Study Meeting Agenda
STUDY MEETING OF JANUARY 28, 2019
8:00 P.M. - City Hall Auditorium
33000 Civic Center Drive
Livonia, Michigan AUDIENCE COMMUNICATION NEW BUSINESS
1. REQUEST TO WAIVE THE SIDEWALK REQUIREMENT: Danny Fitzgerald, Classic Building Co., re: for the newly constructed home located at 20208 Parkville.
2. REQUEST TO WAIVE THE SIDEWALK REQUIREMENT: Danny Fitzgerald, Classic Building Co., re: for the newly constructed home located at 20214 Parkville.
3. REQUEST TO WAIVE THE SIDEWALK REQUIREMENT: Danny Fitzgerald, Classic Building Co., re: for the newly constructed home located at 20220 Parkville.
4. APPOINTMENT OF LYLE TRUDELL TO THE LIVONIA BOARD OF REVIEW: Office of the Mayor, re: to fill the unexpired term of Vahan Nazarian, which will expire on February 16, 2020.
5. AWARD OF BID: Livonia Fire & Rescue, re: for renovations to the existing kitchens at Fire Stations 5 & 6, from budgeted funds.
6. AWARD OF BID: Department of Parks & Recreation, re: for the towel service at the Kirksey Recreation Center for the period April 14, 2019 to April 13, 2024.
7. REQUEST TO APPROVE SPECIALIZED SERVICES TRANSPORTATION OPERATING ASSISTANCE PROGRAM THIRD PARTY CONTRACT FOR THE PERIOD OF OCTOBER 1, 2018 THROUGH SEPTEMBER 30, 2019 BETWEEN THE CITY OF LIVONIA AND SMART: Department of Community Resources, re: with grant funds to be used for the Livonia Community Transit Program to provide lift-equipped transportation to the senior and disabled residents of the City.
8. REQUEST TO MODIFY THE CITY OF LIVONIA COMPENSATION PLAN TO INCLUDE THE ABILITY TO COMPENSATE LIVONIA POLICE DEPARTMENT UNREPRESENTED EMPLOYEES IN THE COMPUTER SERVICES BUREAU TO STANDBY ON-CALL DUTY: Civil Service Department, re: in the amount of $225.00 for one-week of twenty-four hour/seven day on-call duty as assigned by the Livonia Police Department.
9. REQUEST TO MODIFY THE CITY OF LIVONIA COMPENSATION PLAN TO INCLUDE THE ABILITY TO COMPENSATE ADMINISTRATION AND PROFESSIONAL, AND EXEMPT AND CONFIDENTIAL EMPLOYEES ASSIGNED TO STANDBY ON-CALL DUTY: Civil Service Department, re: in the amount of $225.00 for one-week of twenty-four hour/seven day on-call duty as assigned by the Department of Management Information Systems.
10. AWARD OF CONTRACT: Engineering Division, re: for the Tatigian Park Asphalt Path Paving Project, from budgeted funds.
11. REQUEST TO WAIVE THE FORMAL BIDDING PROCESS AND APPROVE PROPOSED 2019 JOINT AND CRACK SEALING PROGRAM (CONTRACT 19-D) BY EXTENDING CONTRACT 14-D UNIT PRICES WITH MICHIGAN JOINT SEALING, INC.: Engineering Division, re: same. (CR 176-18, CR 98-17, CR 261-16, CR 163-15 and CR 283-14)
12. REQUEST TO EXTEND CONTRACT WITH R.S. CONTRACTING, INC.: Engineering Division, re: for the 2019 Lane Line Marking Program (Contract 19-H) at the unit prices from the 2017 contract unit prices. (CR 87-18 and CR 78-17)
13. REQUEST FOR ADDITIONAL APPROPRIATION AND EXPENDITURE: Engineering Division, re: for the 2018 Concrete Road Repair Program, (Contract 18-C), to close out contract with Hard Rock Concrete, Inc., in an amount of not to exceed $306,770.50 and the new total not-to-exceed amount of $4,090,868. (CR 130-18)
14. REQUEST TO ACCEPT STORM WATER FACILITIES MAINTENANCE AGREEMENT: Engineering Division, re: from Aldi, Inc., in conjunction with the construction of a storm drainage system that provides adequate drainage from property the lease holder for property at 29330 Schoolcraft Road, in the Southwest ¼ of Section 24.
15. PROPOSED AMENDMENT TO THE LIVONIA CODE OF ORDINANCES, AS AMENDED: Department of Law, re: to Title 12, Chapter 16 (Parks and Playgrounds), Section 010 to change the name of Helman Park to the Harry Tatigian Park and Nature Preserve. (CR 231-18) AUDIENCE COMMUNICATION
For the 1,866th
Regular Meeting of February 11, 2019
DATED: January 22, 2019
SUSAN M. NASH, CITY CLERK
In accordance with Title II of the American with Disabilities Act as it pertains to access to Public Meetings, the City Clerk’s Office of the City of Livonia, upon adequate notice, will make reasonable accommodations for persons with special needs. Please call (734) 466-2236 or email email@example.com if you need assistance. Council agendas are available on the City’s website – www.ci.livonia.mi.us - under Government, City Council, Agendas.