1938th Regular Meeting of the Council of the City of Livonia
Wednesday, February 16, 2022
7:00 p.m. – City Hall Auditorium
33000 Civic Center Drive
CALL TO ORDER
INVOCATION/PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
PRESENTATION OF MINUTES - Minutes of the 1937th Regular Meeting of January 31, 2022
REPORTS FROM THE MAYOR AND OTHER CITY OFFICIALS
a. Communication from the Department of Finance, dated January 24, 2022, re: forwarding various financial statements of the City of Livonia for the month ending October 30, 2021.
b. Communication from the Department of Finance, dated January 24, 2022, re: forwarding the Quarterly Investment Report for the City of Livonia for the quarter ending November 30, 2021.
1. REQUEST TO WAIVE THE CITY'S NOISE ORDINANCE: Robert Rais, Knights of Columbus, re: to allow a car show with a DJ at Saint Colette's Catholic Church, 17600 Newburgh Road on Saturday, June 4, 2022 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
2. REAPPOINTMENT OF WILLIAM TANCILL TO THE LIVONIA BOARD OF REVIEW: Office of the Mayor, re: for a three-year term, which will expire on February 16, 2025.
3. WAIVER PETITION: Planning Commission, re: Petition 2021-11-02-24 submitted by R & E Landscaping and Construction, L.L.C. requesting to construct and operate a special trade contractor's yard at 34413 Rosati Avenue, located on the west side of Stark Road just south of the CSX Railroad in the Southwest ¼ of Section 28.
4. REQUEST FOR AUTHORIZATION TO PURCHASE DELL VMWARE HOST SERVERS AND SWITCHES: Information Systems Department, re: for the City Hall Data Center, from budgeted funds.
5. REQUEST TO AMEND COUNCIL RESOLUTION 188-19: Information Systems Department, re: to allow 123.Net to provide fiber network connectivity to (16) sixteen City facilities.
6. REQUEST FOR AUTHORIZATION TO WAIVE THE SEALED BID PROCESS AND PURCHASE FROM SOLE SOURCE PROVIDER: Livonia Fire Department, re: for two (2) Zoll Cardiac Monitors to replace outdated or decertified equipment which are a critical piece of life saving equipment, from budgeted funds.
7. REQUEST FOR AUTHORIZATION TO PURCHASE ONE (1) 2022 LIFE LINE TYPE-1 SUPERLINER AMBULANCE: Livonia Fire Department, re: replace current frontline vehicle as part of our vehicle replacement program, from budgeted funds.
8. REQUEST FOR AUTHORIZATION TO PURCHASE THREE (3) 2022 FORD F150 RESPONDER SUPER CREW 4X4 PICKUP TRUCKS: Livonia Fire Department, re: replace current frontline vehicles and will add versatility and safety to the fleet, while enhancing response capabilities, from budgeted funds.
9. REQUEST TO AUTHORIZE EXPENDITURE: Department of Public Works, Water & Sewer Department, re: to enable payment for the 2022 subscription to the MISS DIG service, from budgeted funds.
10. REQUEST TO AUTHORIZE APPROPRIATION AND EXPENDITURE: Department of Public Works, re: emergency water repair of pressure reducing valve near Eight Mile and Grand River, from budgeted funds.
11. AWARD OF BID: Public Works Division; re: for the preparation and painting of the interior of the Fleet Maintenance Garage, from budgeted funds.
12. REQUEST TO APPROVE THE ESTABLISHMENT OF IMPROVEMENT BONDS: Engineering Division, re: to assure the installation of public improvements at Emerson Oaks Site Condominium; located on the north side of West Chicago Avenue, west of Harrison Avenue (28400 West Chicago Avenue formerly Wilson Elementary School site) in the Northwest 1/4 of Section 36. (CR 136-21).
UNFINISHED BUSINESS - MEETINGS OF THE COMMITTEE
13. COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE - Meeting of January 26, 2022
a. Subject matter of the City's Road Millage renewal. (CR 03-21)
b. Subject matter requesting an increase in compensation for the classification of Director of Administrative Services to align with the current salaries of Department Heads with similar responsibilities and to re-title the classification of Director of Administrative Services to Chief of Staff. (CR 375-21).
14. PROPOSED AMENDMENT TO LIVONIA CODE OF ORDINANCE, AS AMENDED: Department of Law, re: to amend Chapter 08, Sections 020 and 030 (Department of Administrative Services) of Title 2 (Administration and Personnel) to create and establish a department under the direction of the Chief of Staff, to provide liaison between the Mayor and other administrative departments, the Council, and the community.
15. ROLL CALL: Proposed Amendment to the Livonia Code of Ordinances, as amended: Planning and Economic Development Department, re: to amend Section 15.56 Section 035 (Permits and Inspection Fees), to add and revise Zoning Fees, including Zoning Board of Appeals Fees, Site Plan Review Application Fees, Waiver and Conditional Use Fees, Appeal to City Council Fee, and Zoning Amendment Fees, and to comport with Livonia Vision 21 Zoning Ordinance.
First Reading given by Council Member Scott Bahr on Monday, January 31, 2022.
16. AWARD OF CONTRACT: Department of Public Works, re: for the Fats, Oils and Grease (FOG) Prevention Treatment, through December 31, 2023, with the option to extend for an additional two years, from budgeted funds.
17. AWARD OF CONTRACT: Department of Public Works; re: with Plante Moran Cresa, LLC, to provide professional engineering services for Space Needs Assessments and Capital Planning; from budgeted funds.
18. ADMINISTRATIVE RESPONSE TO CR 242-21: Office of the Mayor, re: subject matter of urban environment concerns.
19. REQUEST FOR THE SUBJECT MATTER OF THE AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN ACT, BE PLACED IN THE COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE FOR FURTHER DISCUSSION: Finance Director, Michael T. Slater, re: to update Council on the Final Rule governing the expenditure of these grant funds and discuss the allocation of the remaining funds.
20. REQUEST TO AMEND COUNCIL RESOLUTION 20-22: Livonia Housing Commission, re: to amend the Livonia Housing Commission Executive Director position adjustment to be retroactive as of December 1, 2021.
SUSAN M. NASH, CITY CLERK
In accordance with Title II of the American with Disabilities Act as it pertains to access to Public Meetings, the City Clerk’s Office of the City of Livonia, upon adequate notice, will make reasonable accommodations for persons with special needs. Please call (734) 466-2236 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance. Council agendas are available on the City’s website – www.livonia.gov - under Government, City Council, Agendas.