Study Meeting of the Council of the City of Livonia
Wednesday, September 8, 2021
8:00 p.m. - City Hall Auditorium
33000 Civic Center Drive
1. BLOCK PARTY: Visar Gjetaj, re: to be held Sunday, October 31, 2021, from 4:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. on Mallory Drive, between Six Mile Road and Newburgh Road, with no rain date requested.
2. REQUEST TO APPROVE AND RECOGNIZE THE CLARENCEVILLE HIGH SCHOOL HOMECOMING PARADE, PARADE, PARADE ROUTE, THE CLOSING OF CERTAIN CITY STREETS AND REQUEST TO DESIGNATE AND AUTHORIZE SENIOR POLICE OFFICER MICHAEL ARAKELIAN TO SIGN THE WAYNE COUNTY ROAD COMMISSION PERMIT ON BEHALF OF THE CITY TO CLOSE A PORTION OF MIDDLEBELT ROAD, WITH THE CITY TO ASSUME LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE CLAIMS WHICH MAY ARISE AS A RESULT OF THE ROAD CLOSURE: Kevin Murphy, Athletic Director, re: to be held on Friday, October 8, 2021, beginning at 6:15 p.m.
3. REQUEST TO APPROVE HOURLY RATE INCREASE: Department of Civil Service, re: for the Transit and Grant Classification for a three-year period beginning December 1, 2021
4. REQUEST TO APPROVE WAGE INCREASE: Department of Civil Service, re: for Assessment Department classifications.
5. REQUEST TO APPROVE HERO PAY STIPEND: Department of Civil Service, re: for regular, active full-time and regular, active part-time employees.
6. WAIVER PETITION: Planning Commission, re: Petition 2021-07-02-11 submitted by Animal Care Clinic of Livonia, to expand the existing veterinary clinic at 28450 Joy Road, located on the northwest corner of Joy Road and Harrison Avenue in the Southwest ¼ of Section 36.
7. SITE PLAN PETITION: Planning Commission, re: Petition 2021-07-08-04 submitted by The Kroger Company of Michigan requesting approval to redevelop portions of the commercial shopping center (Northridge Commons), including demolishing approximately 22,000 square feet of existing retail space, constructing an addition to the Kroger store measuring approximately 28,500 square feet, as well as other façade and parking lot improvements, at 33523-33751 Eight Mile Road, located on the south side of Eight Mile Road between Farmington and Gill Roads in the Northeast ¼ of Section 4.
For the 1929th Regular Meeting of September 20, 2021
SUSAN M. NASH, CITY CLERK
In accordance with Title II of the American with Disabilities Act as it pertains to access to Public Meetings, the City Clerk’s Office of the City of Livonia, upon adequate notice, will make reasonable accommodations for persons with special needs. Please call (734) 466-2236 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance. Council agendas are available on the City’s website – www.livonia.gov - under Government, City Council, Agendas.