1943rd Regular Meeting of the Council of the City of Livonia
Monday, April 18, 2022
7:00 p.m. – City Hall Auditorium
33000 Civic Center Drive
CALL TO ORDER
INVOCATION/PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
PRESENTATION OF MINUTES - Minutes of the 1942nd Regular Meeting of April 4, 2022
REPORTS FROM THE MAYOR AND OTHER CITY OFFICIALS
a. Communication from the Department of Finance, dated March 23, 2022, re: forwarding various financial statements of the City of Livonia for the month ending December 31, 2021.
b. Communication from the Department of Finance, dated March 29, 2022; re: forwarding various financial statements of the City of Livonia for the month ending January 31, 2022.
1. REQUEST TO APPROVE INCREASE IN COMPENSATION FOR THE DEPUTY TREASURER AND DEPUTY CLERK: City Treasurer and City Clerk, re: to increase compensation to be more comparable with positions in neighboring communities.
2. REQUEST TO WAIVE THE FORMAL BIDDING PROCESS AND APPROVE THE CONTRACT WITH WEBSTER & GARNER, INC.: Department of Public Works, re: to supply propane to the City of Livonia, from budgeted funds.
3. REQUEST TO AMEND AGREEMENT WITH HYDROCORP FOR CROSS-CONNECTION PROGRAM; Department of Public Works, re: to modify their program to include repair and any additional required testing for City of Livonia facilities, from budgeted funds. (CR 150-21) REQUEST FOR COUNCIL TO SET
4. A DATE FOR THE PURPOSE OF ADOPTING A RESOLUTION PLACING SPECIAL ASSESSMENTS UPON REFERENCED PROPERTIES WHOSE OWNERS HAVE NOT PAID CHARGES CONNECTED WITH THE 2021 SIDEWALK PROGRAM, Contract 21-G, SINGLE LOT ASSESSMENTS: Engineering Division, re: same. (CR 84-21).
5. ROLL CALL: Proposed Amendment to Livonia Vision 21 Zoning Ordinance, as amended: Department of Law, re: Petition 2022-01-06-01 submitted by the City of Livonia Planning Commission as amended, to consider multiple revisions to the LIVONIA VISION 21 Zoning Ordinance in order to correct certain defects, add and delete provisions, and provide clarification to others.
First Reading given by Councilmember Brandon McCullough on Monday, April 4, 2022.
6. ADMINISTRATIVE RESPONSE TO CR 37-20: Office of Government Affairs, re: local government response to climate change.
7. REQUEST TO APPROVE AMENDMENT TO AGREEMENT WITH SIMPLE RECYCLING: Department of Public Works, re: to modify their program collection from a regular, weekly curbside collection to a scheduled porch pickup.
NEW DATA - Collection data from December 2019 through March 2022
8. REQUEST TO SCHEDULE A CLOSED COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE MEETING: Department of Law, re: for the purpose of discussing pending litigation and attorney/client privileged communications with respect to The Parz Group, Inc., et. al. v City of Livonia.
SUSAN M. NASH, CITY CLERK
In accordance with Title II of the American with Disabilities Act as it pertains to access to Public Meetings, the City Clerk’s Office of the City of Livonia, upon adequate notice, will make reasonable accommodations for persons with special needs. Please call (734) 466-2236 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance. Council agendas are available on the City’s website – www.livonia.gov - under Government, City Council, Agendas.