Regular Meeting Agenda
1,872nd Regular Meeting of the Council of the City of Livonia
Wednesday, May 8, 2019
7:00 p.m. - City Hall Auditorium
33000 Civic Center Drive
CALL TO ORDER:
PRESENTATION OF MINUTES:
REPORTS FROM THE MAYOR AND OTHER CITY OFFICIALS
1. REQUEST TO BARRICADE CITY STREETS: Hannah Gore, re: from Monday, August 5, 2019 through Friday, August 9, 2019, from 9:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. each day on Van Court between Raleigh and Levan, for Vacation Bible School.
2. REQUEST TO WAIVE THE CITY’S NOISE ORDINANCE AND TO ERECT SIGNS AT REFERENCED LOCATIONS: Fred E. Sackllah, Festival Chair Person, The Basilica of St. Mary Antiochian Orthodox Church, re: in connection with their 11th Annual Michigan Fun Fest to be held from Thursday, May 30, 2019 through Sunday, June 2, 2019, at Bryant Park, 18000 Merriman Road.
3. APPOINTMENT OF DILLON BREEN TO THE LIVONIA BROWNFIELD REDEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY: Office of the Mayor, re: for a term which will expire on November 24, 2021.
4. REQUEST TO APPROVE THE EXECUTION OF SPECIALIZED SERVICES VEHICLE AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE SUBURBAN MOBILITY AUTHORITY FOR REGIONAL TRANSPORTATION (SMART) AND THE CITY OF LIVONIA: Department of Community Resources, re: to accept one (1) 2019 Ford wheelchair lift equipped bus which has been provided by the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) 5310 Grant through SMART for the Livonia Community Transit Program.
5. REQUEST TO AUTHORIZE PURCHASE OF ONE (1) 2019 FORD F-550 UPFITTED AS A DUMP TRUCK THROUGH THE STATE OF MICHIGAN BID PROCESS: Public Service Division, re: to replace a vehicle for the primary use of the Roads Department, from budgeted funds.
6. AWARD OF BID: Public Service Division, re: for water main repair clamps for a period of two years from May 1, 2019 through April 30, 2021.
7. REQUEST TO AUTHORIZE APPROPRIATION AND EXPENDITURE: Public Service Division, re: for materials, equipment and labor necessary to perform the emergency storm sewer repair on Angling Street, from the Unexpended Fund Balance.
8. REQUEST TO AMEND COUNCIL RESOLUTION 37-19: Engineering Division, re: to award 2019 Lane Line Marking Program (Contract 19-H) to P.K. Contracting, Inc. subsequent to acquisition of R.S. Contracting, Inc.
9. REQUEST TO RESCIND COUNCIL RESOLUTION 104-07 WHICH ACCEPTED JURISDICTION AND MAINTENANCE OF THE STORM SEWER WITH TALON TLE – LIVONIA, L.L.C. FOR DAY CARE CENTER AT 37550 SEVEN MILE ROAD AND ACCEPT STORM WATER MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (SWMS) SUBMITTED BY 37550 SEVEN MILE ROAD, L.L.C.: Engineering Division, re: for the Day Care Center located on the north side of Seven Mile Road, west of Newburgh Road (37550 Seven Mile Road), in the Southeast ¼ of Section 6.
MEETINGS OF THE COMMITTEE
10. COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE – Meeting of Monday, April 15, 2019
a. Subject matter of appropriate regulations and ordinances in connection with short term housing rentals. (CR 30-19)
b. Subject of waiver use Petition 2018-12-02-23 submitted by Livonia Healthcare Real Estate, L.L.C. to construct and operate a nursing and physical rehabilitation facility on property located on the Southeast corner of Wayne Road and Ann Arbor Trail (8834 Wayne Road) in the Southwest ¼ of Section 33. (CR 100-19)
11. PROPOSED AMENDMENT TO THE LIVONIA CODE OF ORDINANCES: Department of Law, re: Petition 2019-01-03-01 submitted by Nowak & Fraus Engineers, on behalf of Smith-Watkins Investment, L.L.C., request to vacate the existing storm sewer easement located on the northwest corner of Pamco Drive and Merriman Road (31500 Pamco Drive) in the Northeast ¼ of Section 27.
12. REZONING PETITION: Planning Commission, re: Petition 2019-02-01-02 submitted by Etkin Management, L.L.C. to rezone the property located on the north side of Seven Mile Road between Newburgh Road and the I-275/96 Expressway (37640 Seven Mile Road) in the Southeast ¼ of Section 6, from R-U-F (Rural Urban Farm) to R-8 (High Rise Multiple Family Residential District – Maximum four (4) Stories).Public Hearing held on April 17, 2019.
13. RECEIVE AND FILE LIVONIA VISION 21 COMPREHENSIVE MASTER PLAN: Planning Commission, re: Petition 2018-09-07-01, Phase 1. (CR 378-18, CR 361-17, and CR 361-18)
14. AWARD OF BID: Division of Police, re: for the installation of scene lighting and video camera equipment in the Livonia mobile command center, from budgeted funds.
15. ACCESS AUTHORIZATION FOR 123.NET FOR I-96 CONDUIT CROSSING: Department of Law, re: authorize City Clerk to execute Access Authorization Agreement with 123.net to allow installation of dedicated 911 line to service the Livonia Police Department to be placed inside the existing 2-inch conduit crossing I-96 that is owned and maintained by the City of Livonia.
DATED: April 25, 2019
SUSAN M. NASH, CITY CLERK
In accordance with Title II of the American with Disabilities Act as it pertains to access to Public Meetings, the City Clerk’s Office of the City of Livonia, upon adequate notice, will make reasonable accommodations for persons with special needs. Please call (734) 466-2236 or email xd if you need assistance. Council agendas are available on the City’s website – www.ci.livonia.mi.us - under Government, City Council, Agendas.