1909th Regular Meeting of the Council of the City of Livonia
Monday, November 16, 2020
* Due to COVID-19, Livonia City Council meetings will not be held in the City Hall Auditorium
Live broadcast: AT&T Uverse Channel 99 / Spectrum Channel 203 /
WOW Channel 10 / YouTube.com/LivoniaTV
Connect on Zoom: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/822419226 or phone at (312) 626-6799, ID: 822 419 226
To participate, use the ‘Raise Hand’ button on Zoom or press *9 on your phone to be called on
CALL TO ORDER
INVOCATION/PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
PRESENTATION OF MINUTES
REPORTS FROM THE MAYOR AND OTHER CITY
1) REQUEST FOR ONEYEAR EXTENSION OF MAINTENANCE AGREEMENT WITH NEXGEN E911: Division of Police, re: for maintenance of our NexGen E-911 system for the period of 06/15/2020 to 06142021. From budgeted funds.
2) REQUEST TO APPROVE INCREASE IN COMPENSATION FOR THE SUPERINTENDENT OF PARKS AND RECREATION: Department of Civil Service, re: to be in the same compensation range as other Directors in the City.
3) REQUEST TO APPROVE INCREASE IN COMPENSATION FOR THE ASSISTANT SUPERINTENDENT OF PARKS AND RECREATION: Department of Civil Service, re: to be within the same range as the Assistant Planning Director.
4) REQUEST TO RENEW THE CITY’S LIABILITY AND PROPERTY INSURANCE COVERAGE: Department of Finance, re: with the Michigan Municipal Risk Management Authority (MMRMA) for the period from December 1, 2020 to November 30, 2022.
5) REQUEST APPROVAL OF BUDGET ADJUSTMENTS FOR FISCAL YEAR ENDING NOVEMBER 30, 2020: Department of Finance, re: for additional contribution to the VEBA Fund and the Building Improvement Capital Projects Funds (418).
6) REQUEST TO ACCEPT QUOTATION FOR WORKERS' COMPENSATION INSURANCE: Department of Finance, re: with The ASU Group, to provide claims administration services and with Midwest Employers Casualty Company to provide excess insurance coverage when losses from any one claim reaches $600,000, for the period from December 1, 2020 to November 30,
7) REQUEST FOR AUTHORIZATION TO PURCHASE ONE (1) 2021 FREIGHTLINER, CAB AND CHASSIS TO BE BUILT AS A VACTOR TRUCK, THROUGH THE SOURCEWELL (FORMERLY NJPA) PURCHASING AGREEMENT: Public Service Division, re: a replacement vehicle to be used by the Water and Sewer Departments, from budgeted funds.
8) REQUEST TO AMEND CONTRACT WITH OHM ADVISORS AND AUTHORIZE APPROPRIATION AND EXPENDITURE: Engineering Division, re: for the 2021 Drinking Water State Revolving Fund (DWSRF) water main projects, Project 745301, to provide engineering design, administration and soils investigation services, from budgeted funds. (CR 365-16).
9) REQUEST TO RESCIND COUNCIL RESOLUTION 230-20 WHICH ACCEPTED A PUBLIC UTILITY EASEMENT FOR SANITARY SEWER EASEMENT AT 31800 ENTERPRISE DRIVE IN THE SOUTH 1/2 OF SECTION 27 AND HAVE THE UTILITY SERVICE REMAIN PRIVATE: Engineering Division, re: request from the owner, Livonia Estates Ltd. for the sanitary sewer to
10) REQUEST TO RESCIND COUNCIL RESOLUTION 231-20 WHICH ACCEPTED A PUBLIC UTILITY EASEMENT FOR SANITARY SEWER EASEMENT AT 11870 HUBBARD ROAD IN THE SOUTH 1/2 OF SECTION 27 AND HAVE THE UTILITY SERVICE REMAIN PRIVATE: Engineering Division, re: request from the owner, Livonia Estates Ltd. for the sanitary sewer to
MEETINGS OF THE COMMITTEE
11) CAPITAL OUTLAY & INFRASTRUCTURE COMMITTEE Meeting of Monday, November 2, 2020 Subject matter of the emergency sewer repair and/or replacement along Edgewood Street and future costs related thereto (CR 247-20)
12) ROLL CALL: Proposed Amendment to the Livonia Code of Ordinances, as amended: Department of Law, re: to add Chapter 09 (Department of Governmental Affairs) of Title 2, to create and establish a department responsible for supporting the City of Livonia’s governmental agenda. First Reading given by Council Vice President Scott Bahr on Wednesday, November 4, 2020.
13) ROLL CALL: Proposed Amendment to the Livonia Code of Ordinances, as amended: Department of Law, re: to amend Sections 010, 020 and 030 of Chapter 2.10 (Department of the Office of the City Council) to Title 2, to establish the responsibilities of Administration in the City Council office. First Reading given by Council Vice President Scott Bahr on Wednesday, November 4, 2020.
14) ROLL CALL: Proposed Amendment to the Livonia Code of Ordinances, as amended: Department of Law, re: to amend Sections 020 and 030 of Chapter 2.10 (Department of Legislative Affairs) to Title 2, to establish the responsibilities of the Director of Legislative Affairs and the Administrator in the City Council office. First Reading given by Councilmember Jim Jolly on Wednesday, November 4, 2020.
15) PROPOSED AMENDMENT TO ZONING ORDINANCE NO. 543, AS AMENDED: Department of Law, re: Petition 2020-07-01-03 submitted by Leo Soave Building Company, Inc, for a change of zoning of property located on the south side of Lyndon Avenue between Newburgh and Hix Roads (37855 Lyndon Avenue), in the Southeast ¼ of Section 19, from PL (Public Land) to R1 (One Family Residential).
16) REQUEST TO AMEND COUNCIL RESOLUTION 256-20: Department of Law, re: Petition 2019-09-LS-18, for a lot split and combination for the properties located at the Southwest corner of Robert and MacIntyre Avenues, in the Northeast ¼ of Section 35, (29568 MacIntyre, 29551 Robert and 29525 Robert) Parcel Nos. 46137010307000, 46137010305000 and 46137010306000.
17) BLOCK PARTY: Katie Adams, re: to be held Saturday, November 21, 2020, from 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. on Dover Street, between Parent and Hees, with no rain date requested.
18) PROPOSED 2021 CITY COUNCIL MEETING SCHEDULE: City Council President Kathleen E. McIntyre, re: in accordance with the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, 1976 P.A. 267, as amended.
SUSAN M. NASH, CITY CLERK
In accordance with Title II of the American with Disabilities Act as it pertains to access to Public Meetings, the City Clerk’s Office of the City of Livonia, upon adequate notice, will make reasonable accommodations for persons with special needs. Please call (734) 466-2236 or email xd if you need assistance. Council agendas are available on the City’s website – www.ci.livonia.gov under Government, City Council, Agendas.