1929th Regular Meeting of the Council of the City of Livonia
Monday, September 20, 2021
7:00 p.m. – City Hall Auditorium
33000 Civic Center Drive
CALL TO ORDER
INVOCATION/PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
PRESENTATION OF MINUTES - Minutes of the 1928th Regular Meeting of September 8, 2021
REPORTS FROM THE MAYOR AND OTHER CITY OFFICIALS
Communication from the Department of Finance, dated August 27, 2021, re: forwarding various financial statements of the City of Livonia for the month ending July 31, 2021.
1. BLOCK PARTY: Visar Gjetaj, re: to be held Sunday, October 31, 2021, from 4:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. on Mallory Drive, between Six Mile Road and Newburgh Road, with no rain date requested.
2.REQUEST TO APPROVE AND RECOGNIZE THE CLARENCEVILLE HIGH SCHOOL HOMECOMING PARADE, PARADE ROUTE, THE CLOSING OF CERTAIN CITY STREETS AND REQUEST TO DESIGNATE AND AUTHORIZE SENIOR POLICE OFFICER MICHAEL ARAKELIAN TO SIGN THE WAYNE COUNTY ROAD COMMISSION PERMIT ON BEHALF OF THE CITY TO CLOSE A PORTION OF MIDDLEBELT ROAD, WITH THE CITY TO ASSUME LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE CLAIMS WHICH MAY ARISE AS A RESULT OF THE ROAD CLOSURE: Kevin Murphy, Athletic Director, re: to be held on Friday, October 8, 2021, beginning at 6:15 p.m.
3. REQUEST TO APPROVE HOURLY RATE INCREASES: Department of Civil Service, re: for the Transit and Grant Classification for a three-year period beginning December 1, 2021.
4. REQUEST TO APPROVE WAGE INCREASE: Department of Civil Service, re: for Assessment Department classifications.
5. WAIVER PETITION: Planning Commission, re: Petition 2021-07-02-11 submitted by Animal Care Clinic of Livonia, to expand the existing veterinary clinic at 28450 Joy Road, located on the northwest corner of Joy Road and Harrison Avenue in the Southwest ¼ of Section 36.
6. SITE PLAN PETITION: Planning Commission, re: Petition 2021-07-08-04 submitted by The Kroger Company of Michigan requesting approval to redevelop portions of the commercial shopping center (Northridge Commons), including demolishing approximately 22,000 square feet of existing retail space, constructing an addition to the Kroger store measuring approximately 28,500 square feet, as well as other façade and parking lot improvements, at 33523-33751 Eight Mile Road, located on the south side of Eight Mile Road between Farmington and Gill Roads in the Northeast ¼ of Section 4.
UNFINISHED BUSINESS - MEETINGS OF THE COMMITTEE
7. COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE MEETING OF AUGUST 25, 2021
a. Subject matter of flooding, infrastructure and watershed issues (CR 233-21)
8. ROLL CALL: Department of Law, re: Proposed Amendment to the Livonia Code of Ordinances, as amended, to amend Chapter 13.04 Section 030 (Using Water From Fire Hydrants - Permit, Cash Deposit and Other Conditions) to increase the meter deposit from $100.00 to $800.00.
First Reading given by Jim Jolly on Wednesday, September 8, 2021.
9. REQUEST TO APPROVE HERO PAY STIPEND: Department of Civil Service, re: for regular, active full-time and regular, active part-time employees.
NEW DATA ITEM 9 – Administrative response to requests made by Council Members at the Regular Meeting of September 8, 2021.
10. REQUEST FOR ADDITIONAL APPROPRIATION AND EXPENDITURE: Engineering Division, re: for the Construction Engineering for DWRF #7452-01 Project Areas 1 & 3 and Project Area 2 to close out the contract with OHM Advisors in an amount not-to-exceed $323,000 and the new total not-to-exceed amount of $917,800. (CR 133-20)
11. REQUEST FOR ADDITIONAL APPROPRIATION AND EXPENDITURE: Engineering Division, re: for the 2020 Concrete Road Program (Contract 20-C) to close out the contract with Hard Rock Concrete, Inc., in an amount not-to-exceed $225,000 and the new total not-to-exceed $5,025,000. (CR 103-20 and CR 228-20)
12. REQUEST FOR ADDITIONAL APPROPRIATION AND EXPENDITURE: Engineering Division, re: for the Construction Engineering for the 2020 Concrete Road Program (Contract 20-C) to close out the contract with Anderson, Eckstein and Westrick, inc. (AEW) in an amount not-to-exceed $27,000 and the new total not-to-exceed amount of $605,000. (CR # 104-20 and CR #229-20)
SUSAN M. NASH, CITY CLERK
In accordance with Title II of the American with Disabilities Act as it pertains to access to Public Meetings, the City Clerk’s Office of the City of Livonia, upon adequate notice, will make reasonable accommodations for persons with special needs. Please call (734) 466-2236 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance. Council agendas are available on the City’s website – www.livonia.gov - under Government, City Council, Agendas.