STUDY MEETING OF OCTOBER 21, 2019
8:00 P.M. - City Hall Auditorium
33000 Civic Center Drive
1. REAPPOINTMENT OF KATHLEEN MCINTYRE TO THE LIVONIA BROWNFIELD REDEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY: Office of the Mayor, for a three-year term, which will expire on November 24, 2022.
2. REAPPOINTMENT OF ANDREW LENDRUM TO THE LIVONIA BROWNFIELD REDEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY: Office of the Mayor, for a three-year term, which will expire on November 24, 2022.
3. PROPOSED CHANGES TO JOB QUALIFICATIONS, DESCRIPTIONS AND WAGES FOR PART TIME STAFF AT THE LIVONIA RECREATION CENTER: Civil Service Department, re: to approve job level and classification adjustments effective January 1, 2020 through December 31, 2022, as well as wage increases based on the State of Michigan minimum wage increase.
4. REQUEST TO APPROVE THE HOLIDAY PARADE AND TREE LIGHTING ON SUNDAY, DECEMBER 8, 2019; REQUEST TO APPROVE PARADE ROUTE AND THE CLOSING OF CERTAIN CITY STREETS; TO REQUEST PERMISSION FROM WAYNE COUNTY TO CLOSE FARMINGTON ROAD FROM LYNDON TO FIVE MILE BETWEEN THE HOURS OF 4:00 P.M. AND 5:00 P.M., OR UNTIL THE ROAD IS RETURNED TO NORMAL TRAFFIC OPERATION; TO AUTHORIZE SENIOR POLICE OFFICER MICHAEL ARAKELIAN TO SIGN THE ROAD CLOSURE PERMIT ON BEHALF OF THE CITY; AND THAT THE CITY OF LIVONIA WILL ASSUME LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE CLAIMS RESULTING FROM THE ROAD CLOSURE: Department of Parks and Recreation, re: same.
5. REQUEST TO APPROVE A FOUR-YEAR CONTRACT WITH ENVIRONMENTAL RECYCLING GROUP (ERG) FOR HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE AND ELECTRONIC WASTE PROGRAM: Public Service Division, re: to provide services for Household Hazardous Waste and E-Waste services for Livonia residents at their location (13040 Merriman Road) for the years 2020 through 2023 with an option for the City to terminate the agreement after each year.
6. REQUEST TO AUTHORIZE PURCHASE OF 29 CASES OF FOURSTAR 180 DAY BRIQUETTES: Public Service Division, re: from Clarke Mosquito Control for the 2020 Mosquito Treatment Program from budgeted funds.
7. REQUEST FOR AUTHORIZATION TO PURCHASE ONE (1) HYSTER MODEL S40FTS FORKLIFT: Public Service Division, re: to supply the Public Service Division, from budgeted funds.
8. REQUEST TO AUTHORIZE AN ADDITIONAL APPROPRIATION AND EXPENDITURE: Public Service Division, re: to amend the annual expenditure for 2019 only in an amount not to exceed $275,000.00 due to unexpected need for contracted services for electrical-related issues, to RCI Electric (formerly MAS Electric) for the maintenance and repairs of Citywide electrical services for fiscal year 2018-2019, from budgeted funds. (CR 127-18)
9. REQUEST TO AUTHORIZE AN ADDITIONAL APPROPRIATION AND EXPENDITURE: Public Service Division, re: for the replacement of the City Hall fire panel and alarm system in the total amount of $4,793.24 based on unforeseen issues that required to be addressed following inspection by Fire Department, from budgeted funds. (CR 117-19)
10. REQUEST TO AMEND CONTRACT WITH OHM ADVISORS AND TO REQUEST ADDITIONAL APPROPRATION AND EXPENDITURES: Public Service Division, re: for 2020 Drinking Water Revolving Fund (DWRF) water main projects to provide engineering design administration and soils investigation services, from budgeted funds.
11. REQUEST TO ACCEPT STORM WATER FACILITIES MAINTENANCE AGREEMENT: Engineering Division, re: from Haggerty Square, LLC, in conjunction with the construction of a storm drainage system that provides adequate drainage for property developed at 19750 Haggerty Road, in the Northwest ¼ of Section 6.
12. REQUEST FOR ONE-YEAR EXTENSION OF WAIVER USE APPROVAL: Planning Commission, re: Petition 2018-04-02-10 submitted by Feldman Automotive, Inc., which previously received approval by the City Council on October 1, 2018 to construct and operate a used auto dealership with outdoor display of vehicles (Feldman Pre-Owned Superstore) on property located on the north side of Plymouth Road between Farmington and Stark Road (33850 Plymouth Road), in the Southeast ¼ of Section 28. (CR 355-18)
13. WAIVER PETITION: Planning Commission, re: Petition 2019-09-08-14 submitted by Livonia Medical Ventures L.L.C., to construct a canopy addition and renovate the exterior façade of the building located on the east side of Middlebelt Road between West Chicago and Plymouth Road (10982 Middlebelt Road) in the Northwest ¼ of Section 36.
For the 1,884th Regular Meeting of November 6, 2019
DATED: October 15, 2019
SUSAN M. NASH, CITY CLERK
In accordance with Title II of the American with Disabilities Act as it pertains to access to Public Meetings, the City Clerk’s Office of the City of Livonia, upon adequate notice, will make reasonable accommodations for persons with special needs. Please call (734) 466-2236 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance. Council agendas are available on the City’s website – www.ci.livonia.mi.us - under Government, City Council, Agendas.