Study Meeting of the Council of the City of Livonia
Wednesday, January 6, 2021
* Due to COVID-19, Livonia City Council meetings will not be held in the
City Hall Auditorium
Live broadcast: AT&T Uverse Channel 99 / Spectrum Channel 203 /
WOW Channel 10 / YouTube.com/LivoniaTV
Connect on Zoom: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/822419226
or phone at (312) 626-6799, ID: 822 419 226
To participate, use the ‘Raise Hand’ button on Zoom
or press *9on your phone to be called on
1) REQUEST FOR CONSIDERATION OF PROPOSED ORDINANCE AMENDMENT: Steve Johnson, re: to require all animals be held on a leash when off the owner's property with exceptions at the City dog park, within a confined area, or a Police K-9 Unit.
2) TAX RATE REQUEST FOR THE WAYNE COUNTY ART INSTITUTE AUTHORITY FOR THE YEAR 2020: Office of the City Clerk, re: to set the rate of tax to be levied and requesting that it be collected as a winter tax.
3) TAX RATE REQUEST FOR THE WAYNE COUNTY ZOOLOGICAL AUTHORITY FOR THE YEAR 2020: Office of the City Clerk, re: to set the rate of tax to be levied and requesting that it be collected as a winter tax.
4) TAX RATE REQUEST FOR THE HURON CLINTON METROPOLITAN AUTHORITY FOR THE YEAR 2020: Office of the City Clerk, re: to set the rate of tax to be levied and requesting that it be collected as a winter tax.
5) REQUEST TO APPROVE SALARY AND FRINGE BENEFIT ADJUSTMENTS FOR THE CLASSIFICATION OF FIRE CHIEF AND DEPUTY CHIEF: Civil Service Division, re: for the period of December 1, 2018 through November 30, 2021.
6) REQUEST TO APPROVE LOCATION AND SCHEDULE OF DATES AND TIMES FOR THE 2021 BOARD OF REVIEW MEETINGS, AS WELL AS COMPENSATION RATES FOR MEMBERS: Department of Assessment, re: per the requirements of State of Michigan Statute MCL 211.30.
7) REQUEST TO APPROVE PURCHASE OF MAC GYM FLOORING THROUGH THE SOURCEWELL PURCHASING PROGRAM: Department of Parks and Recreation, re: to replace the existing MAC flooring, from budgeted funds.
8) REQUEST TO AUTHORIZE PURCHASE OF A DELL POWERSTORE 1000T SAN: Information Systems Department, re: to increase storage capacity, from budgeted funds.
9) REQUEST TO AUTHORIZE PURCHASE OF A DELL DATA DOMAIN DD6900: Information Systems Department; re: to increase backup storage system capacity, from budgeted funds.
10) REQUEST TO APPROVE THE ESTABLISHMENT OF IMPROVEMENT BONDS: Engineering Division, re: to assure the installation of public improvements at Livonia Manor III Site Condominium, located on the north side of Seven Mile Road, between Canterbury Avenue and Shrewsbury Drive in the Southeast 1/4 of Section 3. (CR 272-20)
11) VACATING REQUEST: Engineering Division, re: to vacate a public utility easement within the 18th St. Development, located at 39000 Seven Mile Road. Parcel I.D. No. 46-023-99-0001-004.
12) WAIVER PETITION: Planning Commission, re: Petition 2020-11-02-10 submitted by LS Equity L.L.C. requesting to re-develop the commercial shopping center (Shoppes of Livonia), including demolishing a portion of the existing building, constructing a full-service restaurant with drive-thru facilities (Chick-fil-A), constructing an addition and renovating the exterior façade of the existing building, and constructing a multi-tenant retail building with drive-thru facilities, located on the north side of Plymouth Road between Haller Avenue and Middlebelt Road (29250-29350 Plymouth Road) in the Southwest ¼ of Section 25.
13) SITE PLAN PETITION: Planning Commission, re: Petition 2020-11-08-07 submitted by Adams Park Development, L.L.C., requesting to develop a site condominium (Adams Park) consisting of thirty-nine (39) single-family homes on the properties located on the south side of Lyndon Avenue between Inkster and Middlebelt Roads (14416 Harrison Avenue and 28201 Lyndon Avenue, former Adams Elementary School site) in the Southeast ¼ of Section 24.AUDIENCE COMMUNICATION
For the Regular Meeting of January 13, 2021
SUSAN M. NASH, CITY CLERK
In accordance with Title II of the American with Disabilities Act as it pertains to access to Public Meetings, the City Clerk’s Office of the City of Livonia, upon adequate notice, will make reasonable accommodations for persons with special needs. Please call (734) 466-2236 or email xd if you need assistance. Council agendas are available on the City’s website – www.livonia.gov - under Government, City Council, Agendas.