1,885TH Regular Meeting of the Council of the City of Livonia
Monday, November 18, 2019
7:00 p.m. - City Hall Auditorium
33000 Civic Center Drive
CALL TO ORDER:
PRESENTATION OF MINUTES:
REPORTS FROM THE MAYOR AND OTHER CITY OFFICIALS
Communication from the Department of Finance, dated October 25, 2019, re: financial statements for the City of Livonia as of September 30, 2019.
1. REQUEST TO DEDICATE PARK IN WASHINGTON PARK SITE CONDOMINIUMS: Enrico E. Soave, Esq., Kucyk, Soave & Fernandes, PLLC, re: for dedication of public park within Washington Park Site Condominiums as required in warranty deed.
2. APPOINTMENT OF A SUBSTITUTE MAGISTRATE FOR THE 16TH DISTRICT COURT: 16th Judicial District Court, re: Administrative Order No. 2460 appointing Kathleen L. Cole as Magistrate, pursuant to Public Act 16 of the Public Acts of 1976, MCLA Section 600.8501(2).
3. REQUEST APPROVAL OF BUDGET ADJUSTMENTS FOR FISCAL YEAR ENDING NOVEMBER 30, 2019: Department of Finance, re: for additional contribution to the VEBA Fund and the Building Improvement Capital Projects Funds (418).
4. REQUEST TO APPROVE PROPOSED DESIGN CONCEPT FOR GYMNASTICS SPACE RENOVATION AT JACK E. KIRKSEY RECREATION CENTER: Department of Parks & Recreation, re: to approve design concept and budget amount for same in an amount not to exceed $4,000,000.00. (CR 04-19)
5. REQUEST TO APPROVE CITY OF LIVONIA AFSCME UNION LOCAL 192 CONTRACT AGREEMENT FOR THE PERIOD DECEMBER 1, 2019 THROUGH NOVEMBER 30, 2022: Civil Service Department, re: same.
6. REQUEST TO AUTHORIZE AN ADDITIONAL APPROPRIATION AND EXPENDITURE: Public Service Division, re: for the replacement of the City Hall fire panel and alarm system in the total amount of $4,793.24 based on unforeseen issues that required to be addressed following inspection by Fire Department, from budgeted funds. (CR 117-19)
7. PROPOSED AMENDMENT TO THE LIVONIA CODE OF ORDINANCES, AS AMENDED: Public Service Division, re: to add Chapter 22 (Illicit Discharge Elimination) to Title 13 for the regulation of non-storm water discharges to the storm drainage system.
8. REQUEST TO APPROVE 2020 ROAD REPAIR PROGRAM: Engineering Division, re: as reviewed by the Citizens Advisory Committee on roads for the eighth year of the ten-year road paving millage approved by Livonia residents.
9. REQUEST TO AMEND THE ENGINEERING CONTRACT THROUGH THE QUALIFICATION BASED SELECTION (QBS) PROCESS WITH ANDERSON, ECKSTEIN AND WESTRICK, INC., FOR DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION ENGINEERING SERVICES FOR THE 2020 CONCRETE ROAD PROGRAM (CONTRACT 20-C): Engineering Division, re: same. (CR 365-16)
10. REQUEST TO AMEND THE ENGINEERING CONTRACT THROUGH THE QUALIFICATION BASED SELECTION (QBS) PROCESS WITH ANDERSON, ECKSTEIN AND WESTRICK, INC. FOR DESIGN ENGINEERING SERVICES FOR THE 2020 CONCRETE ROAD MAINTENANCE/SELECTIVE SLAB PROGRAM (CONTRACT 20-J): Engineering Division, re: same. (CR 365-16)
11. REQUEST TO AMEND THE ENGINEERING CONTRACT THROUGH THE QUALIFICATION BASED SELECTION (QBS) PROCESS WITH OHM ADVISORS FOR THE DESIGN ENGINEERING SERVICES FOR THE 2020 ASPHALT ROAD PROGRAM: Engineering Division, re: same. (CR 365-16)
12. REQUEST TO APPROVE FIRST AMENDMENT TO LEASE AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE CITY OF LIVONIA AND AMERICAN TOWER CORPORATION (“ATC”) FOR CELL TOWER AT WHISPERING WILLOWS GOLF COURSE: Department of Law, re: for increased rent and signing bonus to extend current lease agreement located at Whispering Willows Golf Course. (CR 526-96)
MEETINGS OF THE COMMITTEE
COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE – Meeting of October 9, 2019
13a. Petition 2019-06-06-01 submitted by the City Planning Commission pursuant to Council Resolution 163-19 and Section 23.01(a) of Zoning Ordinance No. 543, as amended, proposing to amend Subsection 2 of Section 2.10, (definition of “Bed and Breakfast Establishment”) of Article II, to include residences marketed and offered for rent online by platforms such as “Airbnb”, “VRBO”, “HomeAway” or other similar websites. (CR 346-19 and CR 30-19)
13b. Subject matter of private insurance for sewer lines and water lines on private property. (CR 81-18)
14. ROLL CALL: Proposed amendment to the Livonia Code of Ordinances as amended, Department of Law, re: Petition 2019-07-03-03 submitted by City Planning Commission, request to vacate the south 33 feet of Surrey Avenue, located south of Graytona Avenue in the Northeast ¼ of Section 28. (CR 336-19 and CR 242-19)First Reading given by Council Vice President Jim Jolly on November 6, 2019.
15. PROPOSED 2020 CITY COUNCIL MEETING SCHEDULE: City Council President Laura M. Toy, re: in accordance with the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, 1976 P.A. 267, as amended.
DATED: November 7, 2019
SUSAN M. NASH, CITY CLERK
In accordance with Title II of the American with Disabilities Act as it pertains to access to Public Meetings, the City Clerk’s Office of the City of Livonia, upon adequate notice, will make reasonable accommodations for persons with special needs. Please call (734) 466-2236 or email xd if you need assistance. Council agendas are available on the City’s website – www.ci.livonia.mi.us - under Government, City Council, Agendas.