STUDY MEETING OF OCTOBER 5, 2020
8:00 p.m. AUDIENCE COMMUNICATION NEW BUSINESS
* Due to COVID-19, Livonia City Council meetings will not be held in the City Hall Auditorium
Live broadcast: AT&T Uverse Channel 99 / Spectrum Channel 203 /
WOW Channel 10 / YouTube.com/LivoniaTV
Connect on Zoom: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/822419226 or phone at (312) 626-6799, ID: 822 419 226
To participate, use the ‘Raise Hand’ button on Zoom or press *9 on your phone to be called on
1. BLOCK PARTY: Christina Engler, re: to be held Saturday, October 31, 2020, from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. on Wisconsin Street, between Hubbard and Colorado, with no rain date requested.
2. AWARD OF CONTRACT: Department of Public Works, re: for the 2021-2022 Right-of-Way Section Street Tree Trimming/Emergency Response and Emergency Removal Program, with a two-year possible extension, from budgeted funds.
3. REQUEST TO APPROVE CONTRACT WITH TIVITY HEALTH: Parks and Recreation; re: to provide Silver Sneaker memberships at the Jack E. Kirksey Recreation Center for eligible senior participants.
4. REQUEST TO BECOME A CERTIFIED GOVERNMENT (CLG) THROUGH THE MICHIGAN STATE HISTORIC PRESERVATION OFFICE (MSHPO): Historic Preservation Commission; re: to promote historic preservation and qualify the City of Livonia to apply to MSHPO for grants set aside exclusively for CLGs.
5. WAIVER PETITION: Planning Commission, re: Petition 2020-07-02-06, submitted by Ed Buison, re: to operate a limited service restaurant with drive-up window facilities (Biggby Coffee) within the Livonia Crossroads retail center, located on the southeast corner of Middlebelt and Plymouth Road (11502 Middlebelt Road) in the Northwest ¼ of Section 36.
6. WAIVER PETITION: Planning Commission, re: Petition 2020-08-02-07 submitted by Matthew Petrocy, on behalf of Mt. Hope Memorial Gardens Cemetery, re: to construct a mausoleum in the cemetery located on the east side of Middlebelt Road between Six Mile Road and Pickford Avenue (17840 Middlebelt Road) in the Southwest ¼ of Section 12.
7. REQUEST FOR AUTHORIZATION TO ENTER INTO A MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING BETWEEN THE CITY OF LIVONIA AND GROWTH WORKS, INC: Department of Law, re: to provide improved services for the Youth Assistance Diversion Program, providing a savings to the City, funding to be provided by the State of Michigan (MDHHS Child Care Fund) and Wayne County millage funds administered by the Conference of Western Wayne.
For the 1,907th
Regular Meeting of October 19, 2020
DATED: September 29, 2020
SUSAN M. NASH, CITY CLERK
In accordance with Title II of the American with Disabilities Act as it pertains to access to Public Meetings, the City Clerk’s Office of the City of Livonia, upon adequate notice, will make reasonable accommodations for persons with special needs. Please call (734) 466-2236 or email email@example.com
if you need assistance.Council agendas are available on the City’s website – www.livonia.gov - under Government, City Council, Agendas.