Study Meeting of the Council of the City of Livonia
Monday, April 12, 2021
* Due to COVID-19, Livonia City Council meetings will not be held in the City Hall Auditorium
Live broadcast: AT&T Uverse Channel 99 / Spectrum Channel 203 / WOW Channel 10 / YouTube.com/LivoniaTV Connect on Zoom: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/822419226 or phone at (312) 626-6799, ID: 822 419 226
o participate, use the ‘Raise Hand’ button on Zoom or press *9 on your phone to be called on
1. BLOCK PARTY: Holly Malewski, re: to be held Friday, July 23, 2021, from 4:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. on Marsha Street, between Houghton Drive and 16217 Marsha Street, with a rain date of Friday, July 30, 2021.
2. REQUEST TO WAIVE THE FORMAL BIDDING PROCESS AND AUTHORIZE PURCHASE OF BRYX STATION ALERTING SYSTEM: Livonia Fire & Rescue, re: to provide a cutting-edge technological enhancement in the delivery of dispatch information by automating the dispatch process, from budgeted funds.
3. REQUEST TO RENEW SOFTWARE MAINTENANCE AGREEMENT WITH SOLE SOURCE PROVIDER: Department of Information Systems, re: with ESRI, Inc., for the City's Geographic Information System (GIS) for a period of one year, from budgeted funds.
4. REQUEST TO WAIVE THE FORMAL BIDDING PROCESS AND AUTHORIZE PURCHASE OF FURNITURE: Livonia Public Library, re: to replace furniture at the Bennett Civic Center Library, from budgeted funds.
5. REQUEST TO EXTEND CONTRACT WITH CRIMBOLI NURSERY: Public Service Division, re: for the planting of 500 Right-of-Way and 100 Park trees, utilizing 2020 pricing, with a one-year extension, from budgeted funds. (CR 54-20)
6. REQUEST FOR AUTHORIZATION TO PURCHASE ONE (1) 10-PASSENGER TRANSIT VAN UTILIZING THE STATE OF MICHIGAN AND MACOMB COUNTY CONSORTIUM BID PRICING: Public Service Division, re: to replace a current van, from budgeted funds.
7. REQUEST FOR AUTHORIZATION TO PURCHASE TWO (2) TRAILER MOUNTED LEAF VACUUMS THROUGH THE MI DEAL STATE BID PROCESS: Public Service Division, re: to replace two current units, from budgeted funds.
8. REQUEST FOR AUTHORIZATION TO PURCHASE TWO (2) 15" DRUM STYLE BRUSH CHIPPERS THROUGH THE STATE OF MICHIGAN BID PROCESS: Public Service Division, re: to be used by the Roads department, from funds budgeted in the 2020-2021 Refuse Fund.
9. REQUEST FOR AUTHORIZATION TO PURCHASE ONE (1) TRAILER MOUNTED ASPHALT HOTBOX THROUGH THE NATIONAL COOPERATIVE PURCHASE ALLIANCE: Public Service Division, re: for use by the Roads Department, from budgeted funds.
10. REQUEST TO EXTEND CONTRACT WITH ETNA SUPPLY COMPANY, THE SOLE SOURCE PROVIDER OF SENSUS METERS IN MICHIGAN: Public Service Division, re: for water meters and supplies in an amount not to exceed $1,500,000.00 annually, for a two-year extension. (CR 90-16)
11. REQUEST FOR ADDITIONAL EXPENDITURE: Engineering Division, re: for the installation of a traffic signal mast arm and the signal work at the intersection of Highway Old M-14 (Plymouth Road) and Tech Center Drive (CR 335-19)
12. REQUEST TO WAIVE THE FORMAL BIDDING PROCESS AND AUTHORIZATION FOR APPROPRIATION AND EXPENDITURE: Engineering Division, re: for the 2021 Livonia DPW Parking Lot Improvement Project, as part of the City's long-term program to fix safety issues in existing parking lots utilizing pricing established with the award of Contract 21-A to Nagle Paving Company, Inc. from budgeted funds.
13. WAIVER PETITION: Planning Commission, re: Petition 2021-02-02-03 submitted by Infinity Homes and Company, requesting approval to develop a Planned Residential Development under the Single-Family Clustering option (Emerson Oaks), consisting of thirty-five (35) site condominium lots, on the property located on the north side of West Chicago Avenue between Harrison and Middlebelt Roads (28400 West Chicago Avenue, former Wilson Elementary School site) in the Northwest ¼ of Section 36.
14. SITE PLAN PETITION: Planning Commission, re: Petition 2021-02-08-01 submitted by Gargaro Construction, to remodel the exterior of the commercial strip center on property located on the south side of Seven Mile Road between Farmington Road and Myron Avenue (33527, 33529 and 33535 Seven Mile Road), in the Northeast ¼ of Section 9.
15. SITE PLAN PETITION: Planning Commission, re: Petition 2021-02-08-02 submitted by Quatro Construction L.L.C., in connection with a proposal to remodel the exterior of the commercial strip center (Plymouth Shoppes) located on the south side of Plymouth Road between Garden Avenue and Middlebelt Road (29195 through 29215 Plymouth Road), in the Northwest ¼ of Section 36.
16. PROPOSED AMENDMENT TO THE LIVONIA CODE OF ORDINANCES, AS AMENDED: Department of Law, re: to amend Section 350 of Title 6, Chapter 1 (Animals). (CR 43-21)
17. PROPOSED AMENDMENT TO THE LIVONIA CODE OF ORDINANCES, AS AMENDED: Department of Law, re: to amend Sections 040L, 040M and 400 of Title 6, Chapter 1 (Animals) of the Livonia Code of Ordinances, as Amended, and Section 110 of Title 12, Chapter 20 (Public Lands). (CR 03-21)
For the 1919th Regular Meeting of April 26, 2021
SUSAN M. NASH, CITY CLERK
In accordance with Title II of the American with Disabilities Act as it pertains to access to Public Meetings, the City Clerk’s Office of the City of Livonia, upon adequate notice, will make reasonable accommodations for persons with special needs. Please call (734) 466-2236 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance. Council agendas are available on the City’s website – www.livonia.gov - under Government, City Council, Agendas.