1914th Regular Meeting of the Council of the City of Livonia
Monday, February 8, 2021
* Due to COVID-19, Livonia City Council meetings will not be held in the City Hall Auditorium
Live broadcast: AT&T Uverse Channel 99 / Spectrum Channel 203 /
WOW Channel 10 / YouTube.com/LivoniaTV
Connect on Zoom: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/822419226 or phone at (312) 626-6799, ID: 822 419 226
To participate, use the ‘Raise Hand’ button on Zoom or press *9 on your phone to be called on
CALL TO ORDER
INVOCATION/PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
PRESENTATION OF MINUTES
Minutes of the 1913th Regular Meeting of January 25, 2021
REPORTS FROM THE MAYOR AND OTHER CITY OFFICIALS
Communication from the Department of Finance, dated January 8, 2021, re: forwarding Quarterly Investment Report for the City of Livonia as of November 30, 2020.
1) REQUEST TO WAIVE THE SIDEWALK REQUIREMENT: Ronald Emling, re: for the industrial building to be constructed at 34422 Rosati Drive.
2) REQUEST TO WAIVE THE FORMAL BIDDING PROCESS AND ENTER INTO A THREE YEAR AGREEMENT WITH ARX INC.: Division of Police, re: to provide an updated, accurate data dashboard to work in conjunction with CLEMIS, from budgeted funds.
3) REQUEST TO WAIVE THE FORMAL BIDDING PROCESS AND AUTHORIZE PURCHASE OF TRUNARC THERMO SCIENTIFIC CHEMICAL ANALYZER: Division of Police, re: to replace outdated narcotic field test pouches, from budgeted funds.
4) REQUEST TO EXECUTE 2021 AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE CITY OF LIVONIA AND THE SUBURBAN MOBILITY AUTHORITY FOR REGIONAL TRANSPORTATION (SMART): Livonia Housing Commission, re: to allow Livonia Community Transit Program to receive the Municipal and Community Credits in the amount of $95,342.00.
5) REQUEST TO EXECUTE CORONAVIRUS AID, RELIEF, AND ECONOMIC SECURITY ACT FUNDING AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE CITY OF LIVONIA AND THE SUBURBAN MOBILITY AUTHORITY FOR REGIONAL TRANSPORTATION (SMART): Livonia Housing Commission, re: to allow Livonia Community Transit Program to receive the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act grant in the amount of $75,270.00.
6) REQUEST TO AUTHORIZE ADDITIONAL APPROPRIATION AND EXPENDITURE: Department of Public Works, re: to perform preventative maintenance along with emergency repairs of the sanitary sewer system, for an additional $650,000 and increase the not to exceed amount to $1,000,000. (CR 407-17)
7) REQUEST TO APPROVE FUNDING FOR PHASE I OF THE ENGINEERING DESIGN AND CONTRACTOR BIDDING PROCESS: Department of Public Works, re: to facilitate the project of installing a Pressure Reducing Valve on a 12-inch water main at Eight Mile and Ellen Drive in the amount of $32,100.00. (CR 365-16)
8) AWARD OF BID: Public Service Division, re: for Aggregates (road gravel, slag and stone) for the City’s 2021 calendar year requirements, from budgeted funds.
9) AWARD OF BID: Public Service Division, re: for fleet maintenance garage electrical system removal and replacement, from budgeted funds.
10) REQUEST TO APPROVE ANNUAL RENEWAL OF SOFTWARE LICENSING AND MAINTENANCE FROM SOLE SOURCE PROVIDER: Public Service Division, re: with Azteca Systems LLC for the DPW work management system for the period of March 1, 2021 through February 28, 2022, includes Cityworks Online, from budgeted funds.
11) REQUEST FOR AUTHORIZATION TO PURCHASE FIVE (5) EXMARK LAZER S-SERIES 749 MOWERS THROUGH THE SOURCEWELL AND STATE OF MICHIGAN BID PROCESS; Public Service Division, re: from budgeted funds.
12) REQUEST FOR AUTHORIZATION TO PURCHASE FIVE (5) JOHN DEERE TURF VEHICLES WITH UTILITY ATTACHMENTS THROUGH THE STATE OF MICHIGAN BID PROCESS: Public Service Division, re: for park maintenance equipment, from budgeted funds.
13) REQUEST FOR COUNCIL TO SET A DATE FOR THE PURPOSE OF ADOPTING A RESOLUTION PLACING SPECIAL ASSESSMENTS UPON REFERENCED PROPERTIES WHOSE OWNERS HAVE NOT PAID CHARGES CONNECTED WITH THE 2020 SIDEWALK PROGRAM, CONTRACT 20-G, SINGLE LOT ASSESSMENTS: Engineering Division, re: same. (CR 123-20)
14) REQUEST TO ENTER INTO A DEVELOPMENT AGREEMENT WITH LIVONIA WEST COMMERCE CENTER 2, LLC: Department of Planning, re: for providing certain terms and conditions on the re-use and maintenance of 12950 Eckles Road, pursuant to authorization established by Revitalizing Auto Communities Environmental Response (RACER) Trust under a Settlement Agreement in U.S. Bankruptcy Court. (CR 379-20)
15) PROPOSED AMENDMENT TO ZONING ORDINANCE NO. 543, AS AMENDED: Department of Law, re: Petition 2020-09-06-02, to amend Section 31.03 - Uses Permitted, to expand the list of permitted uses to include beneficial forest management practices, such as the removal of invasive species, and selective trail construction in accordance with the City’s Master Parks and Recreation Plan and nonmotorized transportation plan, Livonia Bike Walk. (CR 12-21)
16) REQUEST TO WAIVE THE CITY’S NOISE ORDINANCE: Victoria and Denise Gorans, re: to host a country music performance with sound system in the back yard of their home located at 32915 Illinois Street, on Friday, April 30, 2021 from 6:30 p.m. to approximately 7:45 p.m.
17) ACCEPTANCE OF GRANT OF EASEMENT: Department of Law, re: for water main secured without monetary consideration from Livonia Distribution Center, 12200 Middlebelt Road, in the Southwest 1/4 of Section 25. Parcel ID #46-099-99-0001-001.
X1) REQUEST FOR DESIGNATION AS A NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATION: Veronica Cruz, Chair, Livonia Kids & Family, re: as required by the State of Michigan to obtain a Charitable Gaming License to allow raffle fundraisers in the future.
SUSAN M. NASH, CITY CLERK
In accordance with Title II of the American with Disabilities Act as it pertains to access to Public Meetings, the City Clerk’s Office of the City of Livonia, upon adequate notice, will make reasonable accommodations for persons with special needs. Please call (734) 466-2236 or email email@example.com if you need assistance. Council agendas are available on the City’s website – www.livonia.gov - under Government, City Council, Agendas.