1926th Regular Meeting of the Council of the City of Livonia
Monday, August 9, 2021
7:00 p.m. – City Hall Auditorium
33000 Civic Center Drive
CALL TO ORDER
INVOCATION/PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
PRESENTATION OF MINUTES - Minutes of the 1925th Regular Meeting of July 26, 2021
REPORTS FROM THE MAYOR AND OTHER CITY OFFICIALS
1. REQUEST TO BARRICADE CITY STREETS: Chris Inch, Stevenson Cross Country Coach, re: on Friday, August 20, 2021, from 4:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m., on Perth Street from Stark Road until it dead-ends West of Farmington, for a nighttime high school cross country meet.
2. BLOCK PARTY: Jackie Gordon, re: to be held Friday, August 27, 2021, from 4:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m., on Arden between Elmira and Orangelawn, with no rain date requested.
3. BLOCK PARTY: Karen Werden, re: to be held Saturday, August 28, 2021, from 3:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. on Flamingo, between St. Martins and Bretton, with a rain date of Saturday, September 4, 2021.
4. BLOCK PARTY: Krista Leavens, re: to be held Saturday, August 28, 2021, from 3:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m., on Grandon between Brentwood and Harrison, with no rain date requested.
5. BLOCK PARTY: Julie Freda, re: to be held Saturday, September 11, 2021, from 11:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. on Sussex, between Sherwood and Fitzgerald, with a rain date of Sunday, September 12, 2021.
6. BLOCK PARTY: Patricia Stephanoff, re: to be held Saturday, September 11, 2021, from 2:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. on north cul-de-sac of Alpine Drive, between Alpine and Fairlane, with no rain date requested.
7. REQUEST TO APPROVE ADDENDUM TO THE SUBLEASE AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE CITY OF LIVONIA AND LIVONIA CIVIC ARENAS: Department of Parks and Recreation, re: to suspend lease payments for Eddie Edgar Ice Arena for twelve months, beginning August 1, 2021.
8. REQUEST TO ADOPT THE AMERICAN WITH DISABILITIES ACT ACCESS AUDIT AND TRANSITION PLAN: Department of Parks and Recreation, re: for federal requirements which mandate the accessibility of City of Livonia sites.
9. REQUEST TO ACCEPT STORM WATER FACILITIES MAINTENANCE AGREEMENT: Engineering Division, re: from 6 Mile Properties, LLC, in conjunction with the construction of a storm drainage system that provides adequate drainage for property developed at 17180 Farmington Road, in the Southwest 1/4 of Section 10.
10. PROPOSED AMENDMENT TO ZONING ORDINANCE NO. 543, AS AMENDED: Department of Law, re: Petition 2020-12-06-03, to consider the adoption of an updated and re-formatted LIVONIA VISION 21 Zoning Ordinance and LIVONIA VISION 21 Zoning Map. The proposed LIVONIA VISION 21 Zoning Ordinance provides new definitions, creates several new zoning districts and deletes several existing districts, updates the list of permitted and waiver land uses for each zoning district, provides new requirements and regulations for lot sizes, building setbacks, and lot coverages, off street parking, signs, alternative energy systems, and other regulations for structures and uses, including a new form-based development option for the City’s commercial districts.
11. REQUEST FOR TEMPORARY HOURLY RATE INCREASE AND HIRING BONUS: Department of Civil Service, re: for 2021 and 2022 Temporary Seasonal positions.
12. REQUEST TO WAIVE THE CITY'S NOISE ORDINANCE: Fred E. Sackllah, Festival Chairperson, The Basilica of St. Mary Antiochian Orthodox Church, re: in connection with their 13th Annual Michigan Fun Fest to be held Friday, August 13, 2021 through Sunday, August 15, 2021, 18100 Merriman Road.
13. REQUEST TO SCHEDULE A FINANCE AND BUDGET COMMITTEE MEETING AND TO ESTABLISH A PUBLIC HEARING DATE: Department of Finance, re: for the Annual Budget for the fiscal year ending November 30, 2022.
SUSAN M. NASH, CITY CLERK
In accordance with Title II of the American with Disabilities Act as it pertains to access to Public Meetings, the City Clerk’s Office of the City of Livonia, upon adequate notice, will make reasonable accommodations for persons with special needs. Please call (734) 466-2236 or email email@example.com if you need assistance. Council agendas are available on the City’s website – www.livonia.gov - under Government, City Council, Agendas