PLAYGROUND PROGRAM - Will run in summer 2020!
We are very excited to announce that Playground Program will be running in 2020! With guidance from the CDC, Wayne County Public Health, and the state of Michigan, we have implemented a number of changes in order to be able to offer Playground Program in a safe manner for our staff and participants.
At each site:
- Camp staff will be wearing cloth face coverings at all times when not in the pool.
- Campers are encouraged to wear cloth face coverings, but it is not required.
- Campers and staff are required to undergo a symptom/temperature screening before they are allowed to attend camp
- Campers will be assigned to groups based on age, and they are required to stay in that group for the duration of the day. Requests to be placed with friends or family will be honored and adjustments will be made as needed.
- Social distancing will take place as much as possible at Playground Program, and camper interaction will be limited to those kids within their own group.
- Increased cleaning and sanitation will occur of toys, equipment, and surfaces that are touched frequently.
- Playground Program will not be going on field trips or visiting the archery range this year.
- Swim days will be assigned by group and will rotate on a week by week basis. Campers will be given the chance to swim once per week, and a second day may be offered if available.
- Calendars will be made available the week before camp starts that includes what site the program is at each day, as well as the swim schedule for the summer.
Playground Program has been split into two different sites this year. At the time of registration, families are required to register for either Playground Program Blue or Playground Program Green, and they must follow their color’s schedule for the entire summer.
|Blue Group Schedule||Green Group Schedule|
|9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.||9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.|
|Monday - Clements Circle||Monday - Rotary|
|Tuesday - Rotary||Tuesday - Botsford|
|Wednesday - Rotary||Wednesday - Clements Circle|
|Thursday - Botsford||Thursday - Rotary|
|Friday - Clements Circle||Friday - Rotary|
Registration will open online only on June 15 for Livonia Residents and June 22 for Non-Residents.
Pre-registration is required. There will be no registration or daily drop-in fees at the sites.
Swimming will be available on certain days for an additional fee of $4 per swimmer per day.