1931st Regular Meeting of the Council of the City of Livonia
Monday, October 18, 2021
7:00 p.m. – City Hall Auditorium
33000 Civic Center Drive
CALL TO ORDER
INVOCATION/PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
PRESENTATION OF MINUTES - Minutes of the 1930th Regular Meeting of October 4, 2021
REPORTS FROM THE MAYOR AND OTHER CITY OFFICIALS
1. REQUEST TO WAIVE THE SIDEWALK REQUIREMENT: Joe Rotondo Construction Corp., re: for the newly constructed home located at 18740 Westmore St., N.W. 1/4 of Section 10.
2. AWARD OF CONTRACT: Civil Service Department, re: for the new Employee Assistance Program (EAP), for the period of December 1, 2021 to November 30, 2024, from budgeted funds.
3. REQUEST TO APPROVE THE HOLIDAY PARADE AND TREE LIGHTING ON SUNDAY, DECEMBER 5, 2021; REQUEST TO APPROVE PARADE ROUTE AND THE CLOSING OF CERTAIN CITY STREETS; TO REQUEST PERMISSION FROM WAYNE COUNTY TO CLOSE FARMINGTON ROAD FROM LYNDON TO FIVE MILE, BETWEEN THE HOURS OF 4:00 P.M. AND 5:00 P.M., OR UNTIL THE ROAD IS RETURNED TO NORMAL TRAFFIC OPERATION; TO AUTHORIZE SENIOR POLICE OFFICER MICHAEL ARAKELIAN TO SIGN THE ROAD CLOSURE PERMIT ON BEHALF OF THE CITY; AND THAT THE CITY OF LIVONIA WILL ASSUME LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE CLAIMS RESULTING FROM THE ROAD CLOSURE: Department of Parks and Recreation, same.
4. REQUEST TO UTILIZE THE GREENMEAD PROPERTY FOR THE 2022-2024 ANNUAL MOTOR CITY IRISH FEST: Department of Parks and Recreation and the Motor City Irish Fest, re: for the festival dates of June 10-12, 2022, June 9-11, 2023 and June 7-9, 2024.
5. REQUEST TO WAIVE THE FORMAL BIDDING PROCESS AND APPROVE CONTRACT WITH WAHL TENTS: Department of Parks and Recreation, re: for the rental of a warming tent for the annual Night of Lights event at Greenmead Historical Park, from budgeted funds.
6. AWARD OF BID: Public Service Division, re: for supplying the Road Maintenance Section with hot and cold Bituminous Materials for the period of September 1, 2021 through October 30, 2022.
7. AWARD OF BID AND REQUEST FOR ADDITIONAL APPROPRIATION AND EXPENDITURE; Department of Public Works, re: to Piedemont Concrete in an amount of $20,000.00 to cover the additional cost of concrete to complete the City’s Ready-Mix Concrete program, from budgeted funds.
8. REQUEST FOR ADDITIONAL APPROPRIATION AND EXPENDITURE; Department of Public Works, re: for the Household Hazardous and Electronic Waste program in the amount of $30,000, from budgeted funds.
9. REQUEST FOR AUTHORIZATION TO PURCHASE ONE (1) RAMJET SINGLE ENGINE TRAILER-MOUNTED SEWER CLEANER THROUGH THE SOURCEWELL PURCHASING PROGRAM: Department of Public Works, to be used by the Roads Department to service storm drains and culverts, from budgeted funds.
UNFINISHED BUSINESS - MEETINGS OF THE COMMITTEE
10. Finance and Budget Committee Meeting of September 22, 2021
Proposed budget for the City of Livonia for the fiscal year ending November 30, 2022, and the property tax millage proposed to be levied to support the proposed budget. (CR 260-21) Public Hearing held on October 6, 2021.
11. PROPOSED AMENDMENT TO THE LIVONIA VISION 21 ZONING ORDINANCE, AS AMENDED: Department of Law, re: Petition 2021-07-01-06 submitted by LAG Development, to rezone the property at 34801 Plymouth Road, located on the south side of Plymouth Road between Stark and Wayne Roads in the Northwest ¼ of Section 33, from C-1, Local Business to C-2, General Business.
Public Hearing held on September 27, 2021.
12. WAIVER PETITION: Planning Commission, re: Petition 2021-07-02-12 submitted by Quik Stop, Inc. requesting waiver use approval to add fuel pumps and operate a gasoline service station at 37405 Ann Arbor Road, located at the southwest corner of Ann Arbor and Newburgh Roads in the Northeast ¼ of Section 31.
Public Hearing held on September 27, 2021.
SUSAN M. NASH, CITY CLERK
In accordance with Title II of the American with Disabilities Act as it pertains to access to Public Meetings, the City Clerk’s Office of the City of Livonia, upon adequate notice, will make reasonable accommodations for persons with special needs. Please call (734) 466-2236 or email email@example.com if you need assistance. Council agendas are available on the City’s website – www.livonia.gov - under Government, City Council, Agendas.