STUDY MEETING OF OCTOBER 19, 2020
* Due to COVID-19, Livonia City Council meetings will not be held in the City Hall Auditorium
Live broadcast: AT&T Uverse Channel 99 / Spectrum Channel 203 /
WOW Channel 10 / YouTube.com/LivoniaTV
Connect on Zoom: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/822419226 or phone at (312) 626-6799, ID: 822 419 226
To participate, use the ‘Raise Hand’ button on Zoom or press *9 on your phone to be called on
1. BLOCK PARTY: Katie Adams, re: to be held Saturday, November 21, 2020, from 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. on Dover Street, between Parent and Hees, with no rain date requested.
2. REQUEST TO SELECT AND APPROVE TWO REPRESENTATIVES TO MICHIGAN MUNICIPAL SERVICES AUTHORITY (MMSA): Office of the Mayor, re: from the nominations of Kathleen Lomako and Councilmembers Jim Jolly and Brandon McCullough to serve as Livonia’s representatives on the Authority’s Board.
3. REQUEST FOR AUTHORIZATION TO PURCHASE ONE (1) 2021 FORD F-150 4 X 4 SUPER CAB XLT PICK-UP TRUCK THROUGH THE STATE OF MICHIGAN BID PROCESS: Public Service Division, re: to replace vehicle used by Roads Section, from budgeted funds.
4. REQUEST TO AUTHORIZE EXPENDITURE: Public Service Division, re: to enable payment to Wolverine Commercial Furnishings for the emergency installation of City-wide COVID Screening and shields within all City-owned facilities to complete the safety concerns with reopening of City buildings.
5. AUDIT REPORT: Livonia Housing Commission, re: for the fiscal year ending December 31, 2019, excluding Silver Village, Newburgh Village, the Community Development Block Grant Program, and single-family City-Owned properties.
6. REQUEST TO EXECUTE A NEW THREE YEAR CONTRACT BETWEEN THE CITY OF LIVONIA AND THE COUNTY OF WAYNE FOR HOUSING REHABILITATION PROGRAM FUNDING AND HOMEBUYER ASSISTANCE FUNDING; AND REQUST TO AUTHORIZE THE DIRECTOR OF HOUSING TO APPROVE THE 2021 THROUGH 2023 HOME CONTRACT FUNDING: Livonia Housing Commission, re: to extend the City's participation in the Wayne County Home Investment Partnership Consortia from July 1, 2021 through June 30, 2024, with an average annual allocation of $100,000.00 to the City of Livonia. (CR 168-18, CR 08-15, CR 397-12, CR 323-12, CR 196-11, and CR 213-09)
7. REQUEST TO EXECUTE AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE CITY OF LIVONIA AND THE SUBURBAN MOBILITY AUTHORITY FOR REGIONAL TRANSPORTATION (SMART): Livonia Housing Commission, re: to allow Livonia Community Transit Program to receive the FTA 5310: Enhanced Mobility of Seniors and Individuals with Disabilities grant in the amount of $48,522.00 and to authorize the City of Livonia to provide matching funds of $24,261.00, from budgeted funds.
8. REQUEST FOR ADDITIONAL EXPENDITURE: Engineering Division; re: to authorize a budget transfer of $75,020 from Contract 20-A, 2020 Asphalt Repair Program to Contract 20-J, Concrete Road Program – Maintenance, for the additional work necessary in Section 19 and to close out the contract with L. Anthony Construction, Inc. (CR 106-20)
9. WAIVER PETITION: Planning Commission, re: Petition 2020-08-02-08 submitted by GMRI, Inc., to utilize an SDM liquor license (sale of packaged beer and wine) in connection with the operations of an existing full-service restaurant (Olive Garden) located on the east side of Middlebelt Road between Schoolcraft Road and Lyndon Avenue (14000 Middlebelt Road) in the Southwest ¼ of Section 24.
For the 1,908th Regular Meeting of November 4, 2020
DATED: October 15, 2020
SUSAN M. NASH, CITY CLERK
In accordance with Title II of the American with Disabilities Act as it pertains to access to Public Meetings, the City Clerk’s Office of the City of Livonia, upon adequate notice, will make reasonable accommodations for persons with special needs. Please call (734) 466-2236 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance. Council agendas are available on the City’s website – www.livonia.gov - under Government, City Council, Agendas.