Regular Meeting Agenda
1,878th Regular Meeting of the Council of the City of Livonia
Monday, August 12, 2019
7:00 p.m. - City Hall Auditorium
33000 Civic Center Drive
CALL TO ORDER:
PRESENTATION OF MINUTES:
REPORTS FROM THE MAYOR AND OTHER CITY OFFICIALS
Communication from the Department of Finance, dated July 26, 2019, re: various financial statements of the City of Livonia for the month ending June 30, 2019.
1. REQUEST TO WAIVE THE CITY’S NOISE ORDINANCE: Richard McLain, Old Rosedale Gardens Homeowners Association, re: to show family friendly movies beginning at dusk until the end of the movie on Friday, September 13, 2019 in Kleinert Park.
2. REQUEST FOR APPROVAL TO ENTER INTO AN AGREEMENT BETWEEN SMART AND THE CITY OF LIVONIA: Department of Community Resources, re: for the Municipal Credit Contract for the period July 1, 2019 to June 30, 2020, with all Credits to be used for the Livonia Community Transit Program.
3. WAIVER PETITION: Planning Commission, re: Petition 2019-06-02-09 submitted by Neumann/Smith Architecture, to expand floor area, renovate the exterior appearance of the building and modify the vehicular parking layout of the existing Salvation Army resale store on property located on the north side of Plymouth Road between Farmington and Stark Roads (33600 Plymouth Road) in the Southeast ¼ of Section 28.
4. PROPOSED AMENDMENT TO ZONING ORDINANCE NO. 543, AS AMENDED: Law Department, re: Petition 2019-05-01-03 submitted by A & H Ventures L.L.C., to rezone property located on the southwest corner of Six Mile and Farmington Roads (33411 Six Mile Road) in the Northeast ¼ of Section 16 from C-1 (Local Business) to C-2 (General Business).Public hearing held on July 15, 2019.
5. ROLL CALL: Proposed amendment to the Livonia Code of Ordinances, as amended: Department of Law, re: to amend Section 10 of Title 12, Chapter 16 (Parks and Playgrounds) to revise stated location of Parkview Park.First read given by Councilmember White on July 17, 2019.
6. REQUEST APPROVAL TO ENTER INTO AGREEMENT WITH SIMPLE RECYCLING: Department of Public Works, re: for four-year agreement with option to extend for an additional four years to provide services for the collection of soft recyclables.
7. SITE PLAN PETITION: Planning Commission, re: Petition 2019-06-08-09 submitted by SC Health to construct a new four-story medical/health services facility located on the east side of Haggerty Road between Six Mile and Seven Mile Roads (18600 Haggerty Road) in the Northwest ¼ of Section 7.
8. PROPOSED SPECIAL ASSESSMENT STREET LIGHTING PROJECT: Department of Assessment, re: for the Heritage Square Site Condominiums, located on the east side of Newburgh Road, and south of Six Mile Road, in the Northwest ¼ of Section 17. (Establishment of the Assessment Roll)Public Hearing held on July 17, 2019.
9. WAIVER PETITION: Planning Commission, re: Petition 2019-04-02-07 submitted by Ocean Wellness, L.L.C., requesting waiver use approval to operate a massage establishment, located on the west side of Middlebelt Road between Puritan Avenue and Six Mile Road (16345 Middlebelt), in the Northeast ¼ of Section 14.(This petition was denied by the City Planning Commission at their Regular Meeting of May 28, 2019 and comes to the City Council per the Petitioner’s request for an appeal.)
Public Hearing held on July 15, 2019.
10. REQUEST TO AUTHORIZE AN ADDITIONAL APPROPRIATION AND EXPENDITURE: Engineering Division, re: for the 2019 Asphalt Road Program, Lathers Avenue from Curtis to Deering Avenue, drainage improvements for an additional $36,098.39 from the Unexpended Fund Balance from Road, Sidewalk and Tree Fund.
11. REQUEST TO REFER THE SUBJECT MATTER OF FOOD TRUCKS AND LICENSING UNDER CITY ORDINANCES TO THE COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE: Council President Laura M. Toy, re: for further discussion.
DATED: July 30, 2019
SUSAN M. NASH, CITY CLERK
In accordance with Title II of the American with Disabilities Act as it pertains to access to Public Meetings, the City Clerk’s Office of the City of Livonia, upon adequate notice, will make reasonable accommodations for persons with special needs. Please call (734) 466-2236 or email xd if you need assistance. Council agendas are available on the City’s website – www.ci.livonia.mi.us - under Government, City Council, Agendas.