1,880th Regular Meeting of the Council of the City of Livonia
Monday, September 9, 2019
7:00 p.m. - City Hall Auditorium
33000 Civic Center Drive
CALL TO ORDER:
PRESENTATION OF MINUTES:
REPORTS FROM THE MAYOR AND OTHER CITY OFFICIALS
1. REQUEST TO WAIVE THE CITY’S NOISE ORDINANCE: Ernie Pacsai, Owner, SuperNatural Brewing & Spirits, re: to host an Oktoberfest event with live music in their parking lot located at 36685 Plymouth Road on Friday, September 20, 2019 and Saturday, September 21, 2019 from 5:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m. and Sunday, September 22, 2019 from 12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
2. REQUEST TO APPROVE AND RECOGNIZE THE CLARENCEVILLE HIGH SCHOOL HOMECOMING PARADE TO BE HELD ON FRIDAY, OCTOBER 4, 2019; REQUEST TO APPROVE THE PARADE ROUTE AND THE CLOSING OF CERTAIN CITY STREETS; AND REQUEST TO DESIGNATE AND AUTHORIZE SENIOR POLICE OFFICER MICHAEL ARAKELIAN TO SIGN THE WAYNE COUNTY ROAD COMMISSION PERMIT ON BEHALF OF THE CITY TO CLOSE A PORTION OF MIDDLEBELT ROAD, WITH THE CITY TO ASSUME LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE CLAIMS WHICH MAY ARISE AS A RESULT OF THE ROAD CLOSURE: Kevin Murphy, Athletic Director, re: same.
3. REQUEST FOR AUTHORIZATION TO SELL CITY-OWNED PROPERTY ACQUIRED THROUGH THE WAYNE COUNTY TAX FORECLOSURE PROGRAM USING FUNDS FROM THE FEDERAL COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT BLOCK GRANT (CDBG) PROGRAM: Livonia Housing Commission, re: for the home located at 9823 Merriman Road to Terry Cureton for a sale price of $173,600.00.
4. REQUEST TO WAIVE THE CITY’S NOISE ORDINANCE: Matt R. Hickman, PE, Traffic Operations Engineer-Taylor TSC, State of Michigan, Department of Transportation, re: in conjunction with the I-275 Rehabilitation Project, from Ford Road (M-153) to Six Mile Road.
5. REQUEST TO AUTHORIZE PAYMENT TO DETROIT EDISON: Engineering Division, re: for the re-installation of six (6) UG streetlights as part of the Five Mile Road Water Main Replacement Project (Phase II) Merriman Road to Middlebelt Road. (CR 303-16)
6. REQUEST TO APPROVE THE ESTABLISHMENT OF IMPROVEMENT BONDS: Engineering Division, re: to assure the installation of public improvements at Capri Street Site Condominium, located on the west side of Farmington Road between Norfolk Avenue and Eight Mile Road (20209, 20219, 20225, 20235 and 20307 Farmington Road) in the Northeast ¼ of Section 4. (CR 205-19)
7. PROPOSED SPECIAL ASSESSMENT STREET LIGHTING PROJECT: Engineering Division, re: for Adams Court Site Condominiums, located on the south side of Plymouth Road, between Eckles Road and Alois Avenue, in the Southwest ¼ of Section 30. (To Determine Necessity)Public Hearing held on August 21, 2019
8. APPLICATION FOR COMMERCIAL REHABILITATION EXEMPTION CERTIFICATE: Paul F. Bohn, Fausone Bohn, LLP, Attorneys at Law, on behalf of Schoolcraft Lodge, Inc., re: for the expansion and rehabilitation of the property located at 31501 Schoolcraft Road, Livonia, MI 48150, in the Northeast ¼ of Section 27. (Commercial Rehabilitation District #4)Public Hearing held on August 21, 2019
9. REZONING PETITION: Planning Commission, re: Petition 2019-06-01-04 submitted by Ryan Kresge, to rezone the properties located on the west side of Middlebelt Road between Joy Road and West Chicago Road (8999, 8985, and 8981 Middlebelt Road) in the Southeast ¼ of Section 35, from C-1 (Local Business) to R-1 (One Family Residential – 60’ x 120’ Lots).Public Hearing held on August 21, 2019
10. REZONING PETITION: Planning Commission, re: Petition 2019-06-01-05 submitted by DeVonce Custom Construction Inc., to rezone the property located on the west side of Farmington Road between the CSX Railroad right-of-way and Schoolcraft Road (13393 Farmington Road) in the Northeast ¼ of Section 28, from M-1 (Light Manufacturing) to C-2 (General Business).Public Hearing held on August 21, 2019
11. ACCEPTANCE OF GRANT OF EASEMENT: Department of Law, re: secured without monetary consideration from Martha Goll, Representative, On the Pond Condominium, for a twelve (12’) foot wide public utility easement in connection with the water main constructed in the Capri Street Site Condominium in the Northeast ¼ of Section 4. NEW BUSINESS
12. REQUEST TO REFER THE SUBJECT MATTER OF THE SCHEDULING OF THE COUNCIL MEETINGS AND POSTED TIMES TO THE ADMINISTRATION AND LAW DEPARTMENT: Council Vice President Jim Jolly, re: to inquire if the second meeting could convene 10 minutes after the conclusion of the first meeting.
DATED: August 28, 2019
SUSAN M. NASH, CITY CLERK
In accordance with Title II of the American with Disabilities Act as it pertains to access to Public Meetings, the City Clerk’s Office of the City of Livonia, upon adequate notice, will make reasonable accommodations for persons with special needs. Please call (734) 466-2236 or email xd if you need assistance. Council agendas are available on the City’s website – www.ci.livonia.mi.us - under Government, City Council, Agendas.