Study Meeting of the Council of the City of LivoniaAUDIENCE COMMUNICATIONNEW BUSINESS
Monday, October 4, 2021
8:00 p.m. - City Hall Auditorium
33000 Civic Center Drive Livonia, Michigan
1. REQUEST TO WAIVE THE SIDEWALK REQUIREMENT: Joe Rotondo Construction Corp., re: for the newly constructed home located at 18740 Westmore St., N.W. 1/4 of Section 10.AUDIENCE COMMUNICATION
2. AWARD OF CONTRACT: Civil Service Department, re: for the new Employee Assistance Program (EAP), for the period of December 1, 2021 to November 30, 2024, from budgeted funds.
3. REQUEST TO APPROVE THE HOLIDAY PARADE AND TREE LIGHTING ON SUNDAY, DECEMBER 5, 2021; REQUEST TO APPROVE PARADE ROUTE AND THE CLOSING OF CERTAIN CITY STREETS; TO REQUEST PERMISSION FROM WAYNE COUNTY TO CLOSE FARMINGTON ROAD FROM LYNDON TO FIVE MILE, BETWEEN THE HOURS OF 4:00 P.M. AND 5:00 P.M., OR UNTIL THE ROAD IS RETURNED TO NORMAL TRAFFIC OPERATION; TO AUTHORIZE SENIOR POLICE OFFICER MICHAEL ARAKELIAN TO SIGN THE ROAD CLOSURE PERMIT ON BEHALF OF THE CITY; AND THAT THE CITY OF LIVONIA WILL ASSUME LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE CLAIMS RESULTING FROM THE ROAD CLOSURE: Department of Parks and Recreation, same.
4. REQUEST TO UTILIZE THE GREENMEAD PROPERTY FOR THE 2022-2024 ANNUAL MOTOR CITY IRISH FEST: Department of Parks and Recreation and the Motor City Irish Fest, re: for the festival dates of June 10-12, 2022, June 9-11, 2023 and June 7-9, 2024.
5. REQUEST TO WAIVE THE FORMAL BIDDING PROCESS AND APPROVE CONTRACT WITH WAHL TENTS: Department of Parks and Recreation, re: for the rental of a warming tent for the annual Night of Lights event at Greenmead Historical Park, from budgeted funds.
6. AWARD OF BID: Public Service Division, re: for supplying the Road Maintenance Section with hot and cold Bituminous Materials for the period of September 1, 2021 through October 30, 2022.
7. AWARD OF BID AND REQUEST FOR ADDITIONAL APPROPRIATION AND EXPENDITURE; Department of Public Works, re: to Piedemont Concrete in an amount of $20,000.00 to cover the additional cost of concrete to complete the City’s Ready-Mix Concrete program, from budgeted funds.
8. REQUEST FOR ADDITIONAL APPROPRIATION AND EXPENDITURE; Department of Public Works, re: for the Household Hazardous and Electronic Waste program in the amount of $30,000, from budgeted funds.
9. REQUEST FOR AUTHORIZATION TO PURCHASE ONE (1) RAMJET SINGLE ENGINE TRAILER-MOUNTED SEWER CLEANER THROUGH THE SOURCEWELL PURCHASING PROGRAM: Department of Public Works, to be used by the Roads Department to service storm drains and culverts, from budgeted funds.
For the 1931st Regular Meeting of October 18, 2021
SUSAN M. NASH, CITY CLERK
In accordance with Title II of the American with Disabilities Act as it pertains to access to Public Meetings, the City Clerk’s Office of the City of Livonia, upon adequate notice, will make reasonable accommodations for persons with special needs. Please call (734) 466-2236 or email email@example.com if you need assistance. Council agendas are available on the City’s website – www.livonia.gov - under Government, City Council, Agendas.