Study Meeting Agenda
STUDY MEETING OF MARCH 11, 2019
8:00 P.M. - City Hall Auditorium
33000 Civic Center Drive
1. REQUEST FOR CONSIDERATION OF PROPOSED ORDINANCE AMENDMENT: Christopher Veighey, re: to privacy fences being erected on residential properties.
2. REQUEST TO ADOPT A RESOLUTION PROCLAIMING FRIDAY, APRIL 26, 2019 AS ARBOR DAY IN THE CITY OF LIVONIA: Bill Craig, Tree City Committee Chairman and Douglas L. Moore, Superintendent of Public Service – Operations, re: to be celebrated at 3:00 p.m. at Randolph Elementary School, 14470 Norman Street.
3. AWARD OF BID: Department of Parks & Recreation, re: for tennis court reconstruction at Rotary Park, from budgeted funds.
4. REQUEST FOR AUTHORIZATION TO PURCHASE ONE (1) 2019 FORD ESCAPE THROUGH STATE OF MICHIGAN BID PROCESS: Department of Inspection, re: to replace a vehicle damaged beyond repair from the Unexpended Fund Balance with $13,400.00 to be reimbursed through the insurance company.
5. REQUEST TO ACCEPT A U.S. DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE 2017 JUSTICE ASSISTANCE GRANT (JAG) IN CONJUNCTION WITH WAYNE COUNTY DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY: Division of Police, re: to purchase law enforcement equipment, no matching funds are required.
6. REQUEST FOR AUTHORIZATION TO PURCHASE ONE (1) 2019 FORD E-450 CUTAWAY VAN THROUGH THE STATE OF MICHIGAN BID PROCESS: Department of Community Resources, re: for use by Livonia Community Transit, from budgeted funds.
7. AWARD OF BID: Department of Community Resources, re: for restoration of the Greenhouse at Greenmead Historical Park, from budgeted funds.
8. AWARD OF BID: Public Service Division, re: for Aggregates (road gravel, slag and stone) for the City’s 2019 calendar year requirements, from budgeted funds.
9. AWARD OF BID: Public Service Division, re: for supplying the Road Maintenance Section with hot and cold Bituminous Materials for the period May 1, 2019 through April 30, 2020, from budgeted funds.
10. REQUEST TO APPROVE ALLIANCE OF ROUGE COMMUNITIES (ARC) ANNUAL ASSESSMENT FOR 2019: Public Service Division, re: in the amount of $34,887.00 from funds budgeted for this purpose.
11. REQUEST TO APPROVE PROPOSED 2019 SIDEWALK REPAIR PROGRAM: Engineering Division, re: to include two small target areas in Sections 8 and 16 along with scattered locations throughout the City. (CR 784-82)
12. REQUEST TO WAIVE THE FORMAL BIDDING PROCESS AND APPROVE PROPOSED 2019 SIDEWALK REPAIR PROGRAM BY EXTENDING CONTRACT 18-G UNIT PRICES WITH JOE ROTONDO CONSTRUCTION CORPORATION AND REQUEST TO AUTHORIZE APPROPRIATION AND EXPENDITURE TO PRECISION CONCRETE, INC.: Engineering Division, re: for Contract 19-G which includes two small target areas in Sections 8 and 16 along with scattered locations throughout the City. (CR 102-18)
13. REQUEST TO AUTHORIZE AN ADDITIONAL APPROPRIATION AND EXPENDITURE: Engineering Division, re: for final construction costs for Stark Road Rehabilitation from Schoolcraft Road to Lyndon Avenue with MDOT, from the Unexpended Fund Balance of the Major Road Fund. (CR 06-18)
14. REQUEST TO ADVISE THE WAYNE COUNTY DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SERVICES (PERMIT SECTION) THAT THE CITY HAS APPROVED THE STORM SEWER PLANS AND WILL ACCEPT JURISDICTION AND MAINTENANCE OF THE STORM SEWER WITHIN THE PROPERTY LOCATEAD AT THE KROGER D-618 RETAIL FUEL CENTER AND REQUEST TO AUTHORIZE THE CITY ENGINEER TO EXECUTE A WAYNE COUNTY PERMIT ON BEHALF OF THE CITY: Engineering Division, re: for property located on the northeast corner of Five Mile Road and Merriman Road, in the S.W. ¼ of Section 14, with the Kroger Company of Michigan to reimburse the City for any such maintenance that may become necessary.
15. VACATING REQUEST: Engineering Division, re: to vacate public utility easement with property located at 33265 Schoolcraft Road. Parcel ID 46-106-01-0001-002
16. WAIVER PETITION: re: Petition 2018-12-02-23 submitted by Livonia Healthcare Real Estate, L.L.C. to construct and operate a nursing and physical rehabilitation facility on property located on the Southeast corner of Wayne Road and Ann Arbor Trail (8834 Wayne Road) in the Southwest ¼ of Section 33.
17. SITE PLAN PETITION: Planning Commission, re: Petition 2019-01-08-02 submitted by Mark Kuszczak to modify the exterior appearance of the existing restaurant (Thomas’s Family Dining) located on the south side of Plymouth Road between Farmington and Stark Roads (33971 Plymouth Road), in the Northeast ¼ of Section 33.
18. SITE PLAN PETITION: Planning Commission, re: Petition 2019-01-08-03 submitted by Community Alliance Credit Union to construct a single-story building addition, relocate the existing drive-thru operations and reconfigure the parking and driveway facilities of the existing credit union located on the southwest corner of Plymouth and Newburgh Roads (37401 Plymouth Road), in the Southeast ¼ of Section 30.
For the 1,869th Regular Meeting of March 25, 2019
DATED: March 5, 2019
SUSAN M. NASH, CITY CLERK
In accordance with Title II of the American with Disabilities Act as it pertains to access to Public Meetings, the City Clerk’s Office of the City of Livonia, upon adequate notice, will make reasonable accommodations for persons with special needs. Please call (734) 466-2236 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance. Council agendas are available on the City’s website – www.ci.livonia.mi.us - under Government, City Council, Agendas.