Study Meeting Agenda
STUDY MEETING OF JUNE 3, 2019
8:00 P.M. - City Hall Auditorium
33000 Civic Center Drive
1. BLOCK PARTY: Mel Kolinski, re: to be held Saturday, July 13, 2019, from 3:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. on Ingram Street, between Plymouth and Elmira, with a rain date of Saturday, July 20, 2019.
2. BLOCK PARTY: Ray Franges, Ari Wilson, Mark Miller and Jim Rumrill, re: to be held Saturday, August 17, 2019, from 11:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. on Brentwood Street, between Jacquelyn and Meadowlark, with a rain date of Sunday, August 18, 2019.
3. REQUEST TO WAIVE THE CITY’S NOISE ORDINANCE: Kate Barczuk, St. Michael’s Catholic Church, re: to allow a car show with a DJ to be held in their parking lot at 11441 Hubbard Road on Saturday, July 20, 2019, from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
4. REQUEST TO WAIVE THE CITY’S NOISE ORDINANCE: James McGartland, Sports Locker Bar & Grill, re: to host a parking lot party with live music in their parking lot located at 30375 Plymouth Road on Saturday, August 31, 2019, from 5:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
5. REQUEST FOR AUTHORIZATION TO PURCHASE TWO (2) DELL POWEREDGE R740 SERVERS THROUGH THE STATE OF MICHIGAN CONTRACT PRICING BID: Division of Police, re: for the purpose of replacing current servers which are out of warranty, at end of life, and replacement parts are limited or no longer available, from budgeted funds.
6. REQUEST TO AUTHORIZE APPROPRIATION AND EXPENDITURE: Department of Community Resources, re: to enable payment to Buckmaster Contracting Co. for the critical repair and replacement of existing wood, gutters and shingles on the South Barn at Greenmead.
7. REQUEST TO APPROVE DESGINATION OF AUTHORIZED DEPOSITORIES: Department of Finance, re: to allow the City to collect property tax payments and water bills, as well as purchase Certificates of Deposit, at these financial institutions.
8. REQUEST TO APPROVE SOFTWARE MAINTENANCE AGREEMENT WITH SOLE SOURCE PROVIDER: Department of Management Information Systems, re: with ESRI Inc., for the City’s Geographic Information System (GIS) for a period of one year, from budgeted funds.
9. REQUEST FOR AUTHORIZATION TO SELL CITY-OWNED PROPERTY PURCHASED THROUGH THE WAYNE COUNTY FIRST RIGHT OF REFUSAL TAX FORECLOSURE PROGRAM: Livonia Housing Commission, re: for the vacant parcel located at 16147 Henry Ruff to Soave/Oro Construction, LLC for a sale prices of $55,001.00.
10. REQUEST FOR AUTHORIZATION TO SELL CITY-OWNED PROPERTY ACQUIRED WHEN THE CITY OF LIVONIA ACCEPTED THE DEED IN 1963 FROM ROBERT AND MARJORIE BIESZK: Livonia Housing Commission, re: for the vacant parcel located at 8971 Floral to Soave/Oro Construction, LLC for a sale prices of $33,001.00.
11. REQUEST FOR RESOLUTION SUPPORTING A PROJECT PLAN FOR WASTEWATER SYSTEM IMPROVEMENTS TO THE ROUGE VALLEY SEWAGE DISPOSAL SYSTEM AND TO DESIGNATE ELMEKA STEELE AS THE AUTHORIZED PROJECT REPRESENTATIVE: Department of Public Works, re: to adopt approving resolution for final SRF project plan for Wastewater System Improvements and Designating an Authorized Project Representative for same.
12. REQUEST TO ADJUST WATER AND SEWER CONSUMPTION RATES, INDUSTRIAL SURCHARGE RATE AND INDUSTRIAL WASTE CONTROL CHARGE: Public Service Division, re: to become effective with the first billing on or after July 1, 2019.
13. WAIVER PETITION: Planning Commission, re: Petition 2019-03-02-04 submitted by My Mechanics Place for the outdoor storage and rental of U-Haul trucks located on the south side of Plymouth Road between Yale Avenue and Levan Road (35655 Plymouth Road) in the Northeast ¼ of Section 32.
14. SITE PLAN PETITION: Planning Commission, re: Petition 2019-04-08-06 submitted by Livonia Hotel Group, L.L.C. to construct a new six-story dual brand hotel (Aloft & Element) located on the west side of Victor Parkway between Seven Mile Road and Pembroke Avenue (19265 Victor Parkway) in the Southeast ¼ of Section 6.
15. PROPOSED AMENDMENT TO THE LIVONIA CODE OF ORDINANCES, AS AMENDED: Department of Law, re: to amend Section 020 of Chapter 52 (Fireworks) of Title 8 to bring our ordinance in line with Michigan statute MCLA 28.457, regarding the ignition, discharge and use of consumer fireworks within the City.
For the 1,875th Regular Meeting of June 17, 2019
DATED: May 28, 2019
SUSAN M. NASH, CITY CLERK
In accordance with Title II of the American with Disabilities Act as it pertains to access to Public Meetings, the City Clerk’s Office of the City of Livonia, upon adequate notice, will make reasonable accommodations for persons with special needs. Please call (734) 466-2236 or email email@example.com if you need assistance. Council agendas are available on the City’s website – www.ci.livonia.mi.us - under Government, City Council, Agendas.