How do I report an ordinance violation?

Depending on the ordinance violation, there are different types of reporting. If you are not sure who to contact, please call the City of Livonia at 734-466-2201.

Some common examples and the appropriate offices to contact are as follows:

  • Barking Dog
    • Animal Control Phone: 734-466-2655
      Monday through Friday
      8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
    • Livonia Police Department Phone: 734-466-2470
      Please call the Livonia Police Department during the Animal Control's non-working hours
  • Building Code Violations (dilapidated houses, etc.)
    • Please call Inspection at 734-466-2580
  • Noise Violations
    • Please contact the city of Livonia Police Department by calling 734-466-2200.

Show All Answers

1. How do I know if I need a lawyer and how do I pick one?
2. Where can I find standard court forms such as a criminal discovery order or a civil or criminal adjournment form?
3. Where is the 16th District Court?
4. How do I report a crime?
5. Where is the Law Department?
6. What is the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)?
7. How do I obtain a Personal Protection Order (PPO)?
8. How do I submit a Freedom of Information Act request?
9. What does the Law Department do?
10. Where can I find a copy of the City Ordinances?
11. Who do I call to report a barking dog?
12. How do I report an ordinance violation?
13. How do I challenge a traffic ticket?