Study Meeting of the Council of the City of Livonia
Monday, November 16, 2020
* Due to COVID19, Livonia City Council meetings will not
be held in the City Hall Auditorium
Live broadcast: AT&T Uverse Channel 99 / Spectrum Channel 203 /
WOW Channel 10 / YouTube.com/LivoniaTV
Connect on Zoom: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/822419226
or phone at (312) 6266799, ID: 822 419 226
To participate, use the ‘Raise Hand’ button on Zoom or press *9 on your phone to be called onNEW BUSINESS
1) REQUEST TO EXTEND WAIVER USE APPROVAL TO NEW OWNER: Yangkai Yuan; re: to operate a massage establishment (Omorfia Esthetics) within the Burton Hollow Shopping Center located on the east side of Farmington Road between Six Mile Road and Curtis Avenue (17142 Farmington Road), Section 10. (CR 70-20)
2) REQUEST TO APPROVE THE BUILDING OF AN ICE RINK WITHIN DOVER PARK: Louis Csizmadia; re: to construct a 50ft x 80ft ice rink with lights for use by the public.
3) REQUEST ADOPTION OF A RESOLUTION THAT APPROVES THE WAYNE COUNTY HAZARD MITIGATION PLAN DATED SEPTEMBER 14, 2020: Sgt. Brian Kahn, Director of Emergency Preparedness, re: for a period of five (5) years in order to receive funds made available through certain mitigation grant programs, pursuant to the Code of Federal Regulations, Title 44, Chapter 1, Subchapter D, Part 201, Section 201.6.c.5 which has been approved for implementation from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA).
4) REQUEST FOR COUNCIL APPROVAL ON A PROPOSED LOT SPLIT: Department of Assessment, re: for the property located on the east side Merriman Road, between West Chicago and Plymouth Roads in the Northwest 1/4 of Section 35 (113-16) Merriman) and to waive the property depth to width ratio. (Tax Item 138990058000) (Petition 2020-09-LS-04)
5) REQUEST TO AUTHORIZE BUILDING PLANS SCANNED INTO ELECRONIC MEDIA AND AUTHORIZE EXPENDITURE: Department of Inspection, re: under State of Michigan Scanning and Microfilm Services extended purchasing program, to avoid losing the paper history files due to unfortunate events.
6) REQUEST TO APPROVE PURCHASE OF ONE (1) 2020 LIFE LINE TYPE1 SUPERLINER AMBULANCE ON A 2020 FORD F450 XLT CHASSIS THROUGH THE HOUSTON GALVESTON AREA COUNCIL (HGACBUY)COOPERATIVE PURCHASING CONSORTIUM: Livonia Fire and Rescue, re: to replace a current frontline ambulance, from trade in of 2006 Freightliner Ambulance and budgeted funds. (CR 61-17)
7) REQUEST TO RENEW A FIVE-YEAR SERVICE AGREEMENT: Public Service Division, re: with Sensus USA, with an automatic five-year extension, to provide software and equipment to obtain remote water meter reads.
8) REQUEST TO ACCEPT STORM WATER FACILITIES MAINTENANCE AGREEMENT: Engineering Division, re: from MCM 12001 Farmington, LLC, in conjunction with the construction of a storm drainage system that provides adequate drainage for property developed at 11999 and 12001 Farmington Road, in the Southeast 1/4 of Section 28.
9) REQUEST TO APPROVE 2021 ROAD REPAIR PROGRAM: Engineering Division, re: as reviewed by the Citizen Advisory Committee on roads for the ninth year of the ten-year paving millage approved by Livonia residents.
10) REQUEST FOR ADDITIONS TO THE LOCAL STREET SYSTEM FOR THE 2021 ACT 51 COMPUTATIONS: Engineering Division, re: for streets or portions thereof, newly opened in 2020.
11) REQUEST TO AMEND THE ENGINEERING CONTRACT THROUGH THE QUALIFICATION BASED SELECTION (QBS) PROCESS WITH ANDERSON, ECKSTEIN AND WESTRICK, INC. FOR DESIGN ENGINEERING SERVICES FOR THE 2021 CONCRETE ROAD PROGRAM (CONTRACT 21C): Engineering Division, re: same (CR 365-16)
12) REQUEST TO AMEND THE ENGINEERING CONTRACT THROUGH THE QUALIFICATION BASED SELECTION (QBS) PROCESS WITH ANDERSON, ECKSTEIN AND WESTRICK, INC. FOR DESIGN ENGINEERING SERVICES FOR THE 2021 CONCRETE ROAD MAINTENANCE/SELECTIVE SLAB PROGRAM (CONTRACT 21J): Engineering Division, re: same (CR 365-16)
13) PROPOSED AMENDMENT TO THE LIVONIA CODE OF ORDINANCES, AS AMENDED: Department of Law, re: to amend Section 070 of Chapter 2.36 (Commission on Aging), Section 040 of Chapter 2.40 (Arts Commission), Section 040 of Chapter 2.44 (Commission on Children and Youth), Section 020 of Chapter 2.52 (Historical Commission), and Section 080 of Chapter 2.56 (Historic Preservation Commission), to reflect departmental changes.AUDIENCE COMMUNICATION
For the 1910th Regular Meeting of December 2, 2020SUSAN M. NASH, CITY CLERKIn accordance with Title II of the American with Disabilities Act as it pertains to access to Public Meetings, the City Clerk’s Office of the City of Livonia, upon adequate notice, will make reasonable accommodations for persons with special needs. Please call (734) 466-2236 or email xd if you need assistance. Council agendas are available on the City’s website – www.ci.livonia.gov under Government, City Council, Agendas.