1904th Regular Meeting of the Council of the City of Livonia
Wednesday, September 9, 2020
CALL TO ORDER: INVOCATION:ROLL CALL:PRESENTATION OF MINUTES: AUDIENCE COMMUNICATION REPORTS FROM THE MAYOR AND OTHER CITY OFFICIALSCONSENT AGENDA
* Due to COVID-19, Livonia City Council meetings will not be held in the City Hall Auditorium
Live broadcast: AT&T Uverse Channel 99 / Spectrum Channel 203 /
WOW Channel 10 / YouTube.com/LivoniaTV
Connect on Zoom: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/822419226
or phone at (312) 626-6799, ID: 822 419 226
To participate, use the ‘Raise Hand’ button on Zoom or press *9 on your phone to be called on
1. REQUEST FOR APPROVAL OF APPROPRIATION AND EXPENDITURE AND AWARD OF CONTRACT: Department of Parks & Recreation, re: to execute a contract with WT Group for ADA facility audits and developing a Transition Plan, to improve accessibility in the City’s parks system, from budgeted funds to be reimbursed by grant funds from Healthy Livonia.
2. REQUEST FOR AUTHORIZATION TO PURCHASE ONE (1) 2021 FORD TRANSIT CONNECT VAN THROUGH THE STATE OF MICHIGAN BID PROCESS: Public Service Division, re: to replace a vehicle used by City Clerk’s Office, from budgeted funds.
3. REQUEST FOR ADDITIONAL APPROPRIATION AND EXPENDITURE: Public Service Division, re: for an additional annual amount of $30,000, increasing the not-to-exceed annual amount to $50,000, in order to provide as-needed environmental engineering services related to the City’s landfill, from budgeted funds. (CR 257-19)
4. AWARD OF CONTRACT: Public Service Division, re: using the Qualification-Based Selection (QBS) contract, with OHM Advisors, to provide professional engineering services to prepare the America’s Water Infrastructure Act of 2018 (AWIA) Risk & Resilience Assessment and Emergency Response Plan (ERP) as required by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). (CR 365-16) CONSENT AGENDA
5. REQUEST TO RELEASE ENTRANCE MARKERS /LANDSCAPING BOND AND MONUMENTS AND MARKERS BOND: Engineering Division, re: for the Livonia Manor II Site Condominium Development located at 31700 and 31750 Seven Mile Road, in the Southeast ¼ of Section 3. (CR 296-14)UNFINISHED BUSINESS MEETINGS OF THE COMMITTEE
6. FINANCE AND BUDGET COMMITTEE – Meeting of Monday, August 10, 2020 a. Subject matter of Advance Budget Reviews Fiscal Year 2020-2021 Pre-Budget Meeting. (CR 161-12)
b. Subject matter of Five-Year Budget Process. (CR 22-06)
7. COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE – Meeting of Wednesday, August 19, 2020
Request from Robert Trenkle and Elizabeth Pizzo, 29568 MacIntyre and Gina Nguyen, 29525 Robert, for a proposed lot split and combination of the property located at the Northwest corner of Robert and MacIntyre Avenues, (29568 MacIntyre, 29551 Robert and 29525 Robert) and to waive the lot depth and area for proposed Parcel 1. (Petition 2019-09-LS-18) (CR 402-19)
8. REQUEST FOR RELEASE OF OBLIGATION AND TERMINATION OF CONTRACT WITH SIMPLE RECYCLING: Public Service Division, re: to be released from contracted $0.01 per pound payment to the City of Livonia for March, April and May, 2020 and termination of contractual per pound payment from June 1, 2020 through August 12, 2023, due to operational challenges related to COVID-19. (CR 270-19) NEW BUSINESS
9. REQUEST TO APPROVE RESOLUTION TO CONCUR WITH INDUSTRIAL PRETREATMENT PROGRAM (IPP): Public Service Division, re: as required by the Great Lakes Water Authority (GLWA) to regulate the discharge of commercial and industrial wastewater.
10. REQUEST TO APPROVE SETTLEMENT: Department of Law, re: Christopher Lee Murray-Bey v City of Livonia, et al, US District Court Case No. 14-13743. AUDIENCE COMMUNICATION
DATED: August 26, 2020
SUSAN M. NASH, CITY CLERK
In accordance with Title II of the American with Disabilities Act as it pertains to access to Public Meetings, the City Clerk’s Office of the City of Livonia, upon adequate notice, will make reasonable accommodations for persons with special needs. Please call (734) 466-2236 or email xd
if you need assistance. Council agendas are available on the City’s website – www.livonia.gov - under Government, City Council, Agendas.