Regular Agenda 05/20/2019
1,873rd Regular Meeting of the Council of the City of Livonia
Monday, May 20, 2019
7:00 p.m. - City Hall Auditorium
33000 Civic Center Drive
CALL TO ORDER:
PRESENTATION OF MINUTES:
REPORTS FROM THE MAYOR AND OTHER CITY OFFICIALS
Communication from Department of Finance, dated April 26, 2019, re: various financial statement so the City of Livonia for the month ending March 31, 2019.
1. BLOCK PARTY: Amanda Duke, re: to be held Saturday, June 15, 2019, from 3:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. on Louise Street between 17137 Louise Street to Bobrich, with no rain date requested.
2. REQUEST TO WAIVE SIDEWALK REQUIREMENT: L.J. Jakupi, President, Arvati Design Build Co., for the single-family home to be constructed at 20005 Osmus Street.
3. REAPPOINTMENT OF DAVID BONGERO TO THE LIVONIA PLANNING COMMISSION: Office of the Mayor, for a three-year term, which will expire on June 9, 2022.
4. REAPPOINTMENT OF GREGORY COPPOLA TO THE ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION: Office of the Mayor, for a six-year term, which will expire on June 7, 2025.
5. PETITIONS TO WAIVE SITE PLAN REQUIREMENT OF SIDEWALKS BEHIND FOUR (4) HOMES AT WASHINGTON PARK SITE CONDOMINIUMS: Christine Eskander, Lori Julien, Rob Morgan, and Chirvag Parikh, requesting an amendment to the approved site plan for Petition 2016-01-02-01 submitted by Kucyk, Soave & Fernandes, P.L.L.C., for homes located at 9361, 9371, 9379 and 9387 Liberty Ct. (CR 151-16)
6. REQUEST TO WAIVE THE FORMAL BIDDING PROCESS AND AUTHORIZE PURCHASE OF 42 IN-CAR CAMERAS WTH UNLIMITED CLOUD DATA STORAGE: Division of Police, re: to provide in-car recording within police vehicles for a period of five (5) years, utilizing grant funding and budgeted funds.
7. REQUEST FOR APPROVAL OF THE 2019-20 COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT BLOCK GRANT PROGRAM (CDBG); ANNUAL ACTION PLAN DRAFT AND BUDGET; AND REQUEST TO APPROVE HOLD HARMLESS CONTRACTS BETWEEN THE CITY OF LIVONIA AND FIRST STEP, FAIR HOUSING CENTER OF METROPOLITAN DETROIT, WAYNE METROPOLITAN COMMUNITY ACTION AGENCY, CRUZ CLINIC, HEGIRA PROGRAMS, INC., ASCENSION ST. JOHN HEALTH SYSTEMS, STONEBROOK COUNSELING ASSOCIATES, PLLC, AND CITY OF LIVONIA DEPARTMENT OF COMMUNITY RESOURCES: Livonia Housing Commission, re: in connection with the operation of a domestic violence victim assistance program; for the purpose of providing fair housing; and for the mental health counseling program provided for through the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) programs for the 2019-2020 program year. (CR 52-19)
8. AWARD OF CONTRACT: Engineering Division, re: for the 2019-2020 Sidewalk and Pavement Replacement Program - Water Main Breaks – Contract 19-F, for a two (2) year contract.
9. REQUEST TO AMEND ENGINEERING CONTRACT AND REQUEST ADDITIONAL APPROPRIATION AND EXPENDITURE: Engineering Division, re: for Phase 2 of Five Mile Road (Merriman Road to Middlebelt Road) Water Main Replacement Project. (CR 365-16)
10. AWARD OF CONTRACT: Engineering Division, re: for Five Mile Road Water Main Replacement Project – Phase 2, from Merriman Road to west of Middlebelt Road in the amount of $1,056,905.00, from the Unexpended Fund Balance of the Water & Sewer Fund. (CR 303-16)
11. PROPOSED AMENDMENT TO THE LIVONIA CODE OF ORDINANCES: Department of Law, re: Petition 2019-02-03-02 submitted by St. Jude’s Investments, Inc., request to vacate the existing public utility easement located on the southeast corner of Schoolcraft and Farmington Roads (33265 Schoolcraft) in the Northwest ¼ of Section 27.
12. ROLL CALL: Proposed amendment to Zoning Ordinance No. 443, as amended, Department of Law, re: Petition 2018-08-01-05 submitted by Leo Soave Building Inc., to rezone the properties located on the west side of Farmington Road, between Norfolk Avenue and Eight Mile Road (20209, 20219, 20225, 20235, and 20307 Farmington Road) in the Northeast ¼ of Section 4, from R-U-F (Rural Urban Farm), to R-1 (One Family Residential).First Read given by Councilmember Kritzman on February 25, 2019
13. WAIVER PETITION: Planning Commission, re: Petition 2019-03-02-02 submitted by Leo Soave Building Inc., to develop a Planned Residential Development under the Single-Family Clustering option (Capri Court), consisting of sixteen (16) site condominium lots, on properties located on the west side of Farmington Road, between Norfolk Avenue and Eight Mile Road (20209, 20219, 20225, 20235 and 20307 Farmington Road) in the Northeast ¼ of Section 4.
14. REQUEST FOR ISSUANCE OF A PERMIT FOR A FIREWORKS DISPLAY BY GREAT LAKES FIREWORKS TO BE HELD AT ST. MARY’S CHURCH FOR THE 11TH ANNUAL MICHIGAN FEST ON MAY 31, 2019, WITH RAIN DATES ON JUNE 1, 2019 AND JUNE 2, 2019: Fred E. Sackllah, Festival Chairperson, St. Mary’s Church, re: same.
15. PROPOSED SPECIAL ASSESSMENT STREET LIGHTING PROJECT: Engineering Division, re: to determine necessity for the Heritage Square Site Condominiums, located east of Newburgh Road and south of Six Mile Road, in the Northwest ¼ of Section 17. Public Hearing held on May 1, 2019.
16. WAIVER PETITION: Planning Commission, re: Petition 2018-12-02-24 submitted by KAC Livonia, L.L.C., to construct an addition, increase the number of service bays and renovate the exterior of the existing automobile and truck repair facility (Kirk’s Auto Care) located on the northeast corner of Plymouth and Merriman Roads (31390 Plymouth Road) in the Southwest ¼ of Section 26.
17. PROPOSED LEASE AMENDMENT 123.NET: Department of Law, re: with 123.Net, Inc., of Southfield, Michigan to occupy a portion of the Livonia Police Communications Tower, to permit use of the tower for a licensing fee of $500 per month, with a 15% increase every five years, with a provision for installation of additional antennas at a rate of $300 each per month with additional consideration of 123.Net to install point-to-point connection bridges for additional sites at an approximate value of $1,800 per month. (CR 135-14)
18. ACCEPTANCE OF GRANT OF EASEMENT: Department of Law, re: FROM THE City of Livonia to Consumers Energy, for a six (6’) wide utility easement in connection with the installation and maintenance of a gas line through a portion of the Civic Center to service T-Mobile and AT&T Generators at the Base of the Livonia Police Department Communications Tower.
DATED: May 10, 2019
SUSAN M. NASH, CITY CLERK
In accordance with Title II of the American with Disabilities Act as it pertains to access to Public Meetings, the City Clerk’s Office of the City of Livonia, upon adequate notice, will make reasonable accommodations for persons with special needs. Please call (734) 466-2236 or email xd if you need assistance. Council agendas are available on the City’s website – www.ci.livonia.mi.us - under Government, City Council, Agendas.