Study Meeting Agenda
STUDY MEETING OF MAY 8, 2019
8:00 P.M. - City Hall Auditorium
33000 Civic Center Drive
1. BLOCK PARTY: Amanda Duke, re: to be held Saturday, June 15, 2019, from 3:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. on Louise Street between 17137 Louise Street to Bobrich, with no rain date requested.
2. REQUEST TO WAIVE SIDEWALK REQUIREMENT: L.J. Jakupi, President, Arvati Design Build Co., for the single-family home to be constructed at 20005 Osmus Street.
3. REQUEST FOR ISSUANCE OF A PERMIT FOR A FIREWORKS DISPLAY BY GREAT LAKES FIREWORKS TO BE HELD AT ST. MARY’S CHURCH FOR THE 11TH ANNUAL MICHIGAN FEST ON MAY 31, 2019, WITH RAIN DATES ON JUNE 1, 2019 AND JUNE 2, 2019: Fred E. Sackllah, Festival Chairperson, St. Mary’s Church, re: same.
4. REAPPOINTMENT OF DAVID BONGERO TO THE LIVONIA PLANNING COMMISSION: Office of the Mayor, for a three-year term, which will expire on June 9, 2022.
5. REAPPOINTMENT OF GREGORY COPPOLA TO THE ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION: Office of the Mayor, for a six-year term, which will expire on June 7, 2025.
6. PETITIONS TO WAIVE SITE PLAN REQUIREMENT OF SIDEWALKS BEHIND FOUR (4) HOMES AT WASHINGTON PARK SITE CONDOMINIUMS: Christine Eskander, Lori Julien, Rob Morgan, and Chirvag Parikh, requesting an amendment to the approved site plan for Petition 2016-01-02-01 submitted by Kucyk, Soave & Fernandes, P.L.L.C., for homes located at 9361, 9371, 9379 and 9387 Liberty Ct. (CR 151-16)
7. REQUEST TO WAIVE THE FORMAL BIDDING PROCESS AND AUTHORIZE PURCHASE OF 42 IN-CAR CAMERAS WTH UNLIMITED CLOUD DATA STORAGE: Division of Police, re: to provide in-car recording within police vehicles for a period of five (5) years, utilizing grant funding and budgeted funds.
8. REQUEST FOR APPROVAL OF THE 2019-20 COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT BLOCK GRANT PROGRAM (CDBG); ANNUAL ACTION PLAN DRAFT AND BUDGET; AND REQUEST TO APPROVE HOLD HARMLESS CONTRACTS BETWEEN THE CITY OF LIVONIA AND FIRST STEP, FAIR HOUSING CENTER OF METROPOLITAN DETROIT, WAYNE METROPOLITAN COMMUNITY ACTION AGENCY, CRUZ CLINIC, HEGIRA PROGRAMS, INC., ASCENSION ST. JOHN HEALTH SYSTEMS, STONEBROOK COUNSELING ASSOCIATES, PLLC, AND CITY OF LIVONIA DEPARTMENT OF COMMUNITY RESOURCES: Livonia Housing Commission, re: in connection with the operation of a domestic violence victim assistance program; for the purpose of providing fair housing; and for the mental health counseling program provided for through the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) programs for the 2019-2020 program year. (CR 52-19)
9. AWARD OF CONTRACT: Engineering Division, re: for the 2019-2020 Sidewalk and Pavement Replacement Program - Water Main Breaks – Contract 19-F, for a two (2) year contract.
10. REQUEST TO AMEND ENGINEERING CONTRACT AND REQUEST ADDITIONAL APPROPRIATION AND EXPENDITURE: Engineering Division, re: for Phase 2 of Five Mile Road (Merriman Road to Middlebelt Road) Water Main Replacement Project. (CR 365-16)
11. AWARD OF CONTRACT: Engineering Division, re: for Five Mile Road Water Main Replacement Project – Phase 2, from Merriman Road to west of Middlebelt Road in the amount of $1,056,905.00, from the Unexpended Fund Balance of the Water & Sewer Fund. (CR 303-16)
12. WAIVER PETITION: Planning Commission, re: Petition 2018-12-02-24 submitted by KAC Livonia, L.L.C., to construct an addition, increase the number of service bays and renovate the exterior of the existing automobile and truck repair facility (Kirk’s Auto Care) located on the northeast corner of Plymouth and Merriman Roads (31390 Plymouth Road) in the Southwest ¼ of Section 26.
13. WAIVER PETITION: Planning Commission, re: Petition 2019-02-02-01 submitted by Wade Shows, Inc., to conduct a carnival in the parking lot of Sears, sponsored by the Rotary Club of Livonia, consisting of amusement rides, games and food concessions from Thursday, May 16, 2019 through Monday, May 27, 2019, inclusive, on property located on the northwest corner of Seven Mile Road and Middlebelt Road (29500 Seven Mile Road) in the Southeast ¼ of Section 2.
14. WAIVER PETITION: Planning Commission, re: Petition 2019-03-02-02 submitted by Leo Soave Building Inc., to develop a Planned Residential Development under the Single-Family Clustering option (Capri Court), consisting of sixteen (16) site condominium lots, on properties located on the west side of Farmington Road, between Norfolk Avenue and Eight Mile Road (20209, 20219, 20225, 20235 and 20307 Farmington Road) in the Northeast ¼ of Section 4.
For the 1,873rd Regular Meeting of May 20, 2019
DATED: May 1, 2019
SUSAN M. NASH, CITY CLERK
In accordance with Title II of the American with Disabilities Act as it pertains to access to Public Meetings, the City Clerk’s Office of the City of Livonia, upon adequate notice, will make reasonable accommodations for persons with special needs. Please call (734) 466-2236 or email email@example.com if you need assistance. Council agendas are available on the City’s website – www.ci.livonia.mi.us - under Government, City Council, Agendas.