Study Meeting of the Council of the City of Livonia
Monday, June 28, 2021
8:00 p.m. - City Hall Auditorium
33000 Civic Center Drive
1. BLOCK PARTY: Maria Diaz, re: to be held Saturday, July 31, 2021, from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. on Yale Street, before intersection of Yale and Barbara, with no rain date requested.
2. REQUEST FOR AUTHORIZATION TO PURCHASE FORTY-FOUR (44) DELL LATITUDE 3520 LAPTOP COMPUTERS THROUGH STATE OF MICHIGAN BID PROCESS: Office of the City Clerk, re: to replace outdated laptops used for electronic poll book software at all Michigan elections at the forty-four (44) polling locations in the total sum of $28,600.00, from budgeted funds.
3. REQUEST TO REVISE LANGUAGE CHANGE TO JULY AND DECEMBER BOARD OF REVIEW: Department of Assessment, re: to revise the poverty exemptions based on State Tax Commission, Bulletin 3 of 2021.
4. REQUEST FOR AUTHORIZATION TO PURCHASE ONE (1) RAMJET SINGLE ENGINE TRAILER-MOUNTED SEWER CLEANER THROUGH THE SOURCEWELL PURCHASING PROGRAM; Department of Public Works, re: for use by the Roads Department, from budgeted funds.
5. REQUEST TO AMEND COUNCIL RESOLUTION 55-20: Department of Public Works, re: to award the 2021 Tree Removal Program to Sod Solutions, to complete the work unfulfilled by the original contractor.
6. REQUEST TO AMEND COUNCIL RESOLUTION 32-21: Department of Public Works, re: to award the contract for upgrading the electrical work at the City’s Fleet Maintenance Garage to Allied Building Service Company of Detroit, Inc. to complete the work unfulfilled by the original contractor.
7. REQUEST TO APPROVE AN INTERGOVERNMENTAL AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE CHARTER COUNTY OF WAYNE AND THE CITY OF LIVONIA: Engineering Division, re: for the improvement of Merriman Road from Joy Road to Plymouth Road with the proposed City's participation to be estimated at 9.075%, in the amount of $98,167 from budgeted funds.
8. WAIVER PETITION: Planning Commission, re: Petition 2021-05-02-08 submitted by Community Financial Credit Union, to construct a freestanding credit union with drive-thru facilities within the parking lot of the Mid-5 Shopping Center at 29441 thru 29583 Five Mile Road, located on the south side of Five Mile Road between Middlebelt and Henry Ruff Roads in the Northeast ¼ of Section 23.
9. REQUEST TO AMEND COUNCIL RESOLUTION 89-20 – BOARD OF TRUSTEES OF THE LIVONIA EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT SYSTEM: Kathleen E. McIntyre, President, re: to replace Councilmember Jim Jolly with Councilmember Laura Toy as the Council Representative.
10. APPOINTMENT OF SCOTT MORGAN TO THE ZONING BOARD OF APPEALS: Cathy K. White, Councilmember, for a three-year term which will expire on July 12, 2024.
11. REAPPOINTMENT OF JAMES BARINGHAUS TO THE ZONING BOARD OF APPEALS: Laura M. Toy, Councilmember, re: for a three-year term which will expire on July 12, 2024.
12. REAPPOINTMENT OF GREGORY G. COPPOLA TO THE ZONING BOARD OF APPEALS: Rob Gjonaj Donovic, Councilmember, re: for a three-year term which will expire on July 12, 2024.
For the 1924th Regular Meeting of July 12, 2021
SUSAN M. NASH, CITY CLERK
In accordance with Title II of the American with Disabilities Act as it pertains to access to Public Meetings, the City Clerk’s Office of the City of Livonia, upon adequate notice, will make reasonable accommodations for persons with special needs. Please call (734) 466-2236 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance. Council agendas are available on the City’s website – www.livonia.gov - under Government, City Council, Agendas.