Study Meeting of the Council of the City of Livonia
Monday, November 8, 2021
8:00 p.m. - City Hall Auditorium
33000 Civic Center Drive Livonia, Michigan
1. REQUEST FOR DESIGNATION AS A NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATION: Chief Curtis Caid, President, Livonia First Responder Foundation, re: as required by the State of Michigan to obtain a Charitable Gaming License to allow a raffle fundraiser in the future.
2. DETERMINATION OF THE LOCAL OFFICERS COMPENSATION COMMISSION: Office of the City Clerk, re: the salaries of elected officials for the calendar years 2022 and 2023, in accordance with Section 2.48.030 of Chapter 2.48 of the Livonia Code of Ordinances, as amended.
3. REQUEST TO APPROVE LOYALTY PAY STIPEND & RECOGNITION: Department of Civil Service, re: loyalty pay for temporary, part-time employees and recognition for CERT.
4. REQUEST TO ENTER INTO AN AGREEMENT BETWEEN MICHIGAN ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION AND CITY OF LIVONIA: Department of Parks and Recreation, re: for installation of a senior playground at Ben Celani Park with additional monies contributed by Healthy Livonia.
5. AWARD OF CONTRACT: Department of Parks and Recreation; re: to provide senior memberships at the Jack E. Kirksey Recreation Center to eligible participants in our senior community.
6. REQUEST FOR AUTHORIZATION TO PURCHASE FOUR (4) EXMARK LAZER S-SERIES 749 MOWERS THROUGH THE STATE OF MICHIGAN BID PROCESS; Public Service Division, re: to replace comparable units that have exceeded their life expectancy, from budgeted funds.
7. REQUEST TO AUTHORIZE APPROPRIATION AND EXPENDITURE; Department of Public Works, re: for the emergency repair and restoration of underground electrical service to Fire Station #1 (Headquarters), from budgeted funds.
8. REQUEST APPROVAL TO ACCEPT A GRANT FROM THE DETROIT EDISON COMPANY (DTE): Engineering Division, re: 2021 LED Retrofit of Mercury Vapor Streetlights throughout the City, for a total cost of $376,550, with the City's contribution to be $288,800 from the Unexpended Fund Balance of the Special Assessment Streetlighting Fund.
9. REQUEST TO AMEND THE ENGINEERING CONTRACT THROUGH THE QUALIFICATION BASED SELECTION (QBS) PROCESS WITH OHM ADVISORS FOR DESIGN ENGINEERING SERVICES FOR THE 2022 ASPHALT ROAD PROGRAM (CONTRACT 22-A): Engineering Division, re: same (CR 365-16).
10. REQUEST TO AMEND THE ENGINEERING CONTRACT THROUGH THE QUALIFICATION BASED SELECTION (QBS) PROCESS WITH ANDERSON, ECKSTEIN AND WESTRICK, INC. (AEW) FOR DESIGN ENGINEERING SERVICES FOR THE 2022 CONCRETE ROAD PROGRAM (CONTRACT 22-C); Engineering Division, re: same (CR 365-16).
11. REQUEST TO AMEND THE ENGINEERING CONTRACT THROUGH THE QUALIFICATION BASED SELECTION (QBS) PROCESS WITH ANDERSON, ECKSTEIN AND WESTRICK, INC. FOR DESIGN ENGINEERING SERVICES FOR THE 2022 CONCRETE ROAD MAINTENANC/SELECTIVE SLAB PROGRAM (CONTRACT 22-J): Engineering Division, re: same (CR 365-16).
12. WAIVER PETITION: Planning Commission, re: Petition 2021-09-02-19 submitted by Livonia Gas Mart requesting to construct an addition and remodel the interior and exterior of the existing gas station (Mobil) at 31301 Plymouth Road, located on the southeast corner of Plymouth and Merriman Roads in the Northwest ¼ of Section 35.
13. WAIVER PETITION: Planning Commission, re: Petition 2021-10-02-20 submitted by BBS Distilleries, L.L.C., requesting to utilize a Small Distiller license (manufacturer of no more than 60,000 gallons of spirits per year) in connection with the operation of a distillery and tasting room at 27600 Schoolcraft Road, located on the north side of Schoolcraft Road between Inkster Road and Cardwell Avenue in the Southeast ¼ of Section 24.
14. REQUEST TO AMEND SITE PLAN PETITION: Kroger/Northridge Commons, re: Petition 2021-07-08-04, requesting to amend site plan and conditions previously approved by the City Council on September 20, 2021, to redevelop portions of the commercial shopping center (Northridge Commons), including demolishing approximately 22,000 square feet of existing retail space, constructing an addition to the Kroger store measuring approximately 28,500 square feet, as well as other façade and parking lot improvements, at 33523-33751 Eight Mile Road, located on the south side of Eight Mile Road between Farmington and Gill Roads in the Northeast ¼ of Section 4. (CR 289-21).
15. PROPOSED AMENDMENT TO THE LIVONIA CODE OF ORDINANCES, AS AMENDED: Department of Law, re: to repeal Chapter 10 (Department of the Office of the City Council) of Title 2 (Administration and Personnel) and amend Section 080 (City Clerk Duties) of Chapter 04 (City Council) of Title 2 (Administration and Personnel), to abolish the current administrator position in a stand-alone department and create an identical administrative position under the direction and supervision of the City Clerk.
16. PROPOSED AMENDMENT TO THE LIVONIA CODE OF ORDINANCES, AS AMENDED: Department of Law, re: to amend Chapter 5.42 Section 010 (Definitions) to comport with Livonia Vision 21 Zoning Ordinance.
17. REQUEST TO AMEND COUNCIL RESOLUTION 224-21 – BOARD OF TRUSTEES OF THE LIVONIA EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT SYSTEM: Kathleen E. McIntyre, President, re: to replace Councilmember Laura Toy with Council President, Kathleen McIntyre, as the Council Representative.
For the 1934th Regular Meeting of December 1, 2021
SUSAN M. NASH, CITY CLERK
In accordance with Title II of the American with Disabilities Act as it pertains to access to Public Meetings, the City Clerk’s Office of the City of Livonia, upon adequate notice, will make reasonable accommodations for persons with special needs. Please call (734) 466-2236 or email email@example.com if you need assistance. Council agendas are available on the City’s website – www.livonia.gov - under Government, City Council, Agendas.