIVONIA: Department of Parks and Recreation, re: for the improvements at Botsford Pool and Clements Circle Park, with the proposed City’s participation to be $35,671.00, from budgeted funds.
5. REQUEST TO AUTHORIZE APPROPRIATION AND AMEND CONTRACT WITH GRANITE INLINER, LLC (f.k.a. LIQUI-FORCE SERVICES, INC.: Public Service Division, re: to provide payment for the required sewer system rehabilitation improvements and increase the not to exceed amount to $1,000,000.00 for fiscal year 2020, to cover two emergency sewer repairs, from the Unexpended Fund Balance of the Water and Sewer Fund.
6. SITE PLAN PETITION: Planning Commission, re: 2020-05-08-03 submitted by Soave Homes, to renovate the exterior façade of the building located on the west side of Farmington Road between Lyndon Avenue and Five Mile Road (15195 Farmington Road) in the Northeast ¼ of Section 21.
MEETINGS OF THE COMMITTEE
7. FINANCE AND BUDGET COMMITTEE – Meeting of June 24, 2020
a. Topic of Annual Reports. (CR 367-02)
b. Various subjects regarding City vehicles for report and recommendation. (CR 106-97, CR 35-97, CR 100-96, CR 20-96, CR 19-96, CR 18-96, CR 17-96 and CR 914-95 were incorporated into this resolution.) (Ref.: CR 574-98, CR 64-01, and CR 56-09)
c. Fleet Replacement Program for Fire and Rescue apparatus. (CR 282-02)
d. Renewal of the City’s Liability and Property Insurance Coverage. (CR 504-06 and CR 572-06)
e. Subject of creating various financial proposals/ alternatives to aid struggling properties for report and recommendation. (CR 598-06 and CR 613-07)
f. Subject of a Plan Administrator for the City’s 401(a) Defined Contribution Retirement Plan. (CR 457-07)
g. Subject of how the new Health Care Bill will affect the City of Livonia. (CR 92-10)
h. Subject of Plymouth Road Development Authority. (CR 72-18 and CR 339-10)
i. Subject of the Plymouth Road Development Authority (PRDA) 2011 Annual Report. (CR 170-12)
j. Subject of a review of the previous ten years roads millage for report and recommendation. (CR 163-12)
k. Subject of the proposed policy regarding the appropriate level and use of the General Fund balance for report and recommendation. (CR 71-13)
l. Subject of practices concerning water billing including waiver interest and penalties. (CR 150-13)
m. Subject of internal audits and/or periodical review of Departments and/or activities deemed of high risk for further decision. (CR 151-13)
8. PROPOSED AMENDMENT TO THE LIVONIA CODE OF ORDINANCES AS AMENDED: Department of Law, re: to add Section 225 and amend Section 230 of Chapter 04 (Streets and Sidewalks) of Title 12 to clarify the types of structures, specifically mailboxes, which may be installed in the easement or right-of-way along Livonia street and roads.
9. PROPOSED AMENDMENT TO ZONING ORDINANCE NO. 543, AS AMENDED: Department of Law, re: Petition 2020-02-01-02, submitted by Belaggio Homes, to rezone the northern 300.62 feet of property located on the north side of Seven Mile Road between Merriman Road and Osmus Avenue (31670 Seven Mile Road) in the Southeast ¼ of Section 3, from R-U-F (Rural Urban Farm – Minimum ½ Acre) to R-1 (One Family Residential – 60’ x 120’ Lots).
10. REQUEST TO APPROVE QUARTERLY BUDGET ADJUSTMENTS: Department
of Finance, re: for the first and second quarter of the 2020 Fiscal Year Budget.
11. REQUEST TO AUTHORIZE EXPENDITURE: Public Service Division, re: to enable payment to D’Angelo Brothers, Inc., for the emergency water main replacement on Surrey Road through the DPW Yard, from budgeted funds.
DATED: July 8, 2020
SUSAN M. NASH, CITY CLERK
In accordance with Title II of the American with Disabilities Act as it pertains to access to Public Meetings, the City Clerk’s Office of the City of Livonia, upon adequate notice, will make reasonable accommodations for persons with special needs. Please call (734) 466-2236 or email xd if you need assistance. Council agendas are available on the City’s website – www.livonia.gov - under Government, City Council, Agendas.