Regular Agenda of 12/16/2019
1,887TH Regular Meeting of the Council of the City of Livonia
Monday, December 16, 2019
7:00 p.m. - City Hall Auditorium
33000 Civic Center Drive
CALL TO ORDER:
PRESENTATION OF MINUTES:
REPORTS FROM THE MAYOR AND OTHER CITY OFFICIALS
Communication from the Department of Finance, dated November 29, 2019, re: financial statements for the City of Livonia as of October 31, 2019.
1. REQUEST FOR DESIGNATION AS A NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATION: John Heinzman II, President, Ardan Academy of Irish Dance Booster Club, Inc., re: as required by the State of Michigan, to obtain a Charitable Gaming License to host fundraising events in the future.
2. COLLECTION OF THE LIVONIA PUBLIC SCHOOL DISTRICT TAXES FOR THE YEAR 2020: Office of the City Clerk, re: forwarding a communication from the Secretary of the Board of Education dated October 29, 2019, requesting that the City continue to collect one-half of the district taxes with summer tax collection and the remaining one-half with the winter tax collection, commencing July 1, 2020.
3. REQUEST FOR COUNCIL APPROVAL ON A PROPOSED LOT SPLIT: Department of Assessment, re: for the property located at the Southwest corner of Robert and MacIntyre Avenues, in the Northeast ¼ of Section 35, (29568 MacIntyre, 29551 Robert and 29525 Robert) and to waive the property depth-to-width ratio for these properties.
4. REQUEST TO RENEW MICROSOFT ENTERPRISE AGREEMENT USING STATE OF MICHIGAN CONTRACT PRICING: Department of Management Information Systems, re: for a period of three years, from budgeted funds.
5. REQUEST TO APPROVE AN E-PAYMENT SERVICES AGREEMENT: Department of Parks & Recreation, re: to process ACH/eCheck and credit/debit card transactions at the Jack E. Kirksey Recreation Center, from budgeted funds.(CR 412-18)
6. REQUEST APPROVAL TO ACCEPT FY 2018 ASSISTANCE TO FIREFIGHTERS GRANT IN THE AMOUNT OF $471,242 AND REQUEST TO AUTHORIZE APPROPRIATIONS AND EXPENDITURES, THE CITY’S SHARE OF $42,835.90: Livonia Fire & Rescue, re: for the purchase of radio equipment from sole source provider, from unexpended fund balance.
7. AWARD OF CONTRACT: Public Service Division, re: to supply propane to the City, from budgeted funds.
8. REQUEST TO APPROVE PURCHASE UTILIZING THE STATE OF MICHGIAN MIDEAL PURCHASING PROGRAM: Public Service Division, re: for one (1) Caterpillar Excavator 308RQ with a Trail King Trailer TK24LP for use by the Water & Sewer Section, from budgeted funds.
9. REQUEST TO APPROVE PURCHASE UTILIZING THE STATE OF MICHIGAN MIDEAL PURCHASING PROGRAM: Public Service Division, re: for one (1) Caterpillar Skid Steer Loader 289D3 AQB for use by the Water & Sewer Section, from budgeted funds.
10. REQUEST TO APPROVE PURCHASE UTILIZING THE STATE OF MICHIGAN CONTRACT: Public Service Division, re: for one (1) 4-Wheel Drive Tractor with Utility Attachments, from budgeted funds.
11. REQUEST FOR AUTHORIZATION TO PURCHASE TWO (2) ANIMAL CONTROL OFFICER TRUCKS UTILIZING THE STATE OF MICHIGAN MIDEAL PURCHASING PROGRAM: Public Service Division, re: for two (2) F250’s and upfitting of vehicles, from budgeted funds.
12. REQUEST TO WAIVE THE FORMAL BIDDING PROCESS AND APPROVE CONTRACT WITH GRAPHIC SCIENCES: Planning Department, re: for digital imaging services not to exceed $70,000, from budgeted funds.
MEETINGS OF THE COMMITTEE
13. CAPITAL OUTLAY & INFRASTRUCTURE COMMITTEE – Meeting of October 30, 2019 and November 13, 2019
Request to schedule a meeting to discuss the conceptual planning and design of the proposed DPW Water & Sewer Building for its report and recommendation. (Allocation of Funds) (CR 152-15)
14. ROLL CALL: Proposed amendment to the Livonia Code of Ordinances: Department of Law, re: Petition 2019-07-01-06 submitted by Tiseo Architects, Inc., to rezone a portion of the shopping center located on the west side of Middlebelt Road between Clarita Avenue and Seven Mile Road (19043-19053 Middlebelt Road) in the Northeast ¼ of Section 11, from P (Parking) to C-1 (Local Business).First Reading given by Councilmember Brian Meakin on October 21, 2019.
15. WAIVER PETITION: Planning Commission, re: Petition 2019-10-02-15 submitted by Tiseo Architects, Inc., on behalf of Citizens Bank, to construct and operate a freestanding drive-up ATM kiosk within the parking lot of the shopping center on the west side of Middlebelt Road between Clarita Avenue and Seven Mile Road (19043-19053 Middlebelt Road) in the Northeast ¼ of Section 11.
16. DETERMINATION OF THE LOCAL OFFICERS COMPENSATION COMMISSION: Office of the City Clerk, re: the salaries of elected officials for the calendar years 2020 and 2021, in accordance with Section 2.48.030 of Chapter 2.48 of the Livonia Code of Ordinances, as amended.
17. REQUEST FOR ADDITIONS TO THE LOCAL STREET SYSTEM FOR ACT 51 COMPUTATIONS: Engineering Division, re: for streets, or portions thereof, newly opened during 2019.
18. REQUEST FOR WAIVER USE EXTENSION: Planning Commission, re: Petition 2017-08-02-09 submitted by Basheer Elhady on behalf of S.Y.B. Enterprises, Inc., requesting a one-year extension of all plans which previously received approval by the City Council on October 15, 2018 pursuant to CR 366-18, CR 367-18 and CR 368-18, in connection with a proposal to construct a gas station on the northwest corner of Seven Mile and Inkster Roads (27430 Seven Mile Road) in the Southeast ¼ of Section 1.
19. LANGUAGE CHANGE: Petition 2019-08-06-02 submitted by the City Planning Commission, pursuant to Council Resolution 293-19 and Section 23.01(a) of the Zoning Ordinance No. 543, as amended, proposing to amend Section 18.42A of Article XVIII which regulates wireless communication facilities by removing the governing of small cells and creating a new Section 18.42B, which would oversee the rules and technology of small cells.Public Hearing held on November 25, 2019.
20. REQUEST TO AUTHORIZE AN ADDITIONAL EXPENDITURE: Engineering Division, re: for the 2019 Sidewalk Program (Contract 19-G), for an additional $20,542.92 and revise contract total to $577,842.83 to provide payment for work performed. (CR 96-19)
21. REQUEST TO AUTHORIZE AN ADDITIONAL EXPENDITURE: Engineering Division, re: for the 2019 Concrete Road Program – Maintenance (Contract 19-J) for an additional $43,313.69 and revise contract total to $737,561.19 in order to close out contract. (CR 141-19)
DATED: December 4, 2019 SUSAN M. NASH, CITY CLERK
In accordance with Title II of the American with Disabilities Act as it pertains to access to Public Meetings, the City Clerk’s Office of the City of Livonia, upon adequate notice, will make reasonable accommodations for persons with special needs. Please call (734) 466-2236 or email xd if you need assistance. Council agendas are available on the City’s website – www.ci.livonia.mi.us - under Government, City Council, Agendas.